Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jon Sopel is the BBC’s man in the States. He has written an excellent book called “If Only They Didn’t Speak English” about his time during the U.S. election in 2016. His description of people and events is very revealing.
What does it reveal?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Farage has a man walking with him to carry his hat and coat. Great he shows the elite how normal people behave. Staggered people still give him time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It isn't.

Police investigate death threats against Brexit supporters

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...igate-death-threats-against-brexit-supporters

'This time next year, you'll be swinging from a rope'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...es-chilling-death-threat-fellow-Remainer.html

Nadine Dorries: Thuggery. Abuse. Threats

https://www.conservativehome.com/pl...-brexiteers-defence-when-we-were-victims.html

Brexit voter died after brutal attack by Remain supporter in row over EU referendum

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...uropean-union-remain-manchester-a7362956.html

A BREXIT protestor was threatened with being thrown over a bridge by a Remainer in a foul-mouthed standoff.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...est-violence-remain-theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn

This is spot on.

The leave side have some equally vile people.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
No that's fine ..... I'm sure you're both comfortable using the words spastic, n1gger, mong, poofter and various other offensive words.

All of which are really funny and show I lack a sense of humour and am a snowflake.

Not as comfortable as you are it seems.

And just to clarify, you are the only person to have used those words on this thread. Well done for getting the N-word in. You must be proud.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
She doesn’t give the slightest impression that we’re ultimately heading to stay in the EU as before. The same with the bookies who still see that as unlikely. With that in mind, is the likely conclusion a customs union type exit? Will the other 27 nations allow that, when they want to discourage other members ever leaving?
That is a 'Turkey' deal.

Something that Theresa's pesky red lines ruled out long ago.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just looked at some pics from the Moron's March-didn't the Youth vote bother getting up again?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

old biddies.png

pension march.png

sweaties.png

remain youth wing.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With May’s deal doomed to failure in the Commons, would the EU allow a Norway type deal? Or not, so as to punish us and/or deter other breakaway movements?

Why do you think the EU want to punish us? The combined countries just want to agree a Withdrawal Agreement which doesn't break an International Treaty as ratified by the United Nations.
I haven't seen anything like a punishment threat, or even a hint of it, in any of the negotiations.
What I have seen is Britain wanting their cake and eating it.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Mods, can this nonsense be moved to the Brexit thread, please?
It's much easier to ignore when it is neatly contained in a wrapper that says what it is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
heard David Miliband this morning put forward a well framed case for another referendum, that the case for leaving was misleading and given what we know now about leaving we should ask the people again with new information. then went on to say the options should be accept the May deal or revoke.

asked why no deal not on the ballot he responded that parliament have already voted and rejects that. ??? im pretty sure they rejected the May deal too, while dont hear them trying to test for revoking either. is it reasonable to accept parliament's view on one option but not expect them to decide on others? another referendum is just a way of MP shirking responsibility.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why do you think the EU want to punish us? The combined countries just want to agree a Withdrawal Agreement which doesn't break an International Treaty as ratified by the United Nations.
I haven't seen anything like a punishment threat, or even a hint of it, in any of the negotiations.
What I have seen is Britain wanting their cake and eating it.

Political journalists, NOT right wing Brexiteers, have mentioned many a time that there’s been an element of punishment from parts of the EU .... along the lines of we moaned for 40 years and are now leaving. But not from the German, Greek and Dutch political classes for example.

Katya Adler was asked in a 2018 interview, still online, whether the EU was seeking to punish the UK and she replied “In a word, yes”.

The Hungarian President said some EU members, notably France want to punish the UK.

Hollande said in 2016 “There must be a threat, a risk, a price”.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm now in favour of a second referendum.

Events have shifted since the first. There may no longer be a majority in favour.

Secondly, the nation is faced with some clear choices concerning its future. Additionally, the narrow majority for leaving were probably in the dark as to how they wanted that to be worked in the first place.

I would say to those in favour of leaving that they have nothing to fear if the public still want to leave. But I'm not sure they do in the same numbers as before.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I feel I have to even things up on the protesting front.
Yesterday a huge demonstration was held by Brexiteers at Plymouth docks to disrupt the 8:30pm Brittany Ferry arrival.
A huge crowd of 8 gathered which rapidly swelled to a dozen occasionally shouted leave means leave and waved a placard at disembarking vehicles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here