Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Odds on a 'No Deal' Brexit slashed amid chaos in parliament

It's now as short as 7/2 that the UK leaves without a withdrawal agreement.

Just 24 hours ago, it was 7/1 that the UK leaves the EU on March 30th with no withdrawal agreement in place. Since then, bookmakers have decisively slashed the odds into 7/2.

In the last 24 hours, a whopping 87% of total bets have gone on the UK to leave in ten days’ time with no agreement.

How's Meg doing? ???

Meg is doing really well and still just as confident as she has been for the last 3 years that 'no deal' won't happen.

Still, only days to wait to find out if she is right and to find out what you voted for three years ago :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
skynews-sky-data_4614469.jpg

skynews-dky-data-poll_4614472.jpg

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-9...s-national-humiliation-sky-data-poll-11670995

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]1108418056722755584[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe she's listened to Donald " Art of the Deal " Trump and so everything will be sorted out in 48 hours, period !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've seen a retracted rumour that she's going to announce yet another General Election.

Gotta be the least likely option on the table.

She will say it’s time for the country to get behind her deal blah blah blah

Her deal is the only option blah blah blah

My deal or the risk of no deal/no brexit blah blah blah

Same same.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Labour are now equally backed into a corner.

What a shambles, I hope labours role in this isn’t forgotten.

The problem is that there is an extremely vocal group who were promised unicorns and aren't going to give up until they get their unicorns.

Both of the major parties have numbers of their supporters who are in the unicorn group.

Someone has to explain that Unicorns aren't real, but without upsetting their own supporters.

It’s a bit of a pickle, isn't it :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The problem is that there is an extremely vocal group who were promised unicorns and aren't going to give up until they get their unicorns.

Both of the major parties have numbers of their supporters who are in the unicorn group.

Someone has to explain that Unicorns aren't real, but without upsetting their own supporters.

It’s a bit of a pickle, isn't it :)
You have hundreds of posts but imo this one takes the biscuit. Well done for exceeding the ridiculous threshold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You have hundreds of posts but imo this one takes the biscuit. Well done for exceeding the ridiculous threshold.

Is it so ridiculous?

The EU need us more than we need them.
It will be the easiest deal in the world to negotiate

etc etc etc

Brexit was and is a fantasy, and the people have been conned.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've seen a retracted rumour that she's going to announce yet another General Election.

Gotta be the least likely option on the table.

If she really doesn't want a no-deal exit, this might be the only way to force a delay?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who has been conned and how exactly? No rhetoric, just the Fax.

The simple fact is that without a border in NI/Ireland, the only Brexit possible was an extremely soft one, probably staying in the customs union.

The majority of Brexiteers say that wasn't what they were promised or voted for, so they were conned :shrug:

The Fax are quite simple.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tusk says a short extension is possible but is conditional upon TM's deal being passed.

Rumours are that the PM is to make a public statement at 8pm.

Beautiful brinkmanship, and back handed support for her, by the EU.

I cannot see them letting the UK leave without a deal.

The EU are good at this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best solution now is:

We leave on 29th with no deal.
Theresa My resigns.
A Brexiteer is elected by the Tory party.
A Brexiteer calls a general election
A Brexiteer wins a general election with an increased majority
A strong Brexit backing cabinet get on and make this country great again.

However what I think will happen (which has always been my prediction) is on March 28th/29th the EU will make another "final" concession which will be enough for the ERG and DUP to back the agreement (on the basis that May resigns before end of June), it will then get through. May will see it through until it is final, about May/June time and then resign. A Brexiteer will then be elected, call a general election and off we go as above.....

Call this post out if neither happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Untrue. It seems that a number in the Labour group now believe in these unicorns. Jeremy is off to Brussels tomorrow to see them for himself it seems.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
From the Guardian:
"However, Brussels expects the British government to request a lengthy extension, and hold European elections, if the deal fails again, to allow time for cross-party talks on a soft Brexit or a general election or second referendum."

So, are they trying to bounce Bercow into allowing a third vote, hoping she'll lose again, leading to a long delay? I'm confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here