Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Petition just sailed through 2m, fast one ever in the UK. Currently second largest...

"Many of those signing this petition were from outside the UK, IP addresses from Nigeria, Afghanistan, North Korea and Saudi Arabia all featured. Tens of thousands were from tiny Luxembourg. The whole thing has been a farce and does not reflect the mood of people in the UK."

Quoted from the comment section of the article... ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"Many of those signing this petition were from outside the UK, IP addresses from Nigeria, Afghanistan, North Korea and Saudi Arabia all featured. Tens of thousands were from tiny Luxembourg. The whole thing has been a farce and does not reflect the mood of people in the UK."

Just download the data like I have. It's freely available. Those outside the UK are a tiny amount and they are fully transparent about it.

The data is also electronically cleaned of what appear to BOT accounts. If it's spoofed then it's a sophisticated operation, the data is clustered around areas which voted remain.

I'll check Luxembourg now.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

So they have a problem with traffic and turned off the stats updating apparently. The data I have was published when the count was at 1,311,334.

At the time the votes from the Luxembourg jury stood at 418. Not tens of thousands.

I used a system called maths which is available to both remainers and leavers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't you just click on the map to avoid any argument?

Oh look, it's not just London...... Who'd have thought after all the lies.

A load of us in Sheffield who've signed to start with.
0dba2d53ead5f9f39d4b715a5250bd5a.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As an aside, has May just sunk to a new low?

"I know MPs are frustrated too... Etc"

Last night she was sticking the knife in. It wasn't her fault it was parliament. All their fault.

It's like the kid at school who gets found out as a shit stirring wanker and then tries to wiggle out of it when they're about to get a kicking.

She's pathetic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
795, 340 from the UK
6,985 from France
3,018 from Germany

etc...

My nephew in Munich and daughter in Berlin will be 2 of those German origin votes, both UK citizens at the moment, though my nephew will be taking German citizenship shortly, because of Brexit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The biggest con of all being the UK can only prosper and succeed inside the EU. Numerous vested interests have been peddling that whopper for ages.

No they haven't, they have said we will be better off in than out, not that we will fail totally. Inside we would be more prosperous and more successful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thankfully I've never said a bad word against anyone from Scotchland.

[tweet]1108675217596076032[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1108956480957341698[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thankfully I've never said a bad word against anyone from Scotchland.

[tweet]1108675217596076032[/tweet]

Lord Adonis is doing the same in the House of Lords.

Many Brits working abroad are signing the petition as their jobs & homes are at stake. I'm surprised it's as few as 418 in Luxembourg.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't seem able to see the petition numbers continually being updated as it was yesterday..?

Any links that can put me on the same views as yesterday before the link crashed...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Clutching at straws.

There are plenty of ex pats and contract workers overseas who will be voting. Plus, as has been explained, a lot of foreign companies’ UK IT systems route through their home systems. A signature from my laptop (in Southampton) will have 100% have been logged as coming from Switzerland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless May and her ERG bosses try some dirty tricks it looks like 29th March will be removed from law, *no deal* Dystopia Day set back to April 12th ( and maybe further ), and this thread title can be changed to reflect the new reality.

:rock:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2,625,272 Now

As others have said, doesn’t seem to be updating in real time now - perhaps this is protecting itself from the endless crashes so far.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I assume 24 hour surveillance will be put on Nigel Farage after his promise to go on a rampage and “tear MPs limb from limb”?

Or was he YET AGAIN full of absolute bluster and bollocks that only an absolute thicket would believe or trust?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Encouraging to see a call to reverse A50 rather than second ref.
Just get it stopped.
A second referendum is simply asking “are you still stupid” to which I fear the answer would be a resounding YES.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here