Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I see of the genuine signatures in the Renege article 50 petition, the largest percentage are from Brighton, good work all You bitter folk, the bulk of the signatories are, of course bots, hey-ho.

By legal, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure you can't spell your own name, let alone extrapolate the available data to come up with that complete codswallop.

2/10 must try harder.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, seems so.

That thread title needs a change when we get official confirmation.

Apparently they're having Green Lentil Tarrine with Langoustine, Roast Duckling a l'Orange with Parsnip Mousseline and glazed carrots, followed by Chocolate variations, so they don't want to rush their dinner whilst agreeing the future of The UK. Could be a little while yet.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Apparently they're having Green Lentil Tarrine with Langoustine, Roast Duckling a l'Orange with Parsnip Mousseline and glazed carrots, followed by Chocolate variations, so they don't want o rush their dinner whilst agreeing the future of The UK. Could be a little while yet.

Lentils with Langoustine? Madness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fair enough; ignore the likes of the CBI and TUC if you will. But how about a vision of what the UK might look like in say 3 or 5 years time after the Brexit process? Here are some prompts but feel free to add your own good news items. What will our pattern of international trade look like? How will our public services fare? How about agriculture when we are free from the shackles of the CAP? Will our universities be flourishing? Where will economic growth come from? Will the NHS get its Brexit bonus funding? Will SMEs pick up any slack in the economy? Can we solve the UK productivity problems? Will there be a rebalancing of the economy regionally? Will worker and consumer protection be improved? Will we attract a higher calibre of immigrant?

The thrust of the Brexiteer's arguments don't go much beyond:

a) so called project fear was wrong last time so it'll be wrong again
b) the UK economy is doing better currently than most thought it would (OK, especially Remainers)

So - what is there for us to look forward to after Brexit? Let's have a bit of inspiration. Please?

Any Brexiteers on here got any answers to this post? As I expected stone silence...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see of the genuine signatures in the Renege article 50 petition, the largest percentage are from Brighton, good work all You bitter folk, the bulk of the signatories are, of course bots, hey-ho.

By legal, on our way.

https://britorbot.org

Here's some useful tools for you to confirm your bot numbers. You'll have to cross reference the signature email addresses with twitter accounts first, but it should give you some idea whether your bot numbers look good.

Do let us know what you find.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apparently they're having Green Lentil Tarrine with Langoustine, Roast Duckling a l'Orange with Parsnip Mousseline and glazed carrots, followed by Chocolate variations, so they don't want to rush their dinner whilst agreeing the future of The UK. Could be a little while yet.

At least after next week we won’t be paying for the ****ers.

By legal default, on our way.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Any Brexiteers on here got any answers to this post? As I expected stone silence...

Not worth answering as it goes off on one,gets shouty about racists,xenophobes,and pork products,and puts us on ignore.Probably GET by another login.Got some nice Gannon thanks today at Aldi and Gannon steaks.No signs of any empty shelves.Their logistics people must be on the ball.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Petition just sailed through 2m, fast one ever in the UK. Currently second largest...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Petition just sailed through 2m, fast one ever in the UK. Currently second largest...

While I think Brexit will never happen, I am not bothered by the petition. As any Brexitter would say, 2, 3. 5 million? Who cares? 17 Million voted leave. Irrelevant.

There are only two votes that matter: Parliament's vote on 'the deal' and the vote on what happens next....and that may not be a UK vote at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brilliant idea this petition. Got past 500000 so Parliament MUST debate it...:ffsparr:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm pulling the "live" data feed it. No sophisticated software, you can do it in Excel these days,

I say live because it's quite a few hours out of date - I know they have turned a few things off now. For example the database isn't doing the same statistical calculations it was.

However - just replying to the bollocks about Brighton having the highest percentage. It's "up there" but you are talking about less than 1%. Bristol, Cambridge and Horsey in London are above Brighton.

Liverpool and Sheffield constituencies are also in the top 20.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Them bots are working overtime, still 14.1 million short of what you got last time out.

By legal default, on our way way.

They are working overtime. Filling out those petitions and running your account? At least they have variety.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think it is in reality quite a bit higher. I signed it over an hour ago, and the validation email is still not through. Loads to add yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

.. whilst they still have subsidised bars in the House of Commons and the above is a simply a lunchtime starter for financers in the city.

Let's take back control where shoes from India will be cheaper for the plebs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
EU leaders seem pretty unified in their message as they entered the European Council. "Either take the deal of **** off".

They weren’t united. Reported extensively on BBC Newsnight etc tonight that France/Luxembourg wanted that, whilst Germany/Netherlands and others wanted to accomodate our request for time. They won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here