Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

And precisely where are we moving to, my friend? This is the language of someone locked inside a dysfunctional marriage, What folk like you fail to realise is that

a) we cannot simply extract ourselves on a clean break basis (we can't just walk out of the house) - we must have some kind of on-going relationship; we'll have 'obligations' (think of the children)

b) the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)

c) we've got nowhere else to go (we don't exactly have a queue of stunners awaiting our release from a loveless marriage)

In terms of a divorce settlement, we'll end up sleeping in the back of our car. So 'personally' I hope that if we leave with a NO DEAL (your capitals) I hope that you will suffer disproportionately as.(literally) you were gagging for it.
Equally (let's be fair here) I hope that if it turns out wonderfully, you should get a better than average share of the benefits (and good luck with that).

And are we not overdue for one of your cheery good news Brexit items about job creation - eg local newsagent in Bromsqrove takes on 2 new paper-boys?

By the way I have already suffered, when my wife got made redundant 2-3 years ago. We where a month away from not being able to pay our mortgage. We are OK now, and we will be OK after Brexit, because at the end of the day nobody will stop us going out to work and earning money, that's the key. I would even go out toilet cleaning, if it meant bringing in a few extra pounds.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
May tried some sort which Jezza & Co poo-pooed. Quite a few yippees on here too when they were defeated each time.

I'm assuming that you weren't taken in by the Leave campaign's talk of a 'good deal' and wanted 'no deal' all along. Or do you think there was a 'good deal' there that everyone missed ?

If so, I'm fascinated to know what it was ???

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
How did we cope before joining the common agricultural policy , can you give us a time scale for the meltdown of the country, will we become a third world country , have the Bankers all disappeared, have we gone into recession LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DR[/QUOTE

1. In real terms food has become cheaper since we joined the EU; the proportion of income spent on food in the average household has fallen. So before the CAP food was more costly and there was less choice.

2. 1st November 2019.

3, We won't.

4. Some banking jobs have been relocated. But bankers have not disappeared.

5. We will probably go into recession when the data for Q3 is released in Autumn.

Any more questions?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
What a load of bolleaux. I didn't vote leave because of the politicians - I voted leave because the EU is so corrupt they have never submitted a set of properly audited accounts, because of the CAP which was biased against our own farmers, because of the the wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains, and so on, because of being 'represented' in Europe by non elected people, because of the expense scandals and so on a so on. How arrogant to say that MP's supporting Leave are following their own agenda when those in favour of Remain are also following their own agenda. The referendum result was in favour of Leave - they should stop following their own agendas and follow the result.

The butter mountain once existed, but the EU changed its policy to stop this happening. There has been no butter mountain for many years. Way before the referendum.

The wine lake. I can only see reference to this from around 2008. Can you point me in the direction of some upto date information.

Non elected :facepalm:

I am actually begining to think that Brexiteers post this stuff to entice people to call them thick. If not...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can you clarify this please, we have simply opted to move out of the bureaucratic ties of the EU, hardly 'playing away in a marriage'. Poor analogy.

We've signalled our intention to flounce out. We would have got into bed with anyone that would have had us but we were bound by legal constraints, so we've just been flirting with the likes of The Donald. I thought the analogy was thought-provoking. It was. An alternative was kindly provided by Westdene so you can choose...……………….You too are welcome to a better than average share of the benefits as long as your take the hit for the rest of us when we leave. Deal or no deal?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We've signalled our intention to flounce out. We would have got into bed with anyone that would have had us but we were bound by legal constraints, so we've just been flirting with the likes of The Donald. I thought the analogy was thought-provoking. It was. An alternative was kindly provided by Westdene so you can choose...……………….You too are welcome to a better than average share of the benefits as long as your take the hit for the rest of us when we leave. Deal or no deal?

We are where we are now. We could have been gone, and be well and truly over the hills by now with the May deal. Since that was repeatedly kicked into touch by our learned Parliament and Speaker, we are left with Plan B.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.

And one of the issues was because we paid rather a lot of money into the joint account which she used a large chunk of to go out with her friends. Problem being that some of them were poorer than us so she paid for their meals.

Good try. Given that we agree the outcome will be a lose-lose (if it's a win-lose to us, please explain), you might find that it would have been better to hang on in there and do your best to patch-it up. You know you'll regret it when that car seat you've been sleeping on gets unbearable and when you can't find anyone new to snuggle up against. Indeed, I think you'll crawl back asking for another chance.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good try. Given that we agree the outcome will be a lose-lose (if it's a win-lose to us, please explain), you might find that it would have been better to hang on in there and do your best to patch-it up. You know you'll regret it when that car seat you've been sleeping on gets unbearable and when you can't find anyone new to snuggle up against. Indeed, I think you'll crawl back asking for another chance.

Can you clarify, after playing away, why so many folks in charge apparently are letting us go towards abject poverty, sleeping in cardboard and drinking warm cider through a scabby sock?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And just when you think that they couldn't make the impact of 'no deal' worse (and even less likely to happen)

UK to end freedom of movement for EU citizens on day one of Brexit, under new government plan

Free movement for EU citizens will end on day one of a no-deal Brexit, under new Home Office plans – despite warnings of chaos and of people trapped in legal limbo.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uk-to-end-freedom-of-movement-for-eu-citizens-on-day-one-of-brexit-under-new-government-plan/ar-AAFYG3K?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

We are where we are now. We could have been gone, and be well and truly over the hills by now with the May deal. Since that was repeatedly kicked into touch by our learned Parliament and Speaker, we are left with Plan B.

But it's so much better now we have a plan :laugh:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Brexiteers wanted the UK to have its own laws, and not be 'bound' (not that they were) by the EU. You seem to have a problem with that. Whats wrong with applying British laws and Parliamentary procedures, or do you only want laws, and procedures, that correspond with your vision? It was hard nosed Brexiteers that didn't want May's deal btw.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can you clarify, after playing away, why so many folks in charge apparently are letting us go towards abject poverty, sleeping in cardboard and drinking warm cider through a scabby sock?

I suggest you redirect your question to members of the ERG and DUP who scuppered any hope of a realistic deal, but I confess I'm not totally clear of your question; clarification is a two-way process, I'm afraid. Good to see you are going with the analogy though: this one will limp and limp...……………..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How does calling people thick expect to win some of you remainers any support?

Personally I hope we leave with NO DEAL. Our vote would have been respected, we can leave the EU and move on.

The public, in the majority, are not thick. The vote should be respected.

But leaving with no deal is a bit dumb. This country needs to think about its future and not the agenda of a few frothy mouthed PPF xenophobes.

There is no hurry.

Jan 30, 2008
How did we cope before joining the common agricultural policy , can you give us a time scale for the meltdown of the country, will we become a third world country , have the Bankers all disappeared, have we gone into recession LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DR[/QUOTE

1. In real terms food has become cheaper since we joined the EU; the proportion of income spent on food in the average household has fallen. So before the CAP food was more costly and there was less choice.

2. 1st November 2019.

3, We won't.

4. Some banking jobs have been relocated. But bankers have not disappeared.

5. We will probably go into recession when the data for Q3 is released in Autumn.

Any more questions?

"Probably" ,muggy monday lets go around again
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
The public, in the majority, are not thick. The vote should be respected.

But leaving with no deal is a bit dumb. This country needs to think about its future and not the agenda of a few frothy mouthed xenophobes.

There is no hurry.

What do you mean there's no hurry ? The stalling is causing all the problems people have had enough of the stalling and that's leavers and remainers the country needs to move on.
if some people don't like that reality they need to get a grip and accept that we're leaving as instructed by the referendum result.
those that can't are the "thick" one's.
Regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here