Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So, what did these Labour MPs see in Johnson's deal that was so much more attractive than in May's deal? If they were voting for it out of fear of no deal, then amendments may well get through if they go back again.

Capture.JPG

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Deal would have passed a year ago if the Tory ERG had voted for it. Do you understand this? Deal delayed because of Tories. Not speaker or Remoaners - OTHER TORIES! FFS!

The Tories have been messing everything up for a number of years now.

I had a friend a number of years ago who said he always voted conservative because "They know how to run things". Yes, well...…..

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
So, what did these Labour MPs see in Johnson's deal that was so much more attractive than in May's deal? If they were voting for it out of fear of no deal, then amendments may well get through if they go back again.

View attachment 116469
I expect many of them decided to act in accordance with their constituent voters, at last, as some of those were from 'leave' areas and have finally realised that they supposed to act for the people, not decide that people are stupid and they know better and can ignore a referendum.

Maybe a few out of fear of no deal as well, who knows - who cares. Any party that persists with Corbyn as leader are not worthy of much thought, IMHO.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I expect many of them decided to act in accordance with their constituent voters, at last, as some of those were from 'leave' areas and have finally realised that they supposed to act for the people, not decide that people are stupid and they know better and can ignore a referendum.

By that logic, they should have been well balanced out by the 27 Tories in remain constituencies then. Or are the Tories even less principled?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Maybe a few out of fear of no deal as well, who knows - who cares. Any party that persists with Corbyn as leader are not worthy of much thought, IMHO.

MPs are not there to do what their constituents want. They are there to do what they think is right for the country. If their constituents don't like it, they throw them out at the next election

As it happens, My MP (Winchester and expelled by the tories) voted for both Bills tonight, and his constituency is very heavily remain - 59% to 41% with an 81% turnout.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

As you don't care - I've looked up their voting records for the pleasure of NSC.

With the exception of three (including Flint who is now full on ERG) they want to remain in the Custom Union, which (as every knows) is almost as diametrically opposed to Boris's deal as voting against it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Deal would have passed a year ago if the Tory ERG had voted for it. Do you understand this? Deal delayed because of Tories. Not speaker or Remoaners - OTHER TORIES! FFS!

This isn’t true though is it.
There were enough non-ERG Tories who voted against the deal on each occasion to ensure it would not have passed even if all ERG had voted Aye.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This isn’t true though is it.
There were enough non-ERG Tories who voted against the deal on each occasion to ensure it would not have passed even if all ERG had voted Aye.

Which proves the point that the only party to blame for this is the party in power, The Tories.

There are now splits behind the scenes within the Brexit Party. Members are becoming increasingly annoyed with Farage as his public statements regarding the Johnson deal do not reflect the feelings of many members.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No 10 position now. When EU sign off three month delay they will call an election according to "anonymous" i.e. Cummings briefings to Peston.

Already blaming Labour rather than themselves so it makes perfect sense. Cummings unlikely to be around I'd imagine.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
A general election will be fine, as long as Corbyn disappears up his own bum...

...and as long as we get out of the EU and you all realise you fell for the fear-mongering and no-one died.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A general election will be fine, as long as Corbyn disappears up his own bum...

...and as long as we get out of the EU and you all realise you fell for the fear-mongering and no-one died.

I love how supposedly intelligent folk dismiss it all as 'fear-mongering'. One can excuse the more hard of thinking for believing that, but you're actually more foolish than they are.
You have no excuse for thinking that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here