Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sorry for the slow reply. I hope I haven't misled.

My genes are entirely Lincolnshire. All my ancestors, back to the Vikings I guess, farmed and milled in the county. My surname and middle name are shared by Lincolnshire villages.

But my parents lived in Sussex for 25 years because of my father's job. They went 'home' on the day he retired. I was born in Brighton and live in the northern shadow of the Downs and my growing bit of the family is the only one in Sussex. I have followed the Albion all my life.

I was in Scunthorpe not long ago. My nephew, a nurse, moved to the local hospital, where his mother often works, because he could buy a nice semi-d for £120,000. The town is grim; a bit like Burnley. I don't know how he voted but the rural Lincolnshire Brexiteers I know don't seem to have specific reasons for voting as they did. There is a bit of stuff about immigrants and being independent again but it all seems pretty inchoate - you'd naturally kick the bloke from the council in the nuts if you could and smug southern Etonians and self-satisfied Europeans fall in the same category. They feel bypassed by those running the country (both parties) and the chance to give them the finger was too good to miss.

Undoubtedly, though, there are thoughtful yellow bellies around who object to the EU on the grounds of democratic accountability, etc, etc, but there don't seem to be huge numbers of them.

In conclusion: you are better of where you are now. Besides, I've never forgiven Grimsby for what happened to us there in May 2002/3. (Hope I've got the season right) I get the feeling they must have about being somewhat back of beyond; there's not many places that make Doncaster look (relatively) prosperous!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In conclusion: you are better of where you are now. Besides, I've never forgiven Grimsby for what happened to us there in May 2002/3. (Hope I've got the season right) I get the feeling they must have about being somewhat back of beyond; there's not many places that make Doncaster look (relatively) prosperous!

A draw in the final game of the 02/03 season against Grimsby and results elsewhere meant both sides went down. Bobby's last game for a while I think. Lincolnshire league football suffered an horrendous decline after that - remember Boston United? - although Lincoln City seem to be on the mend.

Jan 30, 2008
So, what will be Johnson's choices when he gets in ?

1/ Unplanned leave with 'no deal' on October 31st - So with no border or customs posts in NI, and under WTO MFN (Most Favoured Nation) rules, that means that if we have a completely open border with the EU, we then have to grant completely free movement of trade and people with the Whole world. Interesting approach that I can't see lasting beyond a few weeks at most.

2/ Plan a Leave with 'no deal' - Spend the next 3-5 years and a few £10s of Billions building Customs Posts in NI, Lorry parks at all ports, putting IT infrastructure in place, commissioning systems and processes for the 'new brave world', starting the largest recruitment and training programme in HMRC's history and beginning the WTO negotiations with USA, Russia, China, EU etc

3/ Renegotiate with the EU. The negotiating team has been disbanded and since the EU elections, a number of bodies and posts have to be filled, prior to any EU team being formed to re-negotiate the deal. These aren't due to complete until after the October 31st date. And the EU have said they won't renegotiate. And I don't know what benefits of EU membership people think they will give us this time after we leave, that they withheld from the last deal.

4/ Put TM's deal to Parliament. Well that worked well last time.

Genuine question.

Can any Leave supporter tell me an option that I have overlooked, or anything incorrect in the summary above, and if not, which one do you think we should go for ?
:shrug:

I'm not the least bit interested in your speculation it's Just a load of blah blah , a smoke screen you put up when ever you're in a pickle over leaving the EU , I guess we'll have to wait and see who the next PM is , pull the covers over your head and don't have nightmares :wave:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Which is why Johnson is the perfect choice for them. He's not going to confuse them with detail,

or facts,

or reality :facepalm:

Reality is no friend of yours is it ,only a few months ago you were saying that no deal wouldn't happen but the reality is it could ,What about that Norway style Brexit You were creaming yourself over eh ? Get over yourself you haven't got a Scooby ,by the way you bang on you'd be better off in the Brexit negotiations, you're a wasted talent imho

regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

As I have been quoted about 10 times and I have been asked in-depth questions and I don't have 2 days to answer them all I have decided to give them a broad answer.

As my respect runs deep for you guys and I know you love your little comfort zone I feel for you all but come the day we leave the EU I am sure we can all get on well together again and work to make Britain even stronger than ever and even exciting again.

#believeinbritaintogetheragain

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I have been quoted about 10 times and I have been asked in-depth questions and I don't have 2 days to answer them all I have decided to give them a broad answer.

As my respect runs deep for you guys and I know you love your little comfort zone I feel for you all but come the day we leave the EU I am sure we can all get on well together again and work to make Britain even stronger than ever and even exciting again.

So it's definitely not that you don't have the first clue what you are talking about and are incapable of coming up with any answer to any question at all :laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Leave means leave.

Just get the **** on with it and leave.

I like Boris. Let's make this country great again.

I am no fan of the present administration, but I have to say that a Conservative Government led by Jeremy Hunt, would be far more preferable than the two Marxists at the head of the Labour Party.
I sincerely hope that is a view taken by most sensible people in the country.

I agree, and that is the view of sensible people in this country.

So who is it you're backing, Johnson or Hunt ? or are you confused again ?

Maybe best if you limit yourself to the easily learned cliches :thumbsup: (Less chance of confusing yourself)

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Make this about the 11th time you've been quoted, and it *should* be for shits & giggles, but seriously.....wtf?
Is that truly the very, very best you can come up with? Not one single answer, to one single question?
I expect nothing more from the racist fairy, but surely you can't all be that feeble-minded.....can you?

D

Deleted member 2719

So it's definitely not that you don't have the first clue what you are talking about and are incapable of coming up with an answer to any question at all :laugh:

Of course, it is as the leavers are 'thick and stupid' that's just about your main argument.
Over half this country is thick so why don't you run away down the tunnel while you still can.

Meantime I have stuff to do rather than going over old ground with super-intelligent superior people such as yourself.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Of course, it is as the leavers are 'thick and stupid' that's just about your main argument.
Over half this country is thick so why don't you run away down the tunnel while you still can.

Meantime I have stuff to do rather than going over old ground with super-intelligent superior people such as yourself.

To be fair, the only attack on your intelligence (or lack of it) is coming from yourself. The questions posed do not require a 'super-intelligence', just someone who is prepared to think for a moment and put their viewpoint across.
Preferably something other than 'Leave means leave', etc.

D

Deleted member 2719

Make this about the 11th time you've been quoted, and it *should* be for shits & giggles, but seriously.....wtf?
Is that truly the very, very best you can come up with? Not one single answer, to one single question?
I expect nothing more from the racist fairy, but surely you can't all be that feeble-minded.....can you?

Yep, no offence but I am wasting too my life talking to doom-mongers. Can you imagine if all the world war heroes had the same outlook as you lot have?

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair, the only attack on your intelligence (or lack of it) is coming from yourself. The questions posed do not require a 'super-intelligence', just someone who is prepared to think for a moment and put their viewpoint across.
Preferably something other than 'Leave means leave', etc.

Believe what you want, I am off to count to 10 if I can.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yep, no offence but I am wasting too my life talking to doom-mongers. Can you imagine if all the world war heroes had the same outlook as you lot have?

What on Earth are you babbling on about? 'Doom mongers'? You really think that every Remain voter and many, many experts in their respective fields are just 'doom mongers'?

I think you'll find that it's you and others like you that are the mongers. With flags. Waving. With nothing to offer other than the usual Brexit Bingo cliches.

And what have war heroes got to do with the price of fish?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You get asked a simple question but insist you are 'too thick' to answer?

I really don't think I'm in a position of having any evidence at all to take a contrary position.

Maybe you are (by your own admission) too stupid to put an answer to any question asked of you :wave:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, what will be Johnson's choices when he gets in ?

1/ Unplanned leave with 'no deal' on October 31st - So with no border or customs posts in NI, and under WTO MFN (Most Favoured Nation) rules, that means that if we have a completely open border with the EU, we then have to grant completely free movement of trade and people with the Whole world. Interesting approach that I can't see lasting beyond a few weeks at most.

2/ Plan a Leave with 'no deal' - Spend the next 3-5 years and a few £10s of Billions building Customs Posts in NI, Lorry parks at all ports, putting IT infrastructure in place, commissioning systems and processes for the 'new brave world', starting the largest recruitment and training programme in HMRC's history and beginning the WTO negotiations with USA, Russia, China, EU etc

3/ Renegotiate with the EU. The negotiating team has been disbanded and since the EU elections, a number of bodies and posts have to be filled, prior to any EU team being formed to re-negotiate the deal. These aren't due to complete until after the October 31st date. And the EU have said they won't renegotiate. And I don't know what benefits of EU membership people think they will give us this time after we leave, that they withheld from the last deal.

4/ Put TM's deal to Parliament. Well that worked well last time.

Genuine question.

Can any Leave supporter tell me an option that I have overlooked, or anything incorrect in the summary above, and if not, which one do you think we should go for ?
:shrug:

Anyone capable of the simplest of answers to any aspect ?

Anyone at all :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What on Earth are you babbling on about? 'Doom mongers'? You really think that every Remain voter and many, many experts in their respective fields are just 'doom mongers'?

I think you'll find that it's you and others like you that are the mongers. With flags. Waving. With nothing to offer other than the usual Brexit Bingo cliches.

And what have war heroes got to do with the price of fish?

Still a bad loser then. Most childish tantrums are forgotten the next day. Yours and others on here have lasted 3yrs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here