Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

You mean you were born to believe that £350 million simplistic claptrap?
It's been outed as rubbish for a long time now Mouldy Boots; do you read?

This is from 2016 - you might find it instructive; but don't get depressed....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

That RED bus is still going to have lots of CASH on it to be spent on making the UK great again, unlike the labour lefties who will just spend it out even though we don't have it.

Labour getting into power will set the economy back decades again.

No deal will be a blip in comparison.

Pity you are so negative about Jess Phillips, Diane Abbott, and Emily Thornberry; I am sure they would love to see you in your Mr Universe Big B briefs.....

I would rather walk through a gay bar in Kemp town with a pink feather as a thong than let those cauldron of bats see me.

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is doing a good job of standing in for other Leave wind-up merchants such as PPF, 2 Profs and the late unlamented Baker Lite. Bless 'em all for brightening our lives.

The same old left stance we are all wind-ups, a nice bit of patronising to round it off to GNT.

We have a point of view, Brighton is heavily biased towards the left, so you're bound to outnumber and surround us like a pack of wolves.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That RED bus is still going to have lots of CASH on it to be spent on making the UK great again, unlike the labour lefties who will just spend it out even though we don't have it.

I would rather walk through a gay bar in Kemp town with a pink feather as a thong than let those cauldron of bats see me.

The same old left stance we are all wind-ups, a nice bit of patronising to round it off to GNT.

We have a point of view, Brighton is heavily biased towards the left, so you're bound to outnumber and surround us like a pack of wolves.

You can't spout off about Labour Ladies in underwear and then claim to be a serious poster, patronised by accusations of just being a WUM, ya bellend..

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

It's that PACK word again. Leavers seem to be terribly dramatic. This 'making the UK great again', please go on, it sounds fascinating, and why are you scared of Labour supporters seeing you? Seems somewhat 'snowflake-ish'

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The leave voters on here are all just plain weird. The latest ranter being no exception. I can only conclude that most people have seen what a mess Brexit would leave us in and it’s only the slightly tapped rabid Brexiteers left now, spouting their subnormal opinions deep within a football message board.
Odd people.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The leave voters on here are all just plain weird. The latest ranter being no exception. I can only conclude that most people have seen what a mess Brexit would leave us in and it’s only the slightly tapped rabid Brexiteers left now, spouting their subnormal opinions deep within a football message board.
Odd people.

giphy.gif

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Odd people.

There does seem to be a distinctive 'house style' with respect to some of our Leaver friends. I can't quite work it out but it's a bit like the response you'd expect Stan from 'On the Buses' would give if asked to comment on something like Brexit (no disrespect to Stan intended).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There does seem to be a distinctive 'house style' with respect to some of our Leaver friends. I can't quite work it out but it's a bit like the response you'd expect Stan from 'On the Buses' would give if asked to comment on something like Brexit (no disrespect to Stan intended).

Nice ironic touch there, since the majority of the progs were made before we joined this wonderful club.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Nice ironic touch there, since the majority of the progs were made before we joined this wonderful club.

It's a bit of a semi-serious point. Much of the Remainer rhetoric - while appearing to be future focussed (the Brave New World post Brexit) - actually has a bit of a retro vibe about it; like a 'make Britain great again' feeling. But my own confession: I am quite fond of On the Buses myself. I'm sure that there are some Remainers of a certain vintage who would quite like a return to pounds, shillings and pence, Bobby Moore captaining us to World Cup glory and the days when we actually won the Eurovision Song Contest.
(As you can see, I live in Worthing.)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Careful Mouldy Boots, you are now in danger of aping Carl Benjamin's comments - or is that what you are trying to do? You are as cavalier in writing about your sensual preferences/turn offs as you are about 'the sunny uplands' you think Brexit will yield. In both cases you have clear views, but in neither case are you likely to be held to account; you clearly enjoy exercising freedom without responsibility.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The sort of carefree, fun and smiles that existed in the likes of On the Buses before we joined this fun club. Prosperity, freedom and a sense of purpose.

Thanks for the 'cool' story bit. :thumbsup:

Well, not sure that we will be seeing any prosperity anytime soon, Freedom? Is that from stuff that doesnt affect you anyway? Sense of purpose is to what? Run the country into the ground?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I think my overriding thought is why are they even on here? If they are so confident that Brexit is the right thing to do, that it’s what the people want and that it’s going ahead, why would you come on here to argue with the losers?
It reeks of insecurity and of people simply looking for a row.
If Remain had won, I wouldn’t even bother opening this thread to read a load of whinging losers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The sort of carefree, fun and smiles that existed in the likes of On the Buses before we joined this fun club. Prosperity, freedom and a sense of purpose.

As an aside. On The Buses star Stephen Lewis (Blakey) was very different to his character. I've no idea what he thought about Brexit but Mrs Gwylan said she was at many political meetings with him and he was pretty far left.

I seem to remember that the actor who played Jack killed himself as he couldn't get much work after On The Buses ended. Maybe not such fun times after all

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think my overriding thought is why are they even on here? If they are so confident that Brexit is the right thing to do, that it’s what the people want and that it’s going ahead, why would you come on here to argue with the losers?
It reeks of insecurity and of people simply looking for a row.
If Remain had won, I wouldn’t even bother opening this thread to read a load of whinging losers.

They had Brexit in their grasp, only 28 votes short but the loons have blown it for them. A lot of soul searching now and looking for someone else to blame but themselves.

Getting onto NSC is part of their anger management. They was sold a pup, they are victims....

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
How do other expats experience Brexit? I get people, realising im from the UK, and they start smiling, and ask me why Brexit? It makes no sense to most people. The only people who think its a good idea seems to be the gullible, who were promised a load of bullshit, that has slowly evaporated over the last couple of years, and it seems that they really dont want to admit they were conned, so im guessing thats why they are on NSC whinging constantly, you know, being ATTACKED, by PACKS, in a RAGE!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They had Brexit in their grasp, only 28 votes short but the loons have blown it for them. A lot of soul searching now and looking for someone else to blame but themselves.

Getting onto NSC is part of their anger management. They was sold a pup, they are victims....

Agreed. Thin skinned projectors of bitterness and disbelief.

Best be careful though, we’ll be accused of rounding on them in a pack if more than two of us agree on something at the same time. Poor little kittens.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's a bit of a semi-serious point. Much of the Remainer rhetoric - while appearing to be future focussed (the Brave New World post Brexit) - actually has a bit of a retro vibe about it; like a 'make Britain great again' feeling. But my own confession: I am quite fond of On the Buses myself. I'm sure that there are some Remainers of a certain vintage who would quite like a return to pounds, shillings and pence, Bobby Moore captaining us to World Cup glory and the days when we actually won the Eurovision Song Contest.
(As you can see, I live in Worthing.)

I've heard all 5 of The Beatles are getting back together on Brexit Day.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48598760

Labour has tabled a cross-party motion to try to stop a future prime minister pushing through a no-deal Brexit against the wishes of MPs.
The party plans to force a vote on Wednesday which would give MPs control of the timetable on 25 June.
Labour says if the motion passes, MPs will be able to introduce legislation on that day to avoid a no-deal scenario at the end of October.
Some Tory leadership hopefuls have said they would leave the EU without a deal.
For others, the prospect is unacceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here