Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

The blind panic out there from the likes of Lord Adonis and co is unreal using things like self-harming and cliff edge, guys like him are doing far more harm for this country.
The problem is the all the doom monger sheep believe all these t+ats.

He is creating divide and hate and spreading it like a disease and the other remoaners are just visionless to believe it all.
He should be stripped of his title and castrated, that's if he has any balls at all.

I will not waste my energy any more on the remoaners, but if it comes down to us not leaving the EU on October 31st the remoaners will have caused an issue which will not subside for decades to come.

Can they not see the damage that they are doing by trying to reverse a major decision, kids will think they can demonstrate at everything they don't deem as fair.

The long term situation is frightening, their kids and grandkids look up to them for guidance and they are acting like teenagers. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

They are ripping the country apart, the decision was made by the PUBLIC and it MUST be delivered on October 31st.

LEAVE means LEAVE.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Did you vote for Labour and Tony Blair back in 1997, I did. What a bad mistake that was. I would never vote for Labour again.
As you grow older you realise, it doesn't matter what party you vote for they all end up going the same way.

I was 6 years old, so no I did not vote.

I'm not sure you can hold the current Labour Party as it is now, responsible for 1997, considering the current leader has done more pro peace activity than any of the the other party leaders put together. The ostracizing of 'blairites' only serves to support the overhaul their direction. Not forgetting the fact that 22 years have passed since then and the country has changed.

Similarly, it would be utterly absurd of me if I was to blame Johnson for the destruction of the Northern Economies by Thatcher.

Disregarding policies needed in the here and now based on what happened under different leadership two decades ago. What a weird world you live in.

Trickle Trickle.......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He is creating divide and hate and spreading it like a disease and the other remoaners are just visionless to believe it all.
He should be stripped of his title and castrated, that's if he has any balls at all.

This is exactly what messrs Johnson et al are doing at the moment.

And if we leave without a deal, there will be trouble just as you predict there will be if we don't leave.

If May had done things better in the first place - involving a wider range of people in any discussions rather than trying to appease just the hard line ERG - THREE YEARS AGO, we probably wouldn't be in this mess now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I'm not sure you can hold the current Labour Party as it is now, responsible for 1997, considering the current leader has done more pro peace activity than any of the the other party leaders put together. The ostracizing of 'blairites' only serves to support the overhaul their direction. Not forgetting the fact that 22 years have passed since then and the country has changed.

Similarly, it would be utterly absurd of me if I was to blame Johnson for the destruction of the Northern Economies by Thatcher.

Disregarding policies needed in the here and now based on what happened under different leadership two decades ago. What a weird world you live in.

Trickle Trickle.......

Personally I hold David Lloyd George responsible for the current state of the Liberal Party...……..

…….. But on a more serious note, well said!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
it would be utterly absurd of me if I was to blame Johnson for the destruction of the Northern Economies by Thatcher.

It would be considerably less aburd, as the Tory's have not changed their basic economic principles and beliefs (although they have shifted in terms of social perspectives) since 1980, whereas Labour very clearly have since 1997.

In fact the current cabinet represents a shift in thinking back towards Thatcherite fundamentalism.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The blind panic out there from the likes of Lord Adonis and co is unreal using things like self-harming and cliff edge, guys like him are doing far more harm for this country.
The problem is the all the doom monger sheep believe all these t+ats.

I will not waste my energy any more on the remoaners, but if it comes down to us not leaving the EU on October 31st the remoaners will have caused an issue which will not subside for decades to come.

Can they not see the damage that they are doing by trying to reverse a major decision, kids will think they can demonstrate at everything they don't deem as fair.

The long term situation is frightening, their kids and grandkids look up to them for guidance and they are acting like teenagers. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

They are ripping the country apart, the decision was made by the PUBLIC and it MUST be delivered on October 31st.

LEAVE means LEAVE.

Is this tantrum meant to bring us all together?
What is with all the name calling? Remoaner, visionless, tw*ts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
the decision was made by the PUBLIC and it MUST be delivered on October 31st.

Why? Nobody ever mentioned 31st October 2019 as the date for anything at any point when the decision was actually made. Why can't it be May 27th 2022? Or September 15th 2023? Or 31st December 2099?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Why? Nobody ever mentioned 31st October 2019 as the date for anything at any point when the decision was actually made. Why can't it be May 27th 2022? Or September 15th 2023? Or 31st December 2099?

Because, to coin a phrase, leave means leave. We voted out, so out we must go. Should have happened months ago but for sabotage, delays and obstructions. Still being in at 2099 isn't really leaving, is it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's because it's nice and simple and it's just another soundbite with no substance. Believe in Brexit, have blind faith, don't worry about details, dismiss everything as Project Fear and the little things like a date become very, very important to the cause.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is exactly what messrs Johnson et al are doing at the moment.

And if we leave without a deal, there will be trouble just as you predict there will be if we don't leave.

If May had done things better in the first place - involving a wider range of people in any discussions rather than trying to appease just the hard line ERG - THREE YEARS AGO, we probably wouldn't be in this mess now.

Is this tantrum meant to bring us all together?
What is with all the name calling? Remoaner, visionless, tw*ts.

He's winding you all up.

What the Tories (and their supporters) are desperate to do, is get out before January 2020, when the EU tax avoidance/evasion rules come into play.

[tweet]1162450192815337473[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Trickle Trickle.......

Classic Broflakery - blame everything on Labour and Tony Blair - it makes things easier. Examples being:

The global financial crisis including Lehman Brothers - All Labour and Tony Blair's fault.
Mass, uncontrolled immigration (including from Commonwealth countries when the Tories were in power, Muslims and the A8 countries who were specifically chosen by Labour and Tony Blair in a secret plot with The EU so they'd vote Labour in general elections that they're not eligible to participate in) - All Labour and Tony Blair's fault.
The Iraq war (which despite there being 70% public support for at the time of the invasion because everybody just wanted rid of Saddam, they were opposed, or if they did support it they only did so because of a dossier they didn't read.) - All Labour and Tony Blair's fault. (and Jeremy Corbyn's obviously, despite him voting against it and his Hyde Park speech, because Jeremy Corbyn is to blame for everything as well.)
Diane Abbott - Probably all Labour and Tony Blair's fault, certainly Jeremy Cobyn's, The EU and Caroline Lucas might have something to do with Diane Abbott as well.

(Personally I still haven't forgiven the Tories for the shambles that happened at Islandwana and Spion Kop and not being able to do a GCSE at school in the language that Eskimos speak rather then French.)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why do you assume that Remainers had blind faith in the EU?

Some of us (in fact, I think many of us) were well aware of the faults in the EU, but consider it is better to reform from within, as like our government, it is constantly evolving.
If anything, as far as I'm concerned, being in the EU, where there are alliances, such as the Greens across Europe, was a balance against the flaws in our own government.

Wherever there are humans running an institution, there are going to be flaws.

So just out of interest, what reforms have the UK managed the get made in the EU in, say, the last 20 years ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So just out of interest, what reforms have the UK managed the get made in the EU in, say, the last 20 years ?

I posted a link the last time I replied to you, when you mentioned the CAP. I said there have been seven reforms of the CAP.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
May tried some sort which Jezza & Co poo-pooed. Quite a few yippees on here too when they were defeated each time.

I've seen this sort of thing claimed a few times and don't understand it. May, and later Johnson, were appointed by the Queen because they could command the majority in the House that would allow them to go about the business of government. It's a tight majority but it exists - the Tories and their chums outnumber the rest.

Unfortunately for May, she was abandoned by large numbers of her supporters when it came to voting for her deal. Most of them were fervent Brexiteers. As a result of this insurrection the natural business of government broke down, on three occasions.

How can you possibly claim that the opposition was responsible?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's winding you all up.

What the Tories (and their supporters) are desperate to do, is get out before January 2020, when the EU tax avoidance/evasion rules come into play.

you'd have thought they could just not implement the EU rules?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As each day passes - and the silence on how we continue to trade after 31 Oct 19 becomes deafening - it appears tax is becoming an increasingly important factor. I genuinely do believe the Tries want us outside of the new EU Tax Directive to preserve our tax havens and turn us into an ultra-low tax economy.

The only way to stop a flight of capital out of the UK would be to slash taxes, and with Boris promising an increase in the Higher Rate income tax threshold from £50K to £80K and Corporation tax already committed to falling from 19% to 17% next April God help those depending on social services and state handouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here