Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
So the MEPs and admin workers from Britain won't get any pensions because we refuse to contribute our share. Oh well, it will cost us more in the long run looking after them in their old age.

Defensive :lolol: No, just posting facts and figures.

Labour lost seats, the Tories are losing seats all over the place and Brexit still can't get a seat. Farage has tried seven times and been beaten by a dolphin.
:lolol:
as I said tactical voting , you carry on laughing , make the most of it
regards
DR

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We don't have to pay the EU a penny
regards
DR

We do. Unless we want to end up in an international court with trading emabagos and a rotten credit rating.

Would you like to try and make a contribution on any other thread than this one ? I think your frothy mouthed interventions are putting others off giving their thoughts here.

Jan 30, 2008
We do. Unless we want to end up in an international court with trading emabagos and a rotten credit rating.

Would you like to try and make a contribution on any other thread than this one ? I think your frothy mouthed interventions are putting others off giving their thoughts here.

Let's wait and see about that then , none of your buisness where I post, far to many people becoming slightly obsessed with me i feel
Regards
DR

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Swinson makes me sick, jumping on a bandwagon, she has conveniently forgotten whilst in cahoots with the tories she helped them inflict some of the worst austerity ever seen, now she wants us to believe she and her go to party are the ones who are going to save us from the hell of leaving the european union,if by some miracle she stops brexit does Swinson really think that will be the end of it, Farage and the ERG will just wave the white flag and crawl back into their bunker? No she will end up causing even more division than we have now.

Like Clegg she is nothing but a fraud, only interested in what she can do for her swindle.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Swinson makes me sick, jumping on a bandwagon, she has conveniently forgotten whilst in cahoots with the tories she helped them inflict some of the worst austerity ever seen, now she wants us to believe she and her go to party are the ones who are going to save us from the hell of leaving the european union,if by some miracle she stops brexit does Swinson really think that will be the end of it, Farage and the ERG will just wave the white flag and crawl back into their bunker? No she will end up causing even more division than we have now.

Like Clegg she is nothing but a fraud, only interested in what she can do for herView attachment 113715

apparently she's a vocal campaigner against excessive easter egg packaging, so thats in the plus column?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Like Clegg she is nothing but a fraud, only interested in what she can do for herView attachment 113715

I'm no fan of the lib dems and I'd struggle to vote for them, but you need to see behind the voting behaviour and read a few books about the coalition. The Tories ****ed them over from day one.

After the election they were "kingmaker" but inside they were forced to trade support for Tory policies for their own as a small minority voice. The Tories were actively taking credit for anything they hated from the lib dems but the public agreed with.

One of the tragedies of our "democracy" is ideology. Politicians on both sides will quite happily sit down with those who they fundamentally disagree with, rather than those who they somewhat disagree with because they view the former as less a threat.

This leads to Labour supporters hating Blairites more than Tories, the ERG hating centre ground Tories more than Corbyn.

You'd think that the Lib Dems could form some form of coalition with Labour, but unfortunately they hate each other.

Having said that the Lib Dems around the time of the coalition did employ some dubious ambitious individuals who were basically Tories in yellow robes. I lived opposite one who would routinely conduct "business" on his mobile on the train, so everyone was clear how important he was.

If Falmer had put me off them, that finally did it. I've always viewed them as a party of opportunists. Holding my nose voting for them wouldn't be enough. I'd have to wear a gas mask.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just heard that the promise made by our new leader for full fibre broadband is virtually impossible to deliver by his deadline. There are also question marks about the plans to boost the numbers of police and Border Force manpower. We shouldn't be too harsh: these plans were only hatched a few weeks ago in the frenzy of the leadership campaign. And fair enough he hasn't shelved them.

But a bigger question arises. If he will struggle to deliver these fairly modest projects how the spaffing hell is he going to deliver the teeny weeny bit more of a more complex prize of a renegotiated Brexit deal by 31st October? After all, the odds he's given us are 1 million to 1 on that tis will be done.

Do you ever get the feeling we are being run by someone who writes policies on the back of a fag packet?

D

Deleted member 22389

Just heard that the promise made by our new leader for full fibre broadband is virtually impossible to deliver by his deadline. There are also question marks about the plans to boost the numbers of police and Border Force manpower. We shouldn't be too harsh: these plans were only hatched a few weeks ago in the frenzy of the leadership campaign. And fair enough he hasn't shelved them.

But a bigger question arises. If he will struggle to deliver these fairly modest projects how the spaffing hell is he going to deliver the teeny weeny bit more of a more complex prize of a renegotiated Brexit deal by 31st October? After all, the odds he's given us are 1 million to 1 on that tis will be done.

Do you ever get the feeling we are being run by someone who writes policies on the back of a fag packet?

It's not just BJ, every single party talks about getting everyone on fibre one day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
One of Johnson's first acts in office.

Johnson - 'I'm going to chair a daily Brexit meeting to monitor how the preparations are going for no deal'

ANO - 'But PM, you will have other duties and you will want to spend time around the EU negotiating your Good deal. I'm not sure it's possible logistically for you to chair a daily meeting'

Johnson - 'Oh what ? ....right .... erm....fine....no problem ....err.... where's Michael ?'

(Allegedly :wink:)

Gove's first job

Then, while Gove tells us it's the top priority, Johnson tells us it's a one in a million chance. The plan is coming together nicely :lolol:

I think you are seriously overestimating our new leader :)

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
apparently she's a vocal campaigner against excessive easter egg packaging, so thats in the plus column?

Thank-you for highlighting that, I was unaware. To declare an interest, I have voted Lib Dem at the last 2 European Parliamentary elections and friends of my late Mum are life long members and activists of the party and lovely, lovely people. I just think back to the last general election though where I am and their half-hearted attempt at canvassing, which was basically knocking at well heeled doors trying to get Tories to vote for them, rather than call round those in the 'badland' estates of Hastings in Hollington and Ore like Labour did, and basically have a campaign message of - 'Wah-Wah-Wah it's so unfair we're being blamed for austerity 'cos it was all the Tories fault in'it and Labour and The Tories are wheely, wheely the big bad wolf and Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May will huff and puff and blow your house in.'

In their manifesto in 2017 they even had, which no other party did, a specific policy pledge to reverse the £50+ a week cuts to WRAG ESA claimants (which the Tories alone brought in post 2015) It's just that when you're only knocking at middle class homeowners doors when you've got something like that to offer, on top of their basic campaign message above that I've already alluded to, it doesn't surprise me that they only got less than 3.5% of the vote here.

Perhaps with this Easter Egg packaging position The Lib Dems are finally learning the lessons of the past, know whats important to ordinary people and keeping it real?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You keep on telling us about the SME you run, but what the f*** has any of that to do with Brexit ?

I lived though that as well and again (unless you are suggesting we go back to it) what the f*** has any of that to do with Brexit ?

You really are all over the place. Have you been drinking ?

Sorry if stated later in thread as I've kept away from this depressive battle of ideologies but MO's main gripe seemed to come from an early post concerning People's Pension and SME's role in having to support suchlike! How dare employees expect their employers and those poor business leaders to make contributions to their income later in life when their employment becomes economically unviable due to incapacity by age or capability ? Shocking expectations for the 21st century.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Pathetic person who as you rightly say thinks he's above other people for whatever reason that might be maybe he's got an inferiority complex ?
regards
DR
Pardon?

Could you try to read through your nuggets of wisdom and adjust accordingly prior to posting, so that us, who've been educated in the English language have even a tiny chance of understanding the child like ramblings scrawled and then posted on here ?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Some informed discussion in the papers today pointing towards a no-deal Brexit even if a General Election is called after a no-confidence motion is passed when Parliament re-starts. Apparently the timetable would be very tight to have a GE before 31st October.
Therefore one possible scenario is that a Government which has lost the confidence of Parliament takes us into a no deal Brexit and on the way loses its mandate from the people (remember the 'will of the people'?).
Just what the doctor ordered: a political meltdown at more or less exactly the same time as an economic one? Makes you proud to be British, eh?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Some informed discussion in the papers today pointing towards a no-deal Brexit even if a General Election is called after a no-confidence motion is passed when Parliament re-starts. Apparently the timetable would be very tight to have a GE before 31st October.
Therefore one possible scenario is that a Government which has lost the confidence of Parliament takes us into a no deal Brexit and on the way loses its mandate from the people (remember the 'will of the people'?).
Just what the doctor ordered: a political meltdown at more or less exactly the same time as an economic one? Makes you proud to be British, eh?

I now know what is meant by 'The Westminster Bubble' and how there is no concept of what else is going on in the country. Just suppose, for a minute, that Dominic Cummings plan to claim that we are going 'no deal' whatever comes to fruition ?

1. He wants the EU to change the deal and take out the 'backstop'. The EU agrees to a third party (Britain) being responsible for defining the single market with no borders, after 40 years of defending the four freedoms, because Johnson tells them that is what he wants - REALLY ?

2. We go 'no deal'. Well obviously, we have no time to put customs in NI, so under WTO Most preferred Nation Rules, we have to give tariff free access to the Whole world and then try and negotiate trade deals with them, while they have duty free access. In return, the EU will apply the basic rate tariffs which will stop all profitable British Agricultural exports (English Beef, Welsh Lamb etc) sending those businesses down. Never mind the complete deadlock at all ports trying to export anything. (As has become obvious we would declare completely open borders for any incoming trade or people, with no tariffs or customs - demonstrably taking back control !)

I'm afraid, that whatever Cummins, Johnson and the remaining runt of 'Leave' voters on here want, there is only one real question that remains unanswered - and that is when we fudge, for the third time, what flavour do you fancy ?

fudge-mixed-isolated-white-background-46733082.jpg

But maybe (completely unlike the last two times) I'm wrong and we just need to believe more :laugh:

11398284.jpg

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I now know what is meant by 'The Westminster Bubble' and how there is no concept of what else is going on in the country. Just suppose, for a minute, that Dominic Cummings plan to claim that we are going 'no deal' whatever comes to fruition ?

1. He wants the EU to change the deal and take out the 'backstop'. The EU agrees to a third party (Britain) being responsible for defining the single market with no borders, after 40 years of defending the four freedoms, because Johnson tells them that is what he wants - REALLY ?

2. We go 'no deal'. Well obviously, we have no time to put customs in NI, so under WTO Most preferred Nation Rules, we have to give tariff free access to the Whole world and then try and negotiate trade deals with them, while they have duty free access. In return, the EU will apply the basic rate tariffs which will stop all profitable British Agricultural exports (English Beef, Welsh Lamb etc) sending those businesses down. Never mind the complete deadlock at all ports trying to export anything. (As has become obvious we would declare completely open borders for any incoming trade or people, with no tariffs or customs - demonstrably taking back control !)

I'm afraid, that whatever Cummins, Johnson and the remaining runt of 'Leave' voters on here want, there is only one real question that remains unanswered - and that is when we fudge, for the third time, what flavour do you fancy ?

View attachment 113794

But maybe (completely unlike the last two times) I'm wrong and we just need to believe more :laugh:

View attachment 113796

When there's a lunatic at the wheel, there's always a chance of being driven over the cliff!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He doesn't smoke AFAIK.

But never mind, carry on ...............................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank-you for highlighting that, I was unaware. To declare an interest, I have voted Lib Dem at the last 2 European Parliamentary elections and friends of my late Mum are life long members and activists of the party and lovely, lovely people. I just think back to the last general election though where I am and their half-hearted attempt at canvassing, which was basically knocking at well heeled doors trying to get Tories to vote for them, rather than call round those in the 'badland' estates of Hastings in Hollington and Ore like Labour did, and basically have a campaign message of - 'Wah-Wah-Wah it's so unfair we're being blamed for austerity 'cos it was all the Tories fault in'it and Labour and The Tories are wheely, wheely the big bad wolf and Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May will huff and puff and blow your house in.'

In their manifesto in 2017 they even had, which no other party did, a specific policy pledge to reverse the £50+ a week cuts to WRAG ESA claimants (which the Tories alone brought in post 2015) It's just that when you're only knocking at middle class homeowners doors when you've got something like that to offer, on top of their basic campaign message above that I've already alluded to, it doesn't surprise me that they only got less than 3.5% of the vote here.

Perhaps with this Easter Egg packaging position The Lib Dems are finally learning the lessons of the past, know whats important to ordinary people and keeping it real?

I wonder when they'll wake up to the fsct that a majority of ordinary people want to leave the EU?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here