Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Get the message Lever, you will have to reinvent yourself yet again.
I have already said some posters and you being one of the top of that list, have thrown to many insults towards me for me to want to engage with you.

I am guessing this a joke, otherwise you have a distinct lack of self awareness.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Get the message Lever, you will have to reinvent yourself yet again.
I have already said some posters and you being one of the top of that list, have thrown to many insults towards me for me to want to engage with you.

As I said..... take your time and try and make a sensible reply; this is weak and you can surely do better.
Have another go..... after you have given your comments a bit more than a few minutes thought.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the Lib Dems win 325 seats, she will have the mandate to do it, in our system. She won't get them, it won't happen, but she and her party are making it clear that they do not support any form of Brexit, which will not be a bad record to have in a few years time, when others will be seen as at least facilitating whatever crap we end up with.

This.

I really don't understand why people are struggling with what the Libdems have done. They are currently no where near getting a majority but if they did, does anyone not genuinely believe the only reason would be because of their stance on Brexit?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Liberal Democrats ... the most inappropriately named political party in the world? A party that only accepts democratic results it likes and thinks it's ok to ignore the wishes of 17.4 million voters. As numerous other posters have mentioned they are a party of extremist zealots. The electoral commission should insist they change their name as it is clearly misleading ... the Undemocratic Loon party or the Bollox to Democracy party?

The position is that they will stand for election with revocation of Article 50, if they are elected, they will have a democratic mandate to revoke, under our system. Perhaps the words conservative and unionist are becoming a bit inappropriate for your preferred party though?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its important to see all sides of the debate and this does that, the problem is how can you judge anything if you don't want to view all sides.
Very strange, personally I thought you had more about you.

It doesn't, it's just Piers Morgan spouting off.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.

Hell yeah, there's nothing to be scared of!

https://assets.publishing.service.g...est_Yellowhammer_Planning_assumptions_CDL.pdf

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Over 80% of the electorate voted for parties promising to enact the referendum result at the last GE .... you tell me?

The first line of the Lib Dem manifesto from 2017 "Every vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote to stop Brexit and stay in the European Union." So don't vote Lib Dem, if that policy doesn't suit you, I won't be voting Brexit Party, or Tory.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The man's a pr1ck trying to sell a book. At least he got the ball rolling though....

I bet you didn't say he's a prick when he granted you you heart's delight - and in-out referendum.

Unlike Boris, at least he has the balls to admit he ****ed up. He was also ****ed over by Boris and Gove.

He may be our second worst ever PM (after Chamberlain) but he isn't a prick just because he's criticised your darling Boris in a book.

Yet another example of how the minds of some of you Brexiters work (not all brexiters, before I get a deluge of indignant outrage).

Anyway, we will hard brexit because it is the easiest thing in the world for Boris to sincerely propose stuff the EU won't agree to, and then Oct 31 rolls around, so enjoy your victory. It will happen. Sadly.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The position is that they will stand for election with revocation of Article 50, if they are elected, they will have a democratic mandate to revoke, under our system. Perhaps the words conservative and unionist are becoming a bit inappropriate for your preferred party though?

Lib Dems have obviously rattled the more extreme Brexit supporters......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The man's a pr1ck trying to sell a book. At least he got the ball rolling though....

I bet you didn't say he's a prick when he granted you your heart's delight - an in-out referendum.

Unlike Boris, at least he has the balls to admit he ****ed up. He was also ****ed over by Boris and Gove.

He may be our second worst ever PM (after Chamberlain) but he isn't a prick just because he's criticised your darling Boris in a book.

Yet another example of how the minds of some of you Brexiters work (not all brexiters, before I get a deluge of indignant outrage).

Anyway, we will hard brexit because it is the easiest thing in the world for Boris to sincerely propose stuff the EU won't agree to, and then Oct 31 rolls around, so enjoy your victory. It will happen. Sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here