Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stephen Lloyd is the MP for Eastbourne. Yesterday in the HOC, he asked Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, why disabled children & adults, have now been limited to three incontinence pads a day. If a disabled person is to be kept warm and dry, it now costs that family an extra £85 a month, with no extra benefits. This is what is happening to public services, day in and day out, because so much money is being wasted on these ridiculous project. This is the reality and nitty gritty of this government.

Much as that is an horrendous and and disgusting situation, I'm not sure you can attribute that directly to Brexit ..... this disgracful government were carrying out cuts to the NHS across the field well before Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps some of the keen no deal proponents on here could have a crack at these 10 questions:

How would the rights of UK citizens living in the EU be protected in the event of a no-deal Brexit?
How would a no-deal Brexit avoid the need for new infrastructure, in particular Border Inspection Posts, at the Irish border?
How would the UK catch criminals now living in EU countries under a no-deal Brexit?
How would the government ensure that businesses are prepared to trade with the EU ahead of a no-deal Brexit?
How would the UK protect Gibraltar under a no-deal Brexit?
How can we be sure that there will be no disruption to medicine supply in the event of a no deal Brexit?
In the event of a no-deal, how would the UK ensure that chemicals placed on the market are safe for consumers?
How would the UK seek to smoothly trade fish in the event of a no-deal Brexit?
How would a no-deal Brexit maintain reliable electricity flows across interconnectors between the UK and continental Europe?
How would the UK negotiate trade arrangements with third countries without an agreement with the EU?

https://www.ippr.org/blog/no-deal-brexit-10-questions-that-need-answering

Or is all just have blind faith, 'believe in Britain' because it's all #projectfear and political correctness gone mad by Guardian reading remoaners because Johnson, Rees-Mogg and the other English Tories went to Eton College and Oxford and really know where it's at, so they'll sort it all out etc,etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm patiently waiting for my vote to leave the EU to be implemented by the next PM as inistructed by the electorate in the Referendum, not to much to ask for
regards
DR

I suppose with the unfettered cuts that will be made to the welfare system you may be forced to get off your arse and start contributing to society. Though you may find employers don’t really go for racist ****wits these days . Every cloud...

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The most ardent leavers that I personally know are strangely, both living on disablement benefits, live in social housing, neither have worked for at the very least twenty years, one in fact to my knowledge has never worked, unless you classify " tobacco importing " from, strangely, the EU? Who he constantly derides and vociferously (on Internet forums) criticises, ( which may be because, during one of his many tobacco runs he had been discovered by French customs officials attempting to import an " 8 bar " of illegal substance ! " first time honest guv " and received a custodial sentence in a French hostelry ! Both claim to be Labour supporters and strenuously deny being duped when I point out they are arguing for a Tory Brexit which in my opinion has been a top Tory wish since we joined in 74. The only other leaver who I have discussed this process with is retired, and for the last year at least, he wishes the whole debacle had never happened after realising the folly of the whole Tory instigated mess. He like myself ( I retire in the next year, with my final salary pension, (payable very shortly) though have to wait until next May for my state pension, thanks governments), both own our own homes so may be shielded from the main excesses of your Brexit.
My belief is this whole process is a disaster for our people, our country, our union, our future, our younger people's future, our politics and especially our economy. I've no real axe to grind as my future is fairly settled after working since leaving school at 15 and planning and saving for my retirement and see absolutely no benefit in leaving the EU, please if you know of any benefit for leaving, any at all, anything that will benefit this nation of ours at all, anything, enlighten me. I will be happy, nay, delighted to be educated in this regard. I thank you in anticipation.

Well said.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suppose with the unfettered cuts that will be made to the welfare system you may be forced to get off your arse and start contributing to society. Though you may find employers don’t really go for racist ****wits these days . Every cloud...

Don't descend to his level.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Tories managed to infect the whole country with their EU disease. We are now unreconcilably split, just like they have been for years. I’ve lost a lot of belief in my country over this whole debacle. I never realised just how many nasty people lived here until Brexit. Very depressing. Labour are at their weakest in a generation and are unable to fight the weakest Tory party in a generation; it’s all so sad.

On top of that the existential future of The UK is at risk, our international reputation as a country is utterly trashed and will only get far worse if a no deal occurred............and people cheer it on.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On top of that the existential future of The UK is at risk, our international reputation as a country is utterly trashed and will only get far worse if a no deal occurred............and people cheer it on.

Indeed, and as posted before, the reluctance for the remain side to accept the result, and try to move forward with the best scenario possible of compromise (probably similar to May's deal) was treated with scorn and ridicule. Probably, in hindsight, might have been better to go with that rather than this path of self-destruction.

Fighting the result hoping it might just go away possibly wasn't the best plan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed, and as posted before, the reluctance for the remain side to accept the result, and try to move forward with the best scenario possible of compromise (probably similar to May's deal) was treated with scorn and ridicule. Probably, in hindsight, might have been better to go with that rather than this path of self-destruction.

The Remain's reluctance to accept the result is because of the huge lies which were proved to be untrue within 24 hours, and corruption, which was discovered within months.
You cannot make people accept a decision in politics which has such a huge impact on their lives. We are not children who will sit down and do as we are told.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Remain's reluctance to accept the result is because of the huge lies which were proved to be untrue within 24 hours, and corruption, which was discovered within months.
You cannot make people accept a decision in politics which has such a huge impact on their lives. We are not children who will sit down and do as we are told.

Then don't gripe about the mess that's been created.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy Boots: Of course, you don't.

You sound as if you doubt it, Mouldy. My only assumption about you is that you are retired and so immune to the disaster that is coming..... Please tell me I am wrong and I will apologise! Apart from that, I have no stereotypical view of Leavers...... Let's try again - Why should 'Johnson body slam Stewart'? I am sure you have a good answer to that. Go for it!

I am not retired, I don't ever see that being on the agenda as I love working and achieving goals.

So you are wrong on that front.

Come on Lever even you couldn't fail to laugh if Rory's feet and head were poking out under big bad Boris while he is wearing a leotard with 'i'm the daddy' splashed across his back.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you say so Boss. I think, and according to many business chaps, it's the uncertainty that's causing the issues.

Had we left, no uncertainty and everyone would be getting on with their lives.

Too simple? Possibly.

I know it was quite a while ago now but who called all this on? But it’s customary for leavers to blame everyone but themselves. Very dishonest.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As I have said before. Leaving the EU affects the laws and framework within which many people have built careers, businesses and families. If you didn’t therefore expect this reaction then you’re stupid; you really are. Tel me, do you really expect people who are going to be badly affected by this to just accept it and move on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here