Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Luck doesn't come into it. Our government decided to keep the pound instead of joining the euro currency. A decision made by our government. It's called sovereignty over our own affairs. We weren't forced by Brussels or Strasbourg, which would have happened in your Soviet bloc comparison.
We already have control so silly soundbites like Take Back Control are meaningless.

We might have a Soviet style government if Corbyn gets in ,at leave we will all be equal,

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Read the links they give some examples and they quote statements saying although difficult the EU will find operational solutions while maintaining an open border.

Are the EU lying?

The EU and the Irish are suddenly finding alternatives which rather undermines that Harder border or Customs union choice.

15 Minutes ago you said they are finding alternatives. When you are asked to explain what 'these alternatives' are, you've changed that to will find alternatives, even though they haven't been able to in the last 3 years :facepalm:

So which leave do you want, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you think we are lucky here in the UK to not use the Euro currency seeing it was one of their ideas ? .And it is it true that a lot of countries in Europe are going into Recession including Germany ,they are not complex questions should be easy to answer .

You think we should leave because Germany is going into recession? I know some readers think you are comedy gold, but I think you are a moron, so I'm putting you on ignore.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
15 Minutes ago you said they are finding alternatives. Now you've changed that to will find alternatives, even though they haven't been able to in the last 3 years :facepalm:

So which leave do you want, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

The EU/Irish are finding alternatives see the links and they believe they can find operational solutions to keep the border open. Are the EU/Irish lying?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd put you on ignore, but then again I do like a laugh.

You must have a soft spot for the likes of Freddy 'Parrot Face' Davies and Mike and Bernie Winters, then. :shrug::cheers:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Read the links they give some examples and they quote statements saying although difficult the EU will find operational solutions while maintaining an open border.

Are the EU lying?

I getcha - a bit like Daniel Day Lewis to Madeleine Stowe in 'Last of The Mohicans' - "I will find you! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you!"

She didn't look convinced either.

Simon Coveney let the cat out of the bag a while back - it's a hot potato best kept under wraps and it's just a question of whether it's Fine Gael or Fianna Fail who receive the political hospital pass of having to try to deal and enforce a 310 mile border with 208 crossings in a no deal situation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like Clapham Gull I was a reluctant Remainer with many concerns about the Union; but as a member we requested and were granted several opt-outs which I personally endorsed.
However, there is a world of difference between being in the Union exposing and challenging its deficiencies and having 'third-country' status wherein in many ways we will be competing against the European Union. As I am sure we will learn to our cost......

We will be worse off and unable to change a fundamentally good but flawed Union arrangement.

'Reluctant remainer'. Yes, that sums me up too. And, offensive it was, after the vote to be mocked as a 'communist remoaner traitor who can't face up to being a loser' (etc) by one or two jubilant cretins on NSC. And who's laughing now, eh? ??? (Nobody. Nobody is laughing, except possibly the deluded who still think hard Brexit is just one flick of Boris' quiff away).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Reluctant remainer'. Yes, that sums me up too. And, offensive it was, after the vote to be mocked as a 'communist remoaner traitor who can't face up to being a loser' (etc) by one or two jubilant cretins on NSC. And who's laughing now, eh? ??? (Nobody. Nobody is laughing, except possibly the deluded who still think hard Brexit is just one flick of Boris' quiff away).

The fact that a No Deal Brexit has been avoided twice, and it is the Hard Brexiters who were voting against May's deal, tells you all you need to know. Leavers can blame everyone, Remainers, Europe, Merkel, Macron, MPs, Parliament, the Civil Service and even the Queen, but the fact is, there is no easy solution to any of it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry new to this thread could someone summarise the last 8518 pages for me please?

L : We have won, we're on our way, Leave means Leave

R: You just need to decide which type of leave you want, Customs Union or hard Border

L: The man on the vote leave campaign didn't say that

R: That's because he lied

L: I don't care, we are on our way

R: But you won't be 'on your way' until you decide whether you want a Customs Union or hard Border

L: Bloody Remainers trying to stop what we voted for

R: The Remainers aren't the problem. It is the government that haven't been told whether you want a Customs Union or hard Border

L: Bloody Government trying to stop what we voted for

R: 'Leave' as a concept isn't implementable, you have to decide whether you want a Customs Union or hard Border

L: You think we're all bloody thick

R: I don't think you're thick, but you do need to make this decision if you want to leave

L: We'll give NI back to the Irish, or make NI independent, then we don't have to make that decision

R: NI has never been part of Ireland and NI don't want independence, you still need to make the decision

L: Well the EU and Ireland will come up with a solution

R: And what solution is this that they have been unable to come up with for the last 3 years (hence the backstop etc)

L: I don't know, but they said they don't want a hard border

R: Nobody wants a hard border, but the only alternative is a customs Union

L: You think we're all bloody thick

R: I really don't, even though you are making a very persuasive case

Repeat Ad infinitum :rolleyes:

(Real names have been removed in order to protect the naive)

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I getcha - a bit like Daniel Day Lewis to Madeleine Stowe in 'Last of The Mohicans' - "I will find you! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you!"

She didn't look convinced either.

Simon Coveney let the cat out of the bag a while back - it's a hot potato best kept under wraps and it's just a question of whether it's Fine Gael or Fianna Fail who receive the political hospital pass of having to try to deal and enforce a 310 mile border with 208 crossings in a no deal situation.

Amazing what a bit of deadline pressure can do to long-standing negotiating positions. As no deal looks far less likely now the 'opertional solutions' should be less challenging once a new trade arrangement has been finalised.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Poor old Wz .... has someone burst your balloon? :tantrum::lolol:

Are the EU lying?

So, after 3 years, you openly admit that you still have no idea what this mysterious 'third option' could be, but think somebody, somewhere will come up with something that they haven't thought of in the last 3 years. I remember when that was the fallback position of some of the more 'challenged' leave posters on here.

That's what you've been reduced to.

And to think that you used to be one of the more erudite leave posters on here. Where did it all go wrong :down:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So, after 3 years, you still have no idea what this mysterious 'third option' could be, but think somebody, somewhere will come up with something. That was always the fallback position of some of the more 'challenged' leave posters.

That's what you've been reduced to.

And to think that you used to be one of the more erudite leave posters on here. Where did it all go wrong :down:

Amusing to see someone who complains that people can't answer a question refuse to answer a question. You asked for examples the links provided some and the EU said although difficult they would find opertional solutions to keep the border open and that's in a worst case no deal scenario with maximum disruption.

Are they lying?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Poor old Watford-zero answers.Being pressed a bit now to actually answer any question he has been asked since 2016,and failing miserably.Perhaps he could ask his 'contact' if he knows what these are?

customs seal.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Amusing to see someone who complains that people can't answer a question refuse to answer a question. You asked for examples the links provided some and the EU said although difficult they would find opertional solutions to keep the border open and that's in a worst case no deal scenario with maximum disruption.

Are they lying?

You really do struggle to understand politicians and politics, don't you.

When they find this mythical 'third option' that has obviously been in hiding for the last 3 years, I will gladly add it to my question. Just publish it and 'mention' me in the post and I'll happily add it. Unfortunately in the meantime, I think adding a third option of 'No idea whatsoever but it resolves everything' would probably just attract some quite justifiable ridicule, so I'll stick with

Customs Union or Hard Border ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here