Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
When a government has got to power on a policy that explicitly dismissed experts in favour of opinions then it's sadly no surprise some people feel empowered to attack anyone who allows experts to be heard.
Well, that didn’t happen. There weren’t any experts in whether or not we should be members of the EU. It was a personal choice basis lots of factors including constitutional, economic and political. Lots of dire predictions haven’t come to pass so a lot of these expert opinions turned out to be opinion anyway, relying as they did upon assumption. Tired cliches about Brexit have nothing to do with the current debate.

I believe there were a whole number of experts on various aspects of Brexit such as the breakdown of GDP, the NI border, Fishing, Exports, Financial services, Import controls and what would be required to implement them etc etc. In fact there's been an interesting debate on the Brexit thread over the last couple of days about alternatives to the NI Protocol. It could really use some input from a lucid Brexit supporter as to what the alternatives are as there aren't any over there and I wouldn't want this thread to go off topic, so I've copied this post over there :thumbsup:

Hi [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION]. As I mentioned on the other thread, I'd be interested to hear your views on alternatives to the Northern Ireland Protocol as it's certainly not a tired old cliche and needs resolving urgently and it would be good to get a sensible view from a Brexit supporter. Thanks

Last couple of days posts about it start here https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9891914&viewfull=1#post9891914

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I predicted all this ages ago so its no surprise to me. Watch us import tonnes and tonnes of high quality dairy and agri product from Down Under, with a lot of export going the other way. Much more to come.

i'd rather pay more for British produce and support British farmers which creates wealth and jobs in this country.

Strange the same people who sell this say you should be more patriotic

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'd rather pay more for British produce and support British farmers which creates wealth and jobs in this country.

why would 2 relatively small countries enter into free trade agreements when they are on opposite sides of the globe .?...it makes no sense , British farmers are already paid to leave fields empty......this is just a photo op for 2 leaders who's popularity is fading but , who , unbelievably incidentally both lack any credible opposition in their own country ......:dog vommit:

Jan 30, 2008
I predicted all this ages ago so its no surprise to me. Watch us import tonnes and tonnes of high quality dairy and agri product from Down Under, with a lot of export going the other way. Much more to come.

Big trading opportunities opening in the far East definitely more to come
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I see that the third wise monkey has turned up to tell us how brilliant this deal is, even though, just like [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] he is actually incapable of pointing out any individual positive aspect of the deal whatsoever :shrug:.

But it's worth remembering this is the same [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] that claimed to have voted for brexit here
Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

then claimed to have voted Remain here
I didn't vote Leave. There, that answers a simple question.
Unlike many on here, I can maintain a balanced view on both sides of the argument. I come from a generation that learnt how to accept other opinions and decisions, even if you didn't agree with them. I have a view that the EU doesn't have a long term future.

And also told us

No one has a clue what lies ahead by leaving or remaining. We know two things. Firstly, the short term ( approx 2 years ) after leaving will be difficult. Most experts are agreed on that.

You may not have noticed but tens of thousands of people have been losing their jobs well before the referendum and during the Brexit process. Manufacturing numbers have declined massively over decades, as we have become more service orientated. Our retail sector has been decimated as the switch to online purchasing increases. With online giant warehousing comes automation and minimal staffing levels. Numbers of large businesses will continue to decline. We are an SME dominated country, with 80% of that trade done within the UK.
Brexit will be a balancing factor. Some opportunities will be lost, others will be gained as we become the ' techno centre' of Northern Europe.

All on this particular thread where he seems to have covered every base :lolol:

I will repeat once again for the hard of thinking, this is the Internet, what you have written is recorded for prosperity :dunce:

I'm sure you'll have a view on an alternative solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol Mo ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

That's fine if we can be self sufficient but we can't. That's why Tesco import produce from 63 different countries. Australia and NZ have high animal welfare standards unlike certain EU members who have gained a foothold in the UK with cheap product from intensive farming methods.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

And yet another bid to take the village idiot crown off Ppf with the daily posting of the link to the manufacturing marketing website that has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. They're all out tonight, must be the weather :dunce:

Maybe you should do that 'why Gammon is racist and anti-semitic' one again. Although It's equally pathetic it's very slightly more amusing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I see that the third wise monkey has turned up to tell us how brilliant this deal is, even though, just like [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] he is actually incapable of pointing out any individual positive aspect of the deal whatsoever :shrug:.

But it's worth remembering this is the same [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] that claimed to have voted for brexit here

then claimed to have voted Remain here

And also told us

All on this particular thread where he seems to have covered every base :lolol:

I will repeat once again for the hard of thinking, this is the Internet, what you have written is recorded for prosperity :dunce:

I'm sure you'll have a view on an alternative solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol Mo ?

I love the trouble you go to you to dig out all previous posts and smugly prove that I am a crazy, mixed up sonofabitch. I love the superiority, the gloating, the self-indulgence. If I have only got under your supercilious skin, then I have achieved my aim. This thread has long passed its sell by date but as long as all the desperate continue to meet here, then people like me, with no intelligence or understanding, will use the only weapon in our armoury....the great big fat wind up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I love the trouble you go to you to dig out all previous posts and smugly prove that I am a crazy, mixed up sonofabitch. I love the superiority, the gloating, the self-indulgence. If I have only got under your supercilious skin, then I have achieved my aim. This thread has long passed its sell by date but as long as all the desperate continue to meet here, then people like me, with no intelligence or understanding, will use the only weapon in our armoury....the great big fat wind up.

Of course all your lies were part of one big fat wind up. How's business Mo :wink:

:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson knows Brexit is going badly

So he put a tiny trade deal with India over our public health in a desperate attempt to secure something

The rest is history, back to the highest Covid infection rate in Europe despite being weeks ahead on vaccines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHchYrrcxQk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here