Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Quite right too. The BNP may be many things, but being a British nationalist party leads to hazard a guess they're probably not too keen on breaking up the union.

A Google search reveals there was actually a petition from 2016 after the Brexit vote calling for English independence, but it only got about 2500 signatures.

There does appear to be a political party dedicated to the cause already in existence - https://www.englishdemocrats.party/about
Haha, I was meaning BNP as an example more in the sense of Nationalistic racists rather than nationalistic in the way I consider I am.

English nationalism is small time, but everything big tends to start as something small.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Move over Mark Francois we have a new winner for the most inflammatory, stupid statements made by an MP ... :facepalm:

A second referendum campaign would be such fun .... :shootself

Now look here sunshine!

Mark Francois is commonly identified as the thickest member of Parliament. It is a fact he acknowledges himself and wears as a badge of honour; he is very much the HB&B of the House of Commons. So, logically, no one can utter a more stupid sentence than this whirly eyed loon.

Secondly, you’ll be on your knees weeping, dribbling and whining incoherently whilst begging for a confirmatory vote (no deal on the ballot paper) when you see how soft the Brexit you so dearly love is about to turn!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now look here sunshine!

Mark Francois is commonly identified as the thickest member of Parliament. It is a fact he acknowledges himself and wears as a badge of honour; he is very much the HB&B of the House of Commons. So, logically, no one can utter a more stupid sentence than this whirly eyed loon.

Secondly, you’ll be on your knees weeping, dribbling and whining incoherently whilst begging for a confirmatory vote (no deal on the ballot paper) when you see how soft the Brexit you so dearly love is about to turn!
The shit Brexit that you delight in, may well happen but the result of that is likely to harm politics for a generation. It is also likely that very soft Brexit will take any possible advantage from leaving at all as we will be more beholden than we are currently. I would prefer to remain is that were the option.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Move over Mark Francois we have a new winner for the most inflammatory, stupid statements made by an MP ... :facepalm:

A second referendum campaign would be such fun .... :shootself

There is a tragic irony in David Lammy's comments here.

What characterized the Nazis was stirring hatred towards a group of people and accusing them of degeneracy, in the case of the Nazis it was the Jewish people.

Well I've never heard a member of the ERG whip up hatred towards a group of people, or accuse them of degeneracy, all I've heard them do is advocate leaving the EU and becoming an independant country.

I think comparisons with the Nazis are ridiculous and I don't feel like throwing the accusation back at him, but the sad fact is that David Lammy's behavior here is more comparable to the behavior of the Nazis than anything any member of the ERG have ever done.

What an idiot.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So you think that the Irish in the UK and the Scots and presumably the Welsh, have a right to self determination.

Why are the English not afforded that right? If we were talking about gender equality or LGBT rights, I wonder if you would feel the same.
You've excelled yourself there, linking LGBT rights with self determination whilst completely confusing it with nationalism.

Interesting attempt to appear "politically correct" but you are fooling no-one on here.

You are NSC's Mark Francois.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The shit Brexit that you delight in

I don’t delight in any Brexit - every version is shit and has seen us become the laughing stock of the world. The Brexit crisis has now surpassed the Suez Crisis in terms of international embarrassment. The whole thing is an utter utter scandal that will haunt the Tory party for decades and decades.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Now look here sunshine!

He may well be (stiff competition) but that makes Lammy's comments even more shameful ... being supposedly more intelligent he should know better!

As the whole point of a 'Peoples Vote'/ 'confirmatory' vote ... second EU referendum is to make sure the losing side gets the right answer this time I doubt 'no deal' would be an option. More like Soft Brexit v Remain to really stack the deck. If it was No deal v Remain theres a very real chance no deal would win which is why they won't let it happen.

No matter the result a second referendum would be horrendous .... much, much worse than the first campaign, deepening divisions and poisoning our political system for generations so no I won't be on my knees weeping, dribbling and whining incoherently begging for one. I leave that to the undemocratic loons.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You've excelled yourself there, linking LGBT rights with self determination whilst completely confusing it with nationalism.

Interesting attempt to appear "politically correct" but you are fooling no-one on here.

You are NSC's Mark Francois.

Not really. Equality is equality. One group of people should not have a 'more equal' right than another. Or do you disagree? Do you think straight people should have greater rights than LGBT people? Do you think Scots should have greater rights than English people?

Edit: what are you on about 'attempt to appear politically correct' what do you mean by that? I am not attempting anything. I am not particularly politically correct nor particularly the other way imo. I am simply highlighting equality/inequality.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He may well be (stiff competition) but that makes Lammy's comments even more shameful ... being supposedly more intelligent he should know better!

As the whole point of a 'Peoples Vote'/ 'confirmatory' vote ... second EU referendum is to make sure the losing side gets the right answer this time I doubt 'no deal' would be an option. More like Soft Brexit v Remain to really stack the deck. If it was No deal v Remain theres a very real chance no deal would win which is why they won't let it happen.

No matter the result a second referendum would be horrendous .... much, much worse than the first campaign, deepening divisions and poisoning our political system for generations so no I won't be on my knees weeping, dribbling and whining incoherently begging for one. I leave that to the undemocratic loons.

So is this you finally coming out after 3 years and deciding that what you want is 'no deal' and not customs union?

After you being unable to make that decision for 3 years I feel quite emotional knowing that I've helped you come to a decision.

It must come as a great relief to finally actually decide what it is you voted for :)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Not just David Lammy, looks like Lord Heseltine's at it as well - The Guido Fawkes Brexit backing oddball site and Daily Telegraph reading community are going to be even more outraged.

[tweet]1117504678273662978[/tweet]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not really. Equality is equality. One group of people should not have a 'more equal' right than another. Or do you disagree? Do you think straight people should have greater rights than LGBT people? Do you think Scots should have greater rights than English people?

Edit: what are you on about 'attempt to appear politically correct' what do you mean by that? I am not attempting anything. I am not particularly politically correct nor particularly the other way imo. I am simply highlighting equality/inequality.
Keep digging. Quite how anyone could equate LGBT rights with the right to leave the EU is beyond everyone except you.

The leavers of NSC political manifesto so far.

1) Leavers are actually the new suffragettes.

2) Northern Ireland (yes Northern Ireland) should be given independence.

Genius !!

And when it joins the EU that's the border sorted.

3) The EU is bit like the old Communist Bloc and a bit like the Roman Empire. It will eventually collapse due a huge volcano eruption or the re-release of Scorpions "Winds of Change" (whichever come first).

4) Everything has been validated by some people I know who went to University.

Last edited:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Less than a third of the UK population. The same problem we have with general elections, except importantly you can always vote a government out. Even Thatcher thought referendum were a really really rubbish idea.

Not thick, but as a nation we are uniquely ignorant about both the workings of the EU and our own parliament and I include myself in that.

Much hilarity here that brexiteers are using the same arguments against our parliament that they did against the EU. So much for "taking back control".

You are seemingly an expert on the failings of the EU, but wouldn't you start on our system first ? Or is that next ?

What are your views on the un-elected House of Lords, the fixed term Parliament Act or the powers of the Privy Council ? Is first past the post working for you ? It appears to be delivering the same kind of Governments that everyone warned us PR would deliver.

That's political campaigning for you, but admit you are not stupid enough to understand where the biggest whoppers came from. It continues even after the referendum.

Rees Mogg has only just deleted a tweet of a Sun article regarding tariffs that they had to publish an apology for. Months and months later.

He still has a graphic of a graph suggesting that "most people" in the UK want "no deal". The same bullshit that Boris Johnson wrote in his Telegraph column which they will now have to publish an apology for after today's ruling. The same bullshit the Bernard Jenkin was still spouting last night on the news.

You have absolutely no idea what you wanted and neither do the politicians you supported. Even the ERG is split down the middle.

As a "reluctant remainder", I decided not to really engage with "the question", because I agree with Thatcher on one thing and one thing only. The subject of Europe is far too complex to be put to a simple in/out referendum.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you are stupid, but I believe you have been "played", led to believe that the UKs relationship with Europe could be decided like X-Factor.

It happens. A moron is the President of the USA and a dog won Britain's Got Talent.

With all your pontificating how did you conclude Lady Seagull was an expert on the failings of the EU with her small amount of comments ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Keep digging. Quite how anyone could equate LGBT rights with the right to leave the EU is beyond everyone except you.

The leavers of NSC political manifesto so far.

1) Leavers are actually the new suffragettes.

2) Northern Ireland (yes Northern Ireland) should be given independence.

Genius !!

And when it joins the EU that's the border sorted.

3) The EU is bit like the old Communist Bloc and a bit like the Roman Empire. It eventually collapse due a huge volcano eruption or the re-release of Scorpions "Winds of Change" (whichever come first).

4) Everything has been validated by some people I know who went to University.

Absolute nonsense. I am NOT saying the two are the same thing at all. But that there should be no discrimination between various groups of people. Do you think that discrimination between nations is acceptable? You don't seem to want to answer that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Let Britain decide, looney undemocratic hard right (and perhaps a bit anti immigrant) extremists also invited to vote

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolute nonsense. I am NOT saying the two are the same thing at all. But that there should be no discrimination between various groups of people. Do you think that discrimination between nations is acceptable? You don't seem to want to answer that.

Are you now claiming the English are discriminated against ?

That's an interesting one. If so it probably requires some form of "Defence League".

Maybe you should start one.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
That does not make sense referendum was 2016 , reports of Europe going into recession are recent . I am just pointing out that things might not be great in EU economies because of being in the EU but of coarse this might not be true just information thats on TV or in some Newspapers.

I'm sorry but that is absolutely woeful. :facepalm: Your literacy level is an absolute embarrassment.

Ignore list.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here