Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Ireland /NI issue was not mentioned in the referendum it was created ,anyway you can`t just blame the leave MP`s for voting down TM`s deal it was so bad still half in europe and half out ,did the remain MP`s vote it down for this reason or to create enough obstacles so Brexit wont happen , The referendum result should have been carried out by Parliment if they could not do that why did they ask the public ?.TM basically surrendered to the EU mainly Germany who are unhappy they have to pay most of the money in to it now .

I have to say I am absolutely stunned that you managed to get to the point of the referendum vote with no knowledge whatsoever of the NI/Ireland issue. It wasn't 'created', it has always been one of the most significant sticking points for any type of Brexit.

It wasn't possible that you had your fingers in your ears shouting 'project fear' when all this was being discussed, is it?

Last edited:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I have to say I am absolutely stunned that you managed to get to the point of the referendum vote with no knowledge whatsoever of the NI/Ireland issue. It wasn't 'created', it has always been one of the most significant sticking points for any type of Brexit.

It wasn't possible that you had your fingers in your ears shouting 'project fear' when all this was being discussed, is it?

Quote " The backstop was born on the 8th November 2017" .

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The EU has brought nations who have frequently fought wars with each other closer together and reduced the competition between them to become more co-operative, it might not be clear cut, but who could deny that all the leaders of all the member states meeting fairly regularly and discussing shared interest is a + in the keeping peace box.
That’s a fair point however I suspect the huge nuclear arsenals are also a contributing factor

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The Ireland /NI issue was not mentioned in the referendum it was created ,anyway you can`t just blame the leave MP`s for voting down TM`s deal it was so bad still half in europe and half out ,did the remain MP`s vote it down for this reason or to create enough obstacles so Brexit wont happen , The referendum result should have been carried out by Parliment if they could not do that why did they ask the public ?.TM basically surrendered to the EU mainly Germany who are unhappy they have to pay most of the money in to it now .

Cameron said it would likely be affected. Boris obviously said it wouldn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35673442

Ireland were clear it would mean hard border. Boris obviously denied.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...nda-kenny-border-warning-brexit-eu-referendum

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Other way around I am afraid. It is the elites screwing over the people. You only habe to look at who is pushing brexit to see that.

S/he's an inverted snob who makes a virtue of mythologising this mess as a class struggle; vacuous and shameful.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It was over a million. Just because you want to make up your own figures it doesn't make them right......

And I've told you before, I'm neither angry nor little.

I'm just another person laughing at your pathetic posts. Screenshot boy. You're a laughing stock and you don't even seem to realise it. Self awareness also not one of your strong points, obviously. [emoji23]

Did you count them snowflake

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Cameron said it would likely be affected. Boris obviously said it wouldn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35673442

Ireland were clear it would mean hard border. Boris obviously denied.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...nda-kenny-border-warning-brexit-eu-referendum

The Backstop situation is quite complex but reading up on it in the Financial Times Mr Barnier took a very hardline approach about it at a certain point while our goverment was dithering . I would still vote leave even if it was best out of five referendums because it is a chance to vote against free movement of people to our country causing over population and our ability to absorb these numbers ,but we have no say for non EU people coming in so our small country is going to get pretty full up in the decades to come which is worrying for future generations .

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The Backstop situation is quite complex but reading up on it in the Financial Times Mr Barnier took a very hardline approach about it at a certain point while our goverment was dithering . I would still vote leave even if it was best out of five referendums because it is a chance to vote against free movement of people to our country causing over population and our ability to absorb these numbers ,but we have no say for non EU people coming in so our small country is going to get pretty full up in the decades to come which is worrying for future generations .

The UK government could already do this whilst in the EU. The government has full control over non-EU migration. This was established long ago, much like the passports scenario.

Regarding EU migration:

by applying current EU rules, which state that migrants must prove that they are either working, actively seeking work or self-sufficient. Otherwise, they can be removed after three months. Other EU countries operate a worker registration system to implement this. In a similar way, the UK should require EU migrants to register with their local authority. Those without jobs should be required to return to their country of origin.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That’s why the easily led like me voted leave, supercilious helmets like you CANNOT stand the fact that the working class stuck two fingers up to the establishment, positively livid .How dare We.

By legal default, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Working class heroes like Jacob Rees Mogg, Aaron Banks and Crispin Odey.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Over population is less of an immediate concern than the ability to fund welfare, unfortunately, we don't have enough people of working age in work and paying tax to afford all the pensions of those in retirement without migrant workers, not in the current system. However, if we are in the EU, planned tax avoidance rules for companies like Google paying bugger all in Ireland, could mean we don't need such a large take from working people.
What is likely is that we will have roughly similar numbers of migrant workers if there is work available, it will just take more time and money to facilitate their visas, in turn knocking those employers profits on which they pay tax, also the Tory leavers tend to be in favour of low corporate taxation, and is one reason they are keen to get out of the EU now, it really is an oversimplification to think leaving the EU and ending freedom of movement will solve lots of problems, it just shifts issues around a bit, and makes quite a few things worse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ooooh,that’s clever, I didn’t realise you were a moderator, have a house point.

By legal default,on our way.

So, basically, he was right.

Banks just wants to sell cheap travel insurance. The rest of the campaign was being directed by Eton boys and those with enough cash to fund Cambridge Analytica. Well done on your authentic working class rebellion. Don't forget to touch your forelock "on your way" to the food bank.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So, basically, he was right.

Banks just wants to sell cheap travel insurance. The rest of the campaign was being directed by Eton boys and those with enough cash to fund Cambridge Analytica. Well done on your authentic working class rebellion. Don't forget to touch your forelock "on your way" to the food bank.

I imagine I’ll have My vote withdrawn when the 4th Reich clicks its jack boots.

By legal default, on our way.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You'd have thought that with two and a half years to play with, the first six months could have been spent building a consensus in parliament and THEN trying to push that consensus through the EU. Still, easy enough with hindsight eh?

At the very least, when her proposed deal was soundly rejected by the biggest ever HOC defeat, she should have binned it then. That would have given three months. No, return with the same thing but ask please. Despite another tonking, the first thought was to return with the same thing but ask pretty please.

Amateur night doesn't cover it. Its too serious to be funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here