Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Bercow's ego is far larger than his actual importance.

Despicable little man.

Why not focus your anger on the actions rather than the person? There are too many personal insults on here and in our politics in general.....it just whisks up more anger.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leaving the EU is a fools errand that will sink the U.K and anyone who voted for it is an undemocratic thicko. Them's the facts.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Why not focus your anger on the actions rather than the person? There are too many personal comments on here and in our politics in general.....it just whisks up more anger.

Ok, fair enough.

I find his actions full of self-importance, the odious little man.

The smug grin whenever he speaks is almost laughable.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
But what about the disgracefull (sic) antics of Backdoor Boris? Assumed the premiership with no manifesto, openly saying he will ignore our democratically elected and sovereign parliament. Why are you not angry about this?

Maybe s/he doesn't quite understand it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you've signed it then or are you happy with an undemocratic prick taking liberty's as speaker of the house of commons
regards
DR

Absolutely nothing to Do with Bercows disgracefull antics, a complete remainer puppet
regards
DR

Bercow's ego is far larger than his actual importance.

Despicable little man.

The Speaker of the House of Commons is elected by MPs, so cannot be undemocratic by definition. It is the most important job in the House of Commons, so your understanding of his importance is woeful.
He makes sure MPs stick to the law, and don't commit contempt of Parliament.

You don't like him because he is doing his job well, and not kowtowing to public opinion ie. those who don't know what they're talking about.
He is a Tory, but is neutral. A previous Speaker, Betty Boothroyd has said exactly the same things as him, and she is Labour.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On the contrary Drugged Ranter, if Johnston's appointment is legal and democratic then so are Bercow's actions.

There are too many personal insults on here and in our politics in general.....it just whisks up more anger.

Hmmm ........

Jan 30, 2008
But what about the disgracefull (sic) antics of Backdoor Boris? Assumed the premiership with no manifesto, openly saying he will ignore our democratically elected and sovereign parliament. Why are you not angry about this?

He's carrying out the Referendum result put forward by the The Tories, remind me of the result of that referendum
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
The Speaker of the House of Commons is elected by MPs, so cannot be undemocratic by definition. It is the most important job in the House of Commons, so your understanding of his importance is woeful.
He makes sure MPs stick to the law, and don't commit contempt of Parliament.

You don't like him because he is doing his job well, and not kowtowing to public opinion ie. those who don't know what they're talking about.
He is a Tory, but is neutral. A previous Speaker, Betty Boothroyd has said exactly the same things as him, and she is Labour.

I wouldn't of expected anything more from you , he's the last hope for undemocratic remoaners It's all so obvious
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wouldn't HAVE expected anything more from you , he's the last hope for undemocratic remoaners It's all so obvious
regards
DR

If the cost of living rises as a result of a no-deal Brexit, everyone in Britain will be impacted. But those on benefits stand to feel the brunt of the increase.

The Bank of England has predicted that inflation will rise significantly in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

In November, the Bank’s governor Mark Carney said a no deal could lead Britain’s gross domestic product – the value of goods and services – to drop by eight per cent in 2019, which could mean unemployment rises to 7.5 per cent and inflation rises to 6.5 per cent.

However, Universal Credit and all equivalent benefits are set to remain frozen in cash terms throughout 2019, with Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd suggesting the freeze is unlikely to lift until 2020.

The combination of the benefits freeze and the inflation increase “could have a devastating impact on benefit recipients”, says Dr Craig Berry, a reader in political economy at Manchester Metropolitan University.

“As the cost of living rises rapidly… the real value of benefits falls – intensifying a problem recipients have been dealing with for several years already,” he explains.

https://inews.co.uk/news/no-deal-brexit-affect-benefits-universal-credit-consequences/

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If the cost of living rises as a result of a no-deal Brexit, everyone in Britain will be impacted. But those on benefits stand to feel the brunt of the increase.

The Bank of England has predicted that inflation will rise significantly in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

In November, the Bank’s governor Mark Carney said a no deal could lead Britain’s gross domestic product – the value of goods and services – to drop by eight per cent in 2019, which could mean unemployment rises to 7.5 per cent and inflation rises to 6.5 per cent.

However, Universal Credit and all equivalent benefits are set to remain frozen in cash terms throughout 2019, with Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd suggesting the freeze is unlikely to lift until 2020.

The combination of the benefits freeze and the inflation increase “could have a devastating impact on benefit recipients”, says Dr Craig Berry, a reader in political economy at Manchester Metropolitan University.

“As the cost of living rises rapidly… the real value of benefits falls – intensifying a problem recipients have been dealing with for several years already,” he explains.

https://inews.co.uk/news/no-deal-brexit-affect-benefits-universal-credit-consequences/

Amazes me why Jezza, a man for the people and 'for the many, not the few' didn't vote through May's deal then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Amazes me why Jezza, a man for the people and 'for the many, not the few' didn't vote through May's deal then.

What has this got to do with Corbyn? He's a weak man, I don't factor that no mark into anything to do with Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shirley he is concerned with those on benefits bearing the brunt of any leaving consequences?

Dunno, I was merely pointing out that Das Reich, the racist little c0cksucker will be in the shit when he gets his precious no-deal. Normally I genuinely feel very bad for people forced to live on benefits and the hardship they suffer but when it comes to that Nazi scumbag I wouldn't feel the least bit sad if I heard the racist little twerp had starved to death in his council flat with the gas fire on, post piling up behind the door and the Christmas decorations still up.
Have I made myself clear?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leaving the EU is a fools errand that will sink the U.K and anyone who voted for it is an undemocratic thicko. Them's the facts.

Not fair or true at all.

Not everybody who voted to Leave was thick. Some were, for sure, just as some were simply bigots or racists. Others were taking a blind swing at the status quo, with little thought or understanding of the real issues. The fact that so many didn't properly understand though is more a failing of those who failed to properly present the case for staying, and those who willfully spread misinformation, than a true reflection on the intelligence of the voters.

So, I'll not have it that all Leave voters were thick.

However, those who STILL now, think it is a good idea - well yes - absolute morons.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Dunno, I was merely pointing out that Das Reich, the racist little c0cksucker will be in the shit when he gets his precious no-deal. Normally I genuinely feel very bad for people forced to live on benefits and the hardship they suffer but when it comes to that Nazi scumbag I wouldn't feel the least bit sad if I heard the racist little twerp had starved to death in his council flat with the gas fire on, post piling up behind the door and the Christmas decorations still up.
Have I made myself clear?

Bloomin' heck, he's not on your Christmas card list is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here