Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Go on then, I'll ask a naive question, and please don't assume anything about my politics from this question - I don't like any of the parties in their current incarnation.

When Mr Corbyn says he'd do ANYTHING to avoid a no-deal Brexit, I presume he means he'd do anything APART from vote for the deal already agreed with the EU? Seems a very limited definition of "anything".

TBH I don't take Mr Corbyn's position on anything particularly seriously. His main priority appears to be for Brexit to happen but for someone else to get blamed for it. A tactic which doesn't seem like it has a remote chance of working.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No we're not feeble, we'll do what we've always done, roll up our sleeves and get on with it.

There you are; the Brexit mantra of just believe enough and it will be wonderful.
Maybe if I put my red shoes on, click my heels and keep saying There's no place like home', it will all be ok.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It will, but not by anything like as much as the UK will be. The EU has a thriving internal market which is the largest single market on Earth (larger than the US and China in terms of GDP), there is nothing it will lose out from that the UK makes that it can't pick up the slack from elsewhere. A few of their suppliers may well struggle, but the concerned Governments (notably the French, German & Dutch) have already put in place measures to protect them. Ireland is likely to suffer the most but again the EU has moved to protect Irish interests, and new freight routes have already opened between Ireland and France / Spain to cater for the loss of routes through the UK.

By contrast, the UK can't even get it's post-Brexit passports sorted out, and has no idea how it's going to get it's hands on life-saving medication post-Brexit.

:facepalm: You were doing alright up till then.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[/U][/B]

That's because it is the truth! We will not be able to access isotpes for cancer treatement because no deal takes us out of Eurtom.
90% of our insulin comes from Denmark and has a limited shelf life.

Hauliers are telling us that even a two minute delay per lorry will cause 2 or 3 days delay at ports.

Jan 30, 2008
There you are; the Brexit mantra of just believe enough and it will be wonderful.
Maybe if I put my red shoes on, click my heels and keep saying There's no place like home', it will all be ok.
I'm surprised you're still in the UK if it's that bad deary me and you served in the forces?? .....

We're dooooooooooomed
Regards
DR

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[/U][/B]

Both are true. The passport production is currently on hold as they're being made in France and the Government haven't yet figured out how to import them post-Brexit. Meanwhile the civil service have drawn up a list of items which will be hard to import post-Brexit, of which life-saving medication is top of the list (followed by radioactive isotopes for cancer treatment, nuclear power plant parts and fresh food). The solution? Chris Grayling's ferry contracts have been revived.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Go on then, I'll ask a naive question, and please don't assume anything about my politics from this question - I don't like any of the parties in their current incarnation.

When Mr Corbyn says he'd do ANYTHING to avoid a no-deal Brexit, I presume he means he'd do anything APART from vote for the deal already agreed with the EU? Seems a very limited definition of "anything".

You're right. He should have said "apart from turning the UK into a vassal state' after the word 'anything'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm surprised you're still in the UK if it's that bad deary me and you served in the forces?? .....

We're dooooooooooomed

Why should I leave? My family are here, I love my home, my football club and my country.

I don't want to see any of them go down the pan.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Both are true. The passport production is currently on hold as they're being made in France and the Government haven't yet figured out how to import them post-Brexit. Meanwhile the civil service have drawn up a list of items which will be hard to import post-Brexit, of which life-saving medication is top of the list (followed by radioactive isotopes for cancer treatment, nuclear power plant parts and fresh food). The solution? Chris Grayling's ferry contracts have been revived.

I think there is genuine denial amongst the brexiteers on here. They simply cannot face up to what they have done and the very real disaster they have brought about with their pig-headedness and gullibility. A kind of mass denial. Their own psyches protecting them from the reality of what they have perpetrated*.

*a polite way of saying they are feeble-minded, jelly spined, bootless, twerps who cannot take responsibility for their actions.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Stop moaning and get on with it, that's what it means.

Get on with what? As we have no idea what sort of 'leave' is coming...STILL... after over 2 years, get on with what? Stockpiling food? Medicines? or will that be ok after all?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here