Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know what happens to EU students who come to the UK to start their degrees in September, when they go home for Christmas and then try to return?

Do you think Priti Patel understands the effects of her rhetoric on anyone?

Anyone that votes Tory after this disgrace of a summer needs to give their head a wobble.

Jan 30, 2008
What on earth do you mean by 'move on, deal with it and stop living in denial'? Is your philosophical perspective really that naive?

You really are at the intuitive stage of thinking.......

Look , why don't you come clean and just admit you couldn't accept the referendum result and have gone on a crusade of doom and gloom to convince your self you're right ,stop living in Denial
Regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1163108949119426560[/tweet]

The advice that has been given is wrong. Whether or not the UK leaves without a deal EU residents still have until the end of 2020 to sort out their residency. That has already been agreed. This whole stupid debacle is bad enough without miss-information

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
For the tories to get a remain vote in a place like this, they'd need to have common decency and the ability to put people before their party.

How do you fix a puzzle like this for example:

SSI is at risk. Thousands of people are about to lose their jobs. Brexit campaigning has yet to begin. The MP for Redcar calls on govt for help. Govt blames the EU for not being able to step in. Brexit campaigning commences.

A lot of people are me angry at the EU. Lots of people have lost their jobs, it's affected the area massively. What could the tories do?

They can A) Admit the truth that it was not the EUs rules that prevented the govt intervening. They couldnt do this. They would make themselves look terrible. B) Crack on leaving the misconception in place trying to persuade a lot of angry voters to vote remain regardless of what the 'EU did to them'. It was catch 22 for David and the remain campaign.

How about this one. How does a Tory remain campaign fix this puzzle?

Residents are angry that class sizes are becoming too large, homes becoming increasingly unavailable, rent and purchase prices sky rocketing due to demand, NHS waiting times are through the roof.

Enter Farage and his racist billboards and his little dinghy channel video. He says you Madam of Boro, are suffering as a result of overcrowding , all these brown people are putting a strain on your public services. Madam's like, a canny be avin this. these brown people need to go.

Meanwhile, call me Dave by this point has presided over 6 years of austerity, decimating public services.

Remain can A) tell the truth. I Dave PM and my government are the REAL reason you're angry about all this stuff. Unfortunately I've been stingy with the coffers and avent built any 'ouses. B) Hide the truth while simultaneously trying to pursade people to vote remain regardless of of all the brown people taking all the space. Again, a catch 22 for Dave and the tories.

If it wasn't the tories in charge, or If it wasn't for austerity. Brexit wouldn't have got off the ground. Unfortunately for us all, the tories were conflicted by personal interests and had to be careful what they said about leaving due to the perception this would have on their own party and subsequent future general elections.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.
It is all Corbyns fault for not campaigning enthusiastically enough for remain.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the Tories. Obviously.

D

Deleted member 22389

[tweet]1163108949119426560[/tweet]

What an irresponsible tweet that is, not by you obviously. The answer is simple, all EU citizens need to apply for settled status. Honestly they should have done this months ago, like I did for my mum. You are issued with an official letter you can print off, then there should be no problems.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What an irresponsible tweet that is, not by you obviously. The answer is simple, all EU citizens need to apply for settled status. Honestly they should have done this months ago, like I did for my mum. You are issued with an official letter you can print off, then there should be no problems.

There has been a 30% rejection rate. If your Mum hasn't had any problems then you've been lucky. I posted a few weeks ago, that a French friend married to a British man, no children, employment, tax and NI records all intact has been told there is a problem.
The Home Office messed up the Windrush generation and are messing up the EU Settled status also.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see the 24/7 online therapy thread for the permanently depressed is continuing the downward spiral of doom and gloom predictions. You chaps really need to get out more.

Meanwhile, that proposed 'government of national unity', that can't even unify the Remain side, doesn't seem to have majority public support ...

Government%20of%20national%20unity%20support-01.png

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Look , why don't you come clean and just admit you couldn't accept the referendum result and have gone on a crusade of doom and gloom to convince your self you're right ,stop living in Denial
Regards
DR

When you start to write something on this thread you have no idea what you are going to say
When you are writing it you have no idea what you are saying
When you have finished you have no idea what you have said

... at no point in the process - before, during or after do you have clue.... and my response to your silly comment above would be too complex for your understanding anyway.

D

Deleted member 22389

There has been a 30% rejection rate. If your Mum hasn't had any problems then you've been lucky. I posted a few weeks ago, that a French friend married to a British man, no children, employment, tax and NI records all intact has been told there is a problem.
The Home Office messed up the Windrush generation and are messing up the EU Settled status also.

So you say everything is there, NI records, employment and so on, what are they saying is missing?

Jan 30, 2008
When you start to write something on this thread you have no idea what you are going to say
When you are writing it you have no idea what you are saying
When you have finished you have no idea what you have said

... at no point in the process - before, during or after do you have clue.... and my response to your silly comment above would be too complex for your understanding anyway.

If you were honest about yourself i'd cut you some slack but you're coming across time and time a gain as a pompous know it all , so sorry you haven't got it in you to accept a democratic result but there you go you can't have everything your own way in life despite what you believe :wave:
regards
DR

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
The advice that has been given is wrong. Whether or not the UK leaves without a deal EU residents still have until the end of 2020 to sort out their residency. That has already been agreed. This whole stupid debacle is bad enough without miss-information
Ahh so we're cracking down on misinformation now?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I see the 24/7 online therapy thread for the permanently depressed is continuing the downward spiral of doom and gloom predictions. You chaps really need to get out more.

Meanwhile, that proposed 'government of national unity', that can't even unify the Remain side, doesn't seem to have majority public support ...

Government%20of%20national%20unity%20support-01.png

I wouldn't support such a move for the purpose of an election. I would to stop a 'no deal' BREXIT though. It would be interesting to see the results on that. A government not to stop BREXIT but to stop the UK crashing out. It's all in the wording.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here