Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are where we are now. We could have been gone, and be well and truly over the hills by now with the May deal. Since that was repeatedly kicked into touch by our learned Parliament and Speaker, we are left with Plan B.

Using the blame game doesn't help anyone. Our Parliament is sovereign, not the government.
Government can only govern with the permission of Parliament.
The Speaker is there to make sure that parliamentary procedure is legal, and has no vote.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
And look what the idiots do when they do get given a vote; Vote to destroy the UK by leaving the EU and vote in The Brexit company to get paid to not turn up and represent the interests of the UK.

I voted Green in the Euros but Labour would get my vote at the next GE.

How these con-men have been in charge for 9 years is beyond me.

Well actually, only 2 of those years were actually overall majorities. The other 7 years have been bought through lib dem and DUP.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.

And one of the issues was because we paid rather a lot of money into the joint account which she used a large chunk of to go out with her friends. Problem being that some of them were poorer than us so she paid for their meals.

That analogy doesn't work at all. It isn't adultery with 27 others.

The 27 others are the family, so by walking out we are leaving the greater family.

We also received payouts for some of our poorer areas such as Wales and Cornwall. We helped out countries like Portugal with a loan, which has been repaid in full.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You seem to be saying the Leave Campaign was a waste of money and everyone that voted Leave was always going to, I think it might be you that has a problem getting his head around facts.

Pathetic! I don't 'seem' to be saying the leave campaign was a waste of money (though undoubtedly large sums of money were wasted by both sides) because I didn't. I stated the simple fact (unfathomable to remainers) that 17 million people didn't suddenly vote leave because of the leave campaign. Many were always going to vote leave anyway (as were many with blind faith in the EU who were always going to vote remain, regardless of how arrogantly over-confident the remain campaign was).

Here, have one of these:
https://www.nisbets.co.uk/fiesta-gr..._63901012986_321523756681_pla-603336430732_c_

:)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Pathetic! I don't 'seem' to be saying the leave campaign was a waste of money (though undoubtedly large sums of money were wasted by both sides) because I didn't. I stated the simple fact (unfathomable to remainers) that 17 million people didn't suddenly vote leave because of the leave campaign. Many were always going to vote leave anyway (as were many with blind faith in the EU who were always going to vote remain, regardless of how arrogantly over-confident the remain campaign was).

Here, have one of these:
https://www.nisbets.co.uk/fiesta-gr..._63901012986_321523756681_pla-603336430732_c_

What we'll never know (it's unknowable) is how many of them knew quite what 'leave' was going to entail and that if they had would they have voted differently. Many of us think that the answers are 'no' and 'yes'.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
LIDL
Have announced that all suppliers are libel for all duties, tax and costs. This is in the small print of all contracts. So if Lidl are now paying £1 incl VAT for an item sent from UK to France now but after Brexit there is a 20% duty then the supplier must pay. Presuming the supplier is only making 10% profit then they cant pay the duty and so don't supply. At that point Lidl will sue and the small supplier goes bust.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
LIDL
Have announced that all suppliers are libel for all duties, tax and costs. This is in the small print of all contracts. So if Lidl are now paying £1 incl VAT for an item sent from UK to France now but after Brexit there is a 20% duty then the supplier must pay. Presuming the supplier is only making 10% profit then they cant pay the duty and so don't supply. At that point Lidl will sue and the small supplier goes bust.

It's OK! There won't be much food to supply anyway!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
17 million people didn't suddenly vote leave because of the leave campaign.

Of course they didn't, but they were all lied to. There's no doubt, in my mind at least, they enough of them voted Leave because the Leave campaign repeatedly stated that we would leave with a deal, and that it would be an easy negotiation. Nobody voted to be poorer, yet here we are and people are already poorer having not even left yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
LIDL

Surely no supplier is signing contracts like that since the vote?

D

Deleted member 22389

I voted Green in the Euros but Labour would get my vote at the next GE.

How these con-men have been in charge for 9 years is beyond me.

Well actually, only 2 of those years were actually overall majorities. The other 7 years have been bought through lib dem and DUP.

Did you vote for Labour and Tony Blair back in 1997, I did. What a bad mistake that was. I would never vote for Labour again.
As you grow older you realise, it doesn't matter what party you vote for they all end up going the same way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
LIDL

NVM, all the people who lose their jobs can take one of the jobs at those new places the Jefferson group like to crow about, with their "15 people getting jobs in Clacton to shout obscenities at chickens" and the like.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
LIDL

question is, how much do Lidl supply France operations from UK?

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
fullsizeoutput_e35.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Here, have one of these:

Why do you assume that Remainers had blind faith in the EU?

Some of us (in fact, I think many of us) were well aware of the faults in the EU, but consider it is better to reform from within, as like our government, it is constantly evolving.
If anything, as far as I'm concerned, being in the EU, where there are alliances, such as the Greens across Europe, was a balance against the flaws in our own government.

Wherever there are humans running an institution, there are going to be flaws.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you vote for Labour and Tony Blair back in 1997, I did. What a bad mistake that was. I would never vote for Labour again.
As you grow older you realise, it doesn't matter what party you vote for they all end up going the same way.

Do you not vote at all now?

Jan 30, 2008

Some of us (in fact, I think many of us) were well aware of the faults in the EU, but consider it is better to reform from within, as like our government, it is constantly evolving.
If anything, as far as I'm concerned, being in the EU, where there are alliances, such as the Greens across Europe, was a balance against the flaws in our own government.

# Deluded
Regards
DR

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If anything, as far as I'm concerned, being in the EU, where there are alliances, such as the Greens across Europe, were a balance against the flaws in our own government.

My sentiments entirely.

I've been a convinced European for about 50 years, since before we had the first referendum in 1974.

And If we had taken it all seriously, we would be one of the leading lights in it all rather than the pathetic snivelling mess we are now.

For the idiots who would call remainers "Traitors", My confidence in this country and the respect it used to command would have had us leading Europe by the nose.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My sentiments entirely.

I've been a convinced European for about 50 years, since before we had the first referendum in 1974.

And If we had taken it all seriously, we would be one of the leading lights in it all rather than the pathetic snivelling mess we are now.

For the idiots who would call remainers "Traitors", My confidence in this country and the respect it used to command would have had us leading Europe by the nose.

Many of the policies were introduced by the UK, including Article 50 which was written by Lord Kerr.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1163387595872702464[/TWEET]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course they didn't, but they were all lied to. There's no doubt, in my mind at least, they enough of them voted Leave because the Leave campaign repeatedly stated that we would leave with a deal, and that it would be an easy negotiation. Nobody voted to be poorer, yet here we are and people are already poorer having not even left yet.

[tweet]1163328767240081408[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here