Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah, Ok. That explains it then, there was me incorrectly thinking he was exhibiting poor manners and etiquette with a lack of professionalism which some might find arrogant.

Half a second earlier he was looking at Johnson, a moment was captured, this lady is not levitating.

right_moment_27.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lib Dems have obviously rattled the more extreme Brexit supporters......

The evening standard editorial was a masterpiece this evening. Written by Gideon, obviously. It predictes Boris losing power in a general election coming our way soon.

Not so sure he's right, though.

Unless the streets are running with rats weeks after we hard brexit on Oct 31, the nation will shrug its shoulders, admire Boris' fortitude, ask WTAF Corbyn is all about, and WTAF the liberals are going on about, and return Boris with an enhanced majority (OK, a majority).

I loath the bluffer, but I can't see how he's going to fail (to hard brexit). Remember, we have to Stop Brexit to win, not pass fatuous bills in Parliament. A football analogy: remainers are attempting to pass laws to make Boris take a penalty. But that does not guarantee he will score. So easy to hoof the ball over the bar.....if he doesn't 'score' the remainers (we) lose. Fact.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I bet you didn't say he's a prick when he granted you your heart's delight - an in-out referendum.

Unlike Boris, at least he has the balls to admit he ****ed up. He was also ****ed over by Boris and Gove.

He may be our second worst ever PM (after Chamberlain) but he isn't a prick just because he's criticised your darling Boris in a book.

Yet another example of how the minds of some of you Brexiters work (not all brexiters, before I get a deluge of indignant outrage).

Anyway, we will hard brexit because it is the easiest thing in the world for Boris to sincerely propose stuff the EU won't agree to, and then Oct 31 rolls around, so enjoy your victory. It will happen. Sadly.

And yet, it is often those that it does apply to that get indignant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.

It really isn't about being scared. It's about the simple maths of 46% of our exports and 54% of our imports being with the EU, a huge chunk of that becoming commercially unviable overnight with No Deal and the immediate knock-on effect that will have for the UK economy, law and order.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.

Okay. Now let’s put some substance to your words. Uk efficiency has always intrigued me. Given the U.K. has very very low productivity, and has famously done so for some time, what’s going to change to improve this?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The first line of the Lib Dem manifesto from 2017 "Every vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote to stop Brexit and stay in the European Union." So don't vote Lib Dem, if that policy doesn't suit you, I won't be voting Brexit Party, or Tory.

Lib Dems policy to revoke if they got a majority is 100 times more democratic than unelected Boris leaving with a no mandate no deal Brexit

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Another bad day for Boris.....

It's all going to be fine, there is a lot of thinking going on and we will leave on the 31st October deal or no deal even though we are doing bugger all on either, and if it's no deal the law says we can't but Johnson says we will anyway.
So you are going to bend or ignore the law are you.
They are your words not mine.
Meanwhile the EU are still waiting for the first sign of anything concrete they can work with.
And the thicko leavers think this is all fine.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The point is a majority keep voting to leave and it doesn't happen. A central pillar of democracy is enacting the result all sorts of hellish forces get unleashed when this doesn't happen. The last three and a half years have shown us that our politicians have failed miserably to deliver on their promises to leave. Lib Dems won't form the government but that doesn't absolve them from being rightly pilloried.

It just shows us how fundamentally wrong all those promises were, easiest deal ever etc. Such blatant lies, or just so incompetent. We may never know. But we are where we are, hard Brexiteers voting against exit deals, remainers voting against the same deal. An impasse that cannot continue. If we end up in a GE then the Libs can pitch for what they want. Good luck to them

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another bad day for Boris.....

Amusing. Do you remember the days when people used to think behind the bumbling idiot was a sharp intelligent and shrewd operator? No one seems to say this anymore.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

What a crock of shit.
You total bellend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My Dad would have been 99 had he lived. I know two men who served with him in the Navy and they think being in the EU is the best thing foe peace in Europe. Their oppos died for that peace and unity.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My Dad would have been 99 had he lived. I know two men who served with him in the Navy and they think being in the EU is the best thing foe peace in Europe. Their oppos died for that peace and unity.

People who remember the war are overwhelmingly in favour of the EU. I quoted some research from the LSE a few weeks ago that found that the 80+ demographic were on par with the 18-24 year olds as the most in favour of Remain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People who remember the war are overwhelmingly in favour of the EU. I quoted some research from the LSE a few weeks ago that found that the 80+ demographic were on par with the 18-24 year olds as the most in favour of Remain.

Yes, I saw interviews in June with Dday veterans, who said the same.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Yep, there is a blanket assumption that "old people" (sorry for the generalisation) universally voted leave. However I spoken to a couple of people who REMEMBER the war who whilst being very conservative in a number of ways voted remain because of the war..

I'll check out the LSE research, because it's what I suspected all along.

The irony of citing WWII for populist "leave EU" means isn't lost on anyone with either half a brain cell of those who witnessed it.

I wish my Grandmother was still alive, she visited Germany before the war but during the rise of Hitler. She witnessed unbelievable things, a Jewish women beaten up in front of her in a restaurant and turned down a visit to a Nazi rally.

I'd love to talk to her now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Basically a similar demographic to the majority of of contributors on this thread [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here