Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Please, America is still the biggest economy in the world, we should be blowing Trump off if that’s what’s needed to do business because that’s what everyone else is prepared to do. We are NOT isolating ourselves, we are making ourselves more open to trade with the rest of the world on more favourable terms than ever before. Europe is an important market but it’s shrinking and by no means the bee all. And - this will mess with your head I know - we will STILL be trading with them post Brexit. FFS, it’s not a declaration of war. We are leaving a union. We will still be friends. Still neighbours. Still looking out for each other (if we ever did). If anything’s frightening it’s the oxygen you’re wasting telling a pack of lies every day. Use it more purposefully, I don’t know, go pick up some rubbish or something.

We are isolating ourselves. Canada spent seven years negotiating terms with the EU, and all is well.
We want to leave the EU and make a deal with Canada.
Canada despite being part of the Commonwealth and a close ally in NATO, has said, no we will not roll over the trade terms with you.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-trade-chief-liam-fox-17375104

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only because people like you don't listen a bit like MP's with their constituents , you're all of the same ilk

I value my country and my family too much to see it go down the pan with some Brexit fantasy false promises.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I`m surprised at that view ,i thought they would vote on what was in TM`s deal and that includes Lib Dem`s and others and what form of Brexit they wanted .If they vote against the Government for the sake of it can`t see how anything will be agreed .

Even after Theresa's decision to have a general election, the government had enough of a majority with the DUP to get her deal through. You can blame hthe ERG members in the Tory part for voting against it, for us not leaving the EU on 29th March. These are the disaster MPs who want a No deal Brexit because they will make money from it. Rees-Mogg's father wrote a book about it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How do you know they're false promises? you don't value this country you wouldn't have voted remain # taking back control

You have absolutely no ideas about my values and opinions, and even if I explained it, you couldn't or wouldn't understand it.

Just one little clue - we've never lost control.

Jan 30, 2008
You have absolutely no ideas about my values and opinions, and even if I explained it, you couldn't or wouldn't understand it.

Just one little clue - we've never lost control.

Of course not ,freedom of moment
was never a loss of control ,one of the main reasons the country voted to leave , best keep the covers over your head I think
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How do you know they're false promises? you don't value this country you wouldn't have voted remain # taking back control
regards
DR

TB served this country you silly little man. What the heck have you ever done except live off the taxpayers grace?
Think before you put your grubby little fingers on the keyboard, you bootless slug.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Even after Theresa's decision to have a general election, the government had enough of a majority with the DUP to get her deal through. You can blame hthe ERG members in the Tory part for voting against it, for us not leaving the EU on 29th March. These are the disaster MPs who want a No deal Brexit because they will make money from it. Rees-Mogg's father wrote a book about it.

I did some sums and when you change the Rebel Torys to vote for TM`s deal it would have balanced out 6 against first deal ,second one was only 1 against and 10 on the third one ,so the 2nd vote was very close ,you only needed 2 Labour or others for TM`s deal to go through . Yes if the Tory Rebels had voted with the Government there would not be a collapse of the TM deals ,but you could say the same for other Parties who have there own agenda which might be to Remain ,so in other words just as much blame for a possible no deal .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Of course not ,freedom of moment
was never a loss of control ,one of the main reasons the country voted to leave , best keep the covers over your head I think

Keep the covers over my head? How silly. I'm not afraid of freedom of movement, especially when the EU has in place a system for ensuring that migrants have a job within three months and health insurance.
Just a shame our own government fell down on exit checks (Blair)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
TB served this country you silly little man. What the heck have you ever done except live off the taxpayers grace?
Think before you put your grubby little fingers on the keyboard, you bootless slug.

Please don't insult other people on my behalf. I'm very capable of standing up for myself, and insulting the leavers doesn't help.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I did some sums and when you change the Rebel Torys to vote for TM`s deal it would have balanced out 6 against first deal ,second one was only 1 against and 10 on the third one ,so the 2nd vote was very close ,you only needed 2 Labour or others for TM`s deal to go through . Yes if the Tory Rebels had voted with the Government there would not be a collapse of the TM deals ,but you could say the same for other Parties who have there own agenda which might be to Remain ,so in other words just as much blame for a possible no deal .

You could say the same but the reality is, the ERG members shot Theresa May in the foot. The last four Tory Prime Ministers have all floundered on the European question.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

As [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] said in post #90351, you cant blame the opposition parties for Brexit not happening yet because they didn't vote in line with the Government. They have their own ideas of what Brexit should look like, as outlined in their respective manifestos.

The blame for the current situation lies solely at the foot of the Tory party and no one else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here