Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair enough - that's your call as a mod. BUT JCFG has had an awful lot more thrown at him than he throws back and remainers constantly play him ( and Pasta for that matter ) rather than the point and I don't see a mod stepping in then. Not that I think JCFG gives a toss anyway.

And both Clamp and Herr T have had thread bans in the recent past.......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still asking that stupid binary question I see .....

Just asking the same person who didn't actually answer yesterday :)

Out of interest, what percentage of leave voters do you think support your alternate solution to the border issue of 'Give Ireland back to the Irish' (sic)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just asking the same person who didn't actually answer yesterday :)

Out of interest, what percentage of leave voters do you think support your alternate solution to the border issue of 'Give Ireland back to the Irish' (sic)

I've no idea ..... why don't you ask them. You're good at asking questions ...... not so good at answering them though. I believed the island of Ireland should have been one long before Brexit came along.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That 'stupid' binary question is at the heart of the Brexit negotiations.

Yes, but to keep asking and asking the same thing over and over is ridiculous. I had stated what I would do, I would give N.Ireland independence and let them choose what to do with their border. WO may not like the answer and fair enough he is free to disagree, but he is simply arguing for the sake of it. It is immensely frustrating that the will of the English people is beholden to the Scots and Irish who voted to remain. Equally, I have sympathy to the Scots and Irish who must be frustrated by the almost 2 million majority for leave in England. Independence would seem to solve a lot of the problem as N.Ireland may be able to remain in the EU and operate under similar conditions.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That 'stupid' binary question is at the heart of the Brexit negotiations.

Yes indeed, but what you've missed is the preamble from Watford Know Zero - "What did you vote for" ...... knowing full well that those options weren't on the ballot paper. They have become a discussion point SINCE the UK voted leave. So his question is pointless, stupid and daft.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've no idea ..... why don't you ask them. You're good at asking questions ...... not so good at answering them though. I believed the island of Ireland should have been one long before Brexit came along.

Well maybe we could make it an option on a second referendum and find out ???

(Totally ignoring the fact that the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain part of the United Kingdom. It was written into the Good Friday Agreement that if the majority of people in Northern Ireland (and the Republic of Ireland) want Northern Ireland to be part of the Republic of Ireland then that’s what will happen.)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I believed the island of Ireland should have been one long before Brexit came along.

Yet you said you wouldn't go to Belfast to talk to anyone. You're very good at believing what other people should do, without knowing the first thing about them and their lives.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, but to keep asking and asking the same thing over and over is ridiculous. I had stated what I would do, I would give N.Ireland independence and let them choose what to do with their border. WO may not like the answer and fair enough he is free to disagree, but he is simply arguing for the sake of it. It is immensely frustrating that the will of the English people is beholden to the Scots and Irish who voted to remain. Equally, I have sympathy to the Scots and Irish who must be frustrated by the almost 2 million majority for leave in England. Independence would seem to solve a lot of the problem as N.Ireland may be able to remain in the EU and operate under similar conditions.

So you want England & Wales to become even smaller, but not only breaking away from the European Union, but the United Kingdom as well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I will say this once more.

That is not going to happen in the 6 month timescale that we have for Brexit. You may as well say that you want a 'techology' solution to the border, make a solution out of squeezy bottles and Paper Mache or one using unicorns and leprechauns as they will also not happen in the timescales.

You only have two options for leaving the EU, Customs Union or a hard Border so which is it going to be.

This is the issue, and you running away from it won't make it go away :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Put aside the years of upheaval both those scenarios would cause, how do you give independence to somewhere that might not want it?

How does Northern Irish independence work at all?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yet you said you wouldn't go to Belfast to talk to anyone. You're very good at believing what other people should do, without knowing the first thing about them and their lives.

OK, so if there was a referendum for the unification of Ireland and everyone in NI and everyone in ROI ( I won't use Eire as I know it upsets ManofSussex ) was allowed to vote what do you think the result would be ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OK, so if there was a referendum for the unification of Ireland and everyone in NI and everyone in ROI ( I won't use Eire as I know it upsets ManofSussex ) was allowed to vote what do you think the result would be ?

(Totally ignoring the fact that the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain part of the United Kingdom. It was written into the Good Friday Agreement that if the majority of people in Northern Ireland (and the Republic of Ireland) want Northern Ireland to be part of the Republic of Ireland then that’s what will happen.)

I wonder why I bother at times :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Put aside the years of upheaval both those scenarios would cause, how do you give independence to somewhere that might not want it?

How does Northern Irish independence work at all?

Not forgetting that Gibraltar and Spain are in exactly the same situation. Let's throw NI & Gibraltar under a bus, so the Westminster loons can make more money with their tax avoidance & off shore accounts.

You couldn't make it up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So you want England & Wales to become even smaller, but not only breaking away from the European Union, but the United Kingdom as well.

I have stated that several times on this thread and I believe you were one of the posters I stated it too. I am sorry if I am mistaken, but it seems like we are going round in circles here. I have held that view for a number of years, although I do love the UK in many ways and I am certainly in love with Scotland where, if the weather was better, I would love to live. I have just come to regard the UK as anachronistic and I feel many political tensions with Scotland in particular, could be lessened by a more grown-up and modern relationship. The UK and England has diminished in world importance anyway, much of that was a relic from empire and reestablishing ourselves as independent countries could be positive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't understand why you don't or can't answer ? If you don't know, what is the Government who represent you meant to do ?
They are meant to tell the DUP to get lost and to put the customs border in the Irish Sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here