Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To which I would say it is a very different question that is being asked now. Nobody had any idea what it really meant before, now they do. So ask it again, if Leave wins then there can be no further argument.

Although what would probably happen is Remain would win 52/48 and then we really would be back to square one again.

This, with bells on.

I really don’t understand why Brexiteers struggle with this concept.

Equally, I fail to understand the convenient narrative trotted out that this is “the overwhelming will of the people.” It’s not, and the government should have made this clear from day 1 without letting the ERG types railroad the way forward.

And that is why May will go down as the worst prime minister in history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These look to be the options;

[TWEET]1109077848210456576[/TWEET]

Deal
Deal + Customs Union
Deal + Single Market + Customs Union
Second Referendum
Revoke Article 50
FTA (the Canada option)
No Deal

Time for a new thread poll? Think we've sussed the Theresa May question by now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I bet he had fun setting up the distinct 33,000 different email addresses, and clicking the confirmation links in the 33,000 emails he received.

Still, each to their own, I guess.

Not forgetting at least 20K different postcodes.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't see how that would be fair - Remain would win that with a landslide. I don't think most Leavers really want a No Deal, or at least a large proportion of them don't, anyway.

But what makes you say that?

Apparently, all leave voters knew EXACTLY what they were voting for.

So how do we find out what they ACTUALLY want?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But what makes you say that?

Apparently, all leave voters knew EXACTLY what they were voting for.

So how do we find out what they ACTUALLY want?

:lolol:

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

WE COPED BEFORE WHEN WE STOOD ALONE IN THE WAR DIDN'T WE?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1109086108426690561[/TWEET]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Deal
Deal + Customs Union
Second Referendum
Revoke Article 50
FTA (the Canada option)
No Deal
Excellent, a whole host of options for us, and still a whole week left to sort it out.

Humble pie for all those here who dared criticise our government.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Deal
Deal + Customs Union
Second Referendum
Revoke Article 50
FTA (the Canada option)
No Deal

Any future arrangement will require a withdrawal agreement, almost certainly the same one on offer from the EU now (which contains a customs union). So Parliament may as well vote for the withdrawal agreement next week, then set about deciding upon the long term future relationship through indicative votes if that is what they want to do. But they won't.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I get hacked off with the way people denigrate younger generations.

This young woman sums up the cause of it all

https://www.indy100.com/article/bre...ar-old-tory-party-leave-eu-deal-watch-8834711

She's 16 and is able to articulate it live on TV better than any adult.

We are having circular discussions, the nation is throwing money at no deal "solutions", people are at each others throats and it's because the Conservatives were scared of UKIP.

We aren't in a better place now and if we leave we won't be for a very long time.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ESB is in the Republic.

They also supply to the mainland. ESB Energy, Tricor Suite, 4th Floor, 50 Mark Lane, London EC3R 7QR.

"We're going to continue to plan for the future by further investing in renewables, with 37 power stations across Britain and Ireland that already include 18 wind farms and 9 hydroelectric stations."

So what is your point?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Deal
Deal + Customs Union
Second Referendum
Revoke Article 50
FTA (the Canada option)
No Deal

***Waits for May to twist the wording of these options, and to use strong arm 3-line whipping to try to get her way***

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If there any evidence at all that these massive marches in London that seem to happen nearly every weekend (at least whenever I visit London, there seems to be a march on for some reason or another) have any influence at all on decision makers?

Nope, and nor do petitions except they have to be debated in Parliament if they reach a certain figure.

The March will be massive because the majority in London don't want their boat rocked.

More remainers should have bothered to vote in 2016, then. Oh wait, ''waaah, all the young people were at Glastonbury, it's unfair, can we have another go''...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd vote remain now, I'm exhausted, but few observations...
- If we have further referendum and remain, you'd not begrudge anyone saying Brexit was doomed from the start because those with power made it so difficult as to become impossible. Naive? Yes. But admirable!
- Remainers had the odds ridiculously stacked in their favour and yet still lost. For Leavers to have won in 2016 against such power will forever be one of the most astonishing results in history. But a pyrrhic victory it was.
- Sad so many younger people have been positively hostile and disrespectful towards older generations. Should remember that one day they too will be old...providing narcissm isn't fatal...:)
- The SNP is the most hypocritical party in the history of politics! And boy are there some other candidates in that sense!
- The EU is incredibly powerful, Britain took on a superpower, gave it a bloody nose but essentially there was only ever going to be one winner. Once in, no country is allowed to leave realistically. The Prisoner box-set should be essential viewing to any others with thoughts of independence.
- I still believe the European Project won't survive; but undecided as to how much of a difference being in or out would make when it collapses i.e. chaos all round and far reaching.
- The UK is now the most ironic named country on earth and probably past its sell by date: all 4 kingdoms should become independent (to begin squabbling regionally instead), England's government move to the Midlands including a new modern parliament. Or, even better, just shut down every party, sack every politician and transfer all remaining power to EU parliament because who on earth are we kidding and Brexit has proved our political class is incapable of working together so is there any point having them?:guns:
- Surely Barber is to blame somewhere ???

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Accept deal on the table. Thanks to May we have some sort of deal. All other EU countries have no intention of making it easy to get out in case any others were thinking of joining us. I am surprised we have got any sort of deal. I was remainer but we must stay with vote. Brexiteers of course must have known EU countries were not going to say yes to everything we wanted. As far as march is concerned. Waste of space

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here