Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
5 sports ?

Name them and I will then confirm their worthiness .....

WTF. Next you’re be asking to judge a short stories competition.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
which applies to half the other options, so they are unicorns too. we're back to no-deal/deal/revoke arent we and this doesn't solve anything?

Some of the others that have not been agreed are clearly easily agreeable though, they resolve issues rather than cause issues. The EU has not offered these as they have been respecting TM's red lines, if we ignore those, then there are some options easy for the EU to grant, if more than a little difficult for leavers to swallow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
5 sports ?

Name them and I will then confirm their worthiness .....

Six.

Football - competition was high, and I was by no means a first pick, until the smaller year groups in VI form. Upper VI I was captain (and top scorer).
Cricket - captain, opening bowler.
Rugby - hated it, but forced to play, as fast. Hid out on the wing out of trouble.
Swimming - three events, in the only gala I can recall our school ever entering.
Squash - captain
Athletics - as above, County Schools championships, 800m and 1500m

When I wasn't playing or practicing one of the above, I was in my room listening to The Smiths. Unquestionably a nerd.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Really looking forward to Thereas May announcing she is quitting in order to get this deal through to really cement the fact that this is, was and always will be a Tory mess.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Are Leave WUM's taking it in turns? Pastas day off so Big girly has picked up the baton?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Six.

Football - competition was high, and I was by no means a first pick, until the smaller year groups in VI form. Upper VI I was captain (and top scorer).
Rugby - hated it, but forced to play, as fast. Hid out on the wing out of trouble.
Swimming - three events, in the only gala I can recall our school ever entering.
Squash - captain

When I wasn't playing or practicing one of the above, I was in my room listening to The Smiths. Unquestionably a nerd.

The Smith's fair enough, but the Captain Squash thingy is the nerdy clincher. :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Six.

Squash - captain

I refused to play rugby at school. Hated it as well. A few refused. We pissed around with basketballs instead, which I quite liked.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Six.

Squash - captain

You're a middling nerd but perhaps saveable ....

Football 'cool', not first pick 'nerd'
Cricket captain, 'good' whilst remembering usually those not picked for football quickly go to cricket 'nerd', which might be argued is only a skill and not a sport (controversial) however opening bowler saves you, 'cool'.
Rugby is 'cool' but wingers are 'nerds'.
Swimming is 'cool' especially if it is butterfly.
Squash is posh and therefore 'nerdy' unless you are over 40 years old.
Athletics: Any distance over 400m becomes 'nerdy', mostly tall kids where their bodies haven't caught up with their gangly legs.

I think Smiths are ok, I was too busy captaining my sports teams to really be in to music ...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are Leave WUM's taking it in turns? Pastas day off so Big girly has picked up the baton?

I find Big Gully far more entertaining. Pasta is just inappropriately rude to everyone who disagrees with him, regardless of whether they make coherent points or not. It's boring. However, I can never tire of Big Gully's unerring inability to hide his limited intellect and failure to see what a massive simpleton he is. It is absolutely hilarious - he doesn't even realise when he's being absolutely owned. He's like a political Alan Partridge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Big Gully has a dig and unless you’re in possession of rizla skin it’s all fairly light hearted and most give as good as they get.
Despite his standpoint on life being almost polar opposite to mine, I rather enjoy his warblings :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Cricket captain, 'good' whilst remembering usually those not picked for football quickly go to cricket 'nerd', which might be argued is only a skill and not a sport (controversial) however opening bowler saves you, 'cool'.
Athletics: Any distance over 400m becomes 'nerdy', mostly tall kids where their bodies haven't caught up with their gangly legs.

I think Smiths are ok, I was too busy captaining my sports teams to really be in to music ...
Lovely stuff. An absolutely feeble and facile breakdown on your view of various sports, topped off nicely with a final sentence that is clearly a load of clap-trap. All neatly encompassed in a post that oozes with a sense of the difficulty you're having in trying making yourself appear comfortable writing authoritatively and interestingly.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Option F and Option J are the same ?

A slight different approach

MOTIONS RELATING TO THE UNITED KINGDOM’S WITHDRAWAL FROM AND FUTURE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION
Until 7.00pm

(A) Constitutional and accountable government
Sir William Cash
Sir Bernard Jenkin
John Redwood
Mr Owen Paterson
Priti Patel
Mr Mark Francois
Mr Steve BakerMr Marcus Fysh
That this House respects the will of the people of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as expressed in the referendum of 23 June 2016, on the highest turnout of the electorate for more than 20 years, after this House had passed the Bill leading to the European Union Referendum Act 2015 on 7 September 2015 by 326 votes to 53; recalls that this House authorised the Prime Minister to give notice of the UK’s intention to withdraw from the European Union under Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union by passing the Bill leading to the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017 on 8 February 2017 by 494 votes to 122; re-affirms the decision to repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day which this House took by passing the Bill leading to the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 on 17 January 2018 by 324 votes to 295; decides once again not to approve the Withdrawal Agreement and the Framework for the Future Relationship between the UK and the EU which were rejected by this House on 15 January 2019 by 432 votes to 202 and again on 12 March 2019 by 391 to 242; believes that manipulating standing orders to give precedence over Government business to backbench attempts to legislate on matters of such fundamental importance is unparliamentary and tends to the destruction of constitutional and accountable government; and, notwithstanding the Resolution of the House of 25 March, accordingly makes the following Standing Order-
‘That the following be a Standing Order of the House (Entrenchment of constitutional and accountable government):
(1) This Standing Order may not be amended, repealed, suspended, disapplied or varied in its effect unless a motion to do so is passed without a division, or, if the motion is passed on a division, the number of members who vote in favour of the motion to do so is equal to or greater than two thirds of the number of seats in the House (including vacant seats).
(2) No Order may be made to amend, repeal, suspend, disapply or vary the effect of paragraph (1) of Standing Order No. 14(Arrangement of public business) which provides for Government business to have precedence at every sitting subject to the exceptions for Opposition days, backbench business and Private Members’ Bills in the terms set out in that Standing Order.’

(B) No deal
Mr John Baron
Sir David Amess
Martin Vickers
Stephen Metcalfe
That this House agrees that the UK shall leave the EU on 12 April 2019 without a deal.

(C) Unilateral right of exit from backstop
Mr John Baron
Andrew Percy
Neil Parish
Stephen Metcalfe
Sir David Amess
Martin Vickers
That this House agrees that the UK shall leave the EU on 22 May 2019 with the Withdrawal Agreement amended to allow the UK unilaterally to exit the Northern Ireland backstop.

(D) Common market 2.0
Nick Boles
Stephen Kinnock
Lucy Powell
Andrew Percy
Robert Halfon
Diana Johnson
George FreemanJustin MaddersAntoinette SandbachSeema MalhotraMr Jonathan DjanoglyMr Edward VaizeySir Nicholas SoamesJohn StevensonSir Oliver LetwinSir Mark HendrickHelen JonesMr Ivan LewisRichard BenyonMatt WesternJack DromeySimon HartPaul MastertonJess PhillipsRichard BurdenSteve McCabeNorman LambGraham P JonesChris BryantStephen TwiggLiz McInnesDavid HansonRuth GeorgeRushanara AliShabana Mahmood
That this House –
(1) directs Her Majesty’s Government to –
renegotiate the framework for the future relationship laid before the House on Monday 11 March 2019 with the title ‘Political Declaration setting out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom’ to provide that, on the conclusion of the Implementation Period and no later than 31 December 2020, the United Kingdom shall –
(a) accede to the European Free Trade Association (Efta) having negotiated a derogation from Article 56(3) of the Efta Agreement to allow UK participation in a comprehensive customs arrangement with the European Union,
(b) enter the Efta Pillar of the European Economic Area and thereby render operational the United Kingdom’s continuing status as a party to the European Economic Area Agreement and continuing participation in the Single Market,
(c) enter a comprehensive customs arrangement including a common external tariff at least until alternative arrangements that maintain frictionless trade with the European Union and no hard border on the island of Ireland have been agreed with the European Union,
(d) conclude an agreement with the European Union, which in accordance with Article 2 of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland of the Withdrawal Agreement supersedes the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland in full;
(e) develop and bring to this House proposals for full and fair enforcement of the rule that EEA migrants must be “genuinely seeking work” and have “sufficient resources not to become a burden on the UK’s social assistance system”, in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006;
(2) resolves to make support for the forthcoming European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill conditional upon the inclusion of provisions for a Political Declaration revised in accordance with the provisions of this motion to be the legally binding negotiating mandate for Her Majesty’s Government in the forthcoming negotiation of the future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union.

(E) Respect the referendum result
Will Quince
Dame Cheryl Gillan
Nigel Dodds
Stephen McPartland
Graham Stringer
Frank Field
Lucy AllanMr Richard BaconMr Steve BakerCrispin BluntMr Peter BoneBen BradleySir Graham BradySuella BravermanAndrew BridgenFiona BruceConor BurnsMr Ronnie CampbellSir William CashSir Geoffrey Clifton-BrownMr Simon ClarkeRobert CourtsTracey CrouchPhilip DaviesMs Nadine DorriesSteve DoubleJames DuddridgeMr Iain Duncan SmithCharlie ElphickeGeorge EusticeMr Nigel EvansMichael FabricantCaroline FlintMr Mark FrancoisMr Marcus FyshMark GarnierZac GoldsmithJames GrayChris GreenMr Mark HarperKate HoeyAdam HollowayEddie HughesSir Bernard JenkinAndrea JenkynsMr David JonesMrs Pauline LathamAndrew LewerJulia LopezMr Jonathan LordTim LoughtonCraig MackinlayMrs Anne MainScott MannJohn MannEsther McVeyJohnny MercerNigel MillsDamien MooreMrs Sheryll MurrayPriti PatelMr Owen PatersonTom PursgloveJohn RedwoodMr Jacob Rees-MoggMr Laurence RobertsonAndrew RosindellLee RowleyGrant ShappsHenry SmithRoyston SmithGareth SnellSir Desmond SwayneRoss ThomsonMichael TomlinsonCraig TraceyAnne-Marie TrevelyanMr Shailesh VaraTheresa VilliersDavid WarburtonMr John WhittingdaleSammy WilsonMr William WraggJim ShannonSir David AmessSir Mike PenningSir Robert SymsBob StewartBill WigginBob BlackmanMartin VickersAndrew PercyRobert HalfonDominic Raab
That this House recalls that this sovereign Parliament gave the choice about whether the UK should remain in, or leave, the European Union to the British people in the 2016 referendum, and that in the 2017 election 85 per cent of votes were cast for political parties which committed to abiding by that decision in their manifestos, and therefore reaffirms its commitment to honour the result of the referendum that the UK should leave the European Union.

(F) Participation in a customs union
Gareth Snell
Caroline Flint
Ruth Smeeth
Stephanie Peacock
Jim Fitzpatrick
Justin Madders
Laura SmithMrs Emma Lewell-BuckHelen JonesDerek TwiggToby Perkins
That this House agrees that it shall be the objective of Her Majesty’s Government to take all necessary steps to implement an international trade agreement which enables the United Kingdom to participate after exit day in a customs union with the European Union.

(G) Revocation instead of no deal
Angus Brendan MacNeil
Mr Kenneth Clarke
Keith Vaz
Liz Saville Roberts
Pete Wishart
Geraint Davies
Janet DabyDrew HendryCatherine WestJonathan EdwardsChris StephensBen LakeStewart Malcolm McDonaldMartyn DayJo StevensHywel WilliamsGavin NewlandsTonia AntoniazziNeil CoyleGed KillenCarol MonaghanDr Rupa HuqHelen HayesStewart HosieDouglas ChapmanChris LawStephen TimmsPaul Farrelly
That this House calls on the Government to bring forward urgently any legislation necessary to require the Prime Minister to send a letter to the European Union revoking the UK’s notice of intention to withdraw from the EU under Article 50 of the Treaty of Union given on 29 March 2017, in the event that this House fails to approve any withdrawal agreement four days before the end of the Article 50 period.

(H) EFTA and EEA
George Eustice
Julian Sturdy
Jeremy Lefroy
John Stevenson
Nicky Morgan
Gordon Henderson
Simon HartPeter AldousRobert CourtsNeil ParishScott MannRobert HalfonAndrew PercyGeorge FreemanPaul Masterton
That this House recognises the democratic duty of Parliament to respect the result of the 2016 referendum whilst securing an orderly departure from the EU that preserves the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; notes that the UK is a signatory to the treaty establishing the European Economic Area and has not given notice to leave the EEA as is required under Article 127 of that agreement; further notes that the UK was a founding member of the European Free Trade Association in 1960 and therefore call on the Government to (a) assert its existing rights as a signatory to the EEA, (b) take necessary steps to make our rights and obligations as an EEA member operable on an emergency basis through the domestic courts, (c) apply to re-join EFTA at the earliest opportunity to make the EEA agreement operable on a sustainable basis and (d) decline to enter a customs union with the EU but seek agreement on new protocols relating to the Northern Ireland border and agri-food trade.

(I) Consent of devolved institutions
Ian Blackford
Kirsty Blackman
Stephen Gethins
Peter Grant
Joanna Cherry
Patrick Grady
Hannah BardellMhairi BlackDeidre BrockAlan BrownDr Lisa CameronDouglas ChapmanRonnie CowanAngela CrawleyMartyn DayMartin Docherty-HughesMarion FellowsPatricia GibsonNeil GrayDrew HendryStewart HosieChris LawDavid LindenAngus Brendan MacNeilStewart Malcolm McDonaldStuart C. McDonaldJohn McNallyCarol MonaghanGavin NewlandsBrendan O’HaraTommy SheppardChris StephensAlison ThewlissDr Philippa WhitfordPete Wishart
That this House notes the decisions of the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly on 5 March 2019 rejecting the Prime Minister’s Withdrawal Agreement, Framework for Future Relationship and leaving without a deal; agrees that the UK will not leave the European Union without a deal, and no action for leaving the European Union will be taken without a consent motion passed in both the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.

(J) Customs union
Mr Kenneth Clarke
Hilary Benn
Helen Goodman
Sir Oliver Letwin
Sarah Newton
Yvette Cooper
Jack DromeySir Nicholas SoamesSeema MalhotraRichard BenyonIan MurrayMartin WhitfieldRichard BurdenSteve McCabePaul FarrellyToby PerkinsDavid HansonRuth GeorgeClive EffordRushanara Ali
That this House instructs the Government to:
(1) ensure that any Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration negotiated with the EU must include, as a minimum, a commitment to negotiate a permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union with the EU;
(2) enshrine this objective in primary legislation.

(K) Labour’s alternative plan
Jeremy Corbyn
Keir Starmer
Tom Watson
Emily Thornberry
Valerie Vaz
Mr Nicholas Brown
Seema MalhotraRichard BurdenJack DromeyGareth SnellHelen GoodmanToby PerkinsDavid HansonRuth GeorgeClive Efford
That this House requires Ministers to:
(a) negotiate changes to the draft Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration so as to secure:
(i) a permanent customs union with the EU;
(ii) close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;
(iii) dynamic alignment on rights and protections;
(iv) commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation;
(v) agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases; and
(b) introduce primary legislation to give statutory status to the objectives set out in paragraph (a).

(L) Revocation to avoid no deal
Joanna Cherry
Mr Dominic Grieve
Sir Vince Cable
Liz Saville Roberts
Dr Sarah Wollaston
Mr Ben Bradshaw
Stephen GethinsMr Alistair CarmichaelTommy SheppardDeidre BrockKirsty BlackmanHywel WilliamsChris StephensDouglas ChapmanDr Philippa WhitfordHannah BardellTom BrakeJo SwinsonJamie StoneWera HobhouseLayla MoranTim FarronAnna SoubryMr Chris LeslieChuka UmunnaHeidi AllenMike GapesAnn CoffeyLuciana BergerMr Gavin ShukerAngela SmithJoan RyanMartin WhitfieldIan MurrayPaul FarrellyAnna McMorrinGed KillenRushanara Ali
If, on the day before the end of the penultimate House of Commons sitting day before exit day, no Act of Parliament has been passed for the purposes of section 13(1)(d) of the Withdrawal Act, Her Majesty’s Government must immediately put a motion to the House asking it to approve ‘No Deal’ and, if the House does not give its approval, Her Majesty’s Government must ensure that the notice given to the European Council under Article 50, of the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the European Union, is revoked in accordance with United Kingdom and European Union law

(M) Confirmatory public vote
Margaret Beckett
Peter Kyle
Phil Wilson
Dr Philippa Whitford
Caroline Lucas
Justine Greening
Mr Dominic GrieveSir Vince CableDr Phillip LeeRushanara AliLiz Saville RobertsJohn CryerHilary BennRachel ReevesMeg HillierMary CreaghLilian GreenwoodKate GreenMr George HowarthMr Sam GyimahJoanna CherryIan MurrayGuto BebbMr Paul SweeneyMartin WhitfieldDebbie AbrahamsHeidi AllenDr Rosena Allin-KhanTonia AntoniazziLuciana BergerDr Roberta Blackman-WoodsMr Ben BradshawGraham P JonesMs Angela EagleTom BrakeChris BryantMs Karen BuckRuth CadburyMr Alistair CarmichaelAnn CoffeyAlex CunninghamSir Edward DaveyGeraint DaviesMarsha De CordovaAnneliese DoddsStephen DoughtyRosie DuffieldMaria EagleJonathan EdwardsJulie ElliottTim FarronJames FrithMike GapesPreet Kaur GillJohn GroganWera HobhouseDame Margaret HodgeDr Rupa HuqChristine JardineDarren JonesSarah JonesSusan Elan JonesLiz KendallGed KillenBen LakeNorman LambMr Chris LeslieClive LewisHolly LynchKerry McCarthyMr Pat McFaddenAlison McGovernCatherine McKinnellAnna McMorrinSeema MalhotraSandy MartinRachael MaskellChristian MathesonMrs Madeleine MoonLayla MoranJess PhillipsBridget PhillipsonEllie ReevesLloyd Russell-MoyleJoan RyanMr Virendra SharmaMr Barry SheermanMr Gavin ShukerTulip SiddiqAndy SlaughterAngela SmithOwen SmithAlex SobelAnna SoubryJo StevensJamie StoneWes StreetingJo SwinsonDerek ThomasStephen TimmsAnna TurleyChuka UmunnaCatherine WestMatt WesternHywel WilliamsDr Paul WilliamsDr Sarah WollastonDame Louise EllmanDavid HansonDaniel ZeichnerRuth GeorgeNeil CoyleConor McGinnSteve McCabeMr David LammyStella CreasyAntoinette SandbachRichard BurdenHelen Hayes
That this House will not allow in this Parliament the implementation and ratification of any withdrawal agreement and any framework for the future relationship unless and until they have been approved by the people of the United Kingdom in a confirmatory public vote.

(N) Malthouse compromise plan A
Nicky Morgan
Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg
Nigel Dodds
Kate Hoey
Damian Green
Mr Steve Baker
Simon HartAndrew PercyGeorge FreemanCharlie ElphickeSir Graham Brady
That this House recognises the result of the 2016 referendum namely that the UK should leave the European Union and proposes to do so on the basis of the current draft Withdrawal Agreement including the provisions on the rights of EU citizens living in the UK, the financial settlement and the Implementation Period subject to the backstop solution on Northern Ireland being superseded by an agreement as envisaged in Appendix A of the 11 March 2019 ‘Statement that Political Agreement has been reached’ that establishes alternative arrangements based on existing customs procedures and EU Regulations on a permanent footing to ensure the absence of a hard border on the island of Ireland while protecting the integrity of the EU’s internal market and the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom.

(O) Contingent preferential arrangements
Mr Marcus Fysh
Mr Steve Baker
Priti Patel
Dr Julian Lewis
Richard Drax
Mr William Wragg
Julia LopezSir David AmessLee RowleyMr Richard BaconAndrew BridgenSir Bernard JenkinMrs Sheryll MurrayMr Owen PatersonMr Simon ClarkeMr David JonesSir Geoffrey Clifton-BrownRobert Courts
That this House directs that in case the UK is unable to implement a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, Her Majesty’s Government shall seek to agree immediately and preferentially with the EU:
(a) a trade agreement and/or joint notification of trade preference covering 100 per cent of goods traded between the UK and EU under which no tariffs or quantitative restrictions will be applied between the parties and full cumulation of rules of origin which shall apply for a period of up to two years after the UK leaves the EU notwithstanding that these arrangements may be superseded or extended by further mutual agreement;
(b) a standstill period of mutual recognition of standards and conformity assessment for up to two years in which the UK will ensure compliance in the UK with the EU legislative acquis as adopted in Retained EU law under the EU Withdrawal Act on the day the UK leaves the EU notwithstanding that these arrangements may be superseded or extended by further mutual agreement;
(c) a customs arrangement consisting of advanced trade facilitation measures that enables and makes full and widespread use of simplified and subsidised procedures to perform customs and regulatory declarations and associated control processes away from UK/EU borders; and
(d) make provision for the payment of sums to the European Union in amounts equivalent to the UK’s current net annual financial contribution to the EU for up to two years in respect of the above agreements and arrangements.

(P) Contingent reciprocal arrangements
Mr Marcus Fysh
Mr Steve Baker
Priti Patel
Dr Julian Lewis
Richard Drax
Mr William Wragg
Julia LopezSir David AmessMrs Sheryll MurrayTheresa VilliersMr David JonesMr Richard BaconSir Bernard JenkinAndrew BridgenMr Simon ClarkeRobert CourtsAdam HollowayChris GreenMr Owen PatersonSir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown
That this House directs that in case the UK is unable to implement a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, Her Majesty’s Government shall at least reciprocate the arrangements put in place by the EU and or its Member states to manage the period following the UK’s departure from the EU, so as to mitigate and avoid disruption, and shall unilaterally guarantee EU citizens’ rights

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lovely stuff. An absolutely feeble and facile breakdown on your view of various sports, topped off nicely with a final sentence that is clearly a load of clap-trap. All neatly encompassed in a post that oozes with a sense of the difficulty you're having in trying making yourself appear comfortable writing authoritatively and interestingly.

Ever the critic, never the composer bravo Simeon bravo [emoji122]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Playing sport at boarding school is a world of its own. Cricket and Rugby were the big ticket teams and you had to be exceptional to even get on the second teams. The school’s standing rested on it. We were a big Rugby school, with Johnny Wilkinson counted among the “Sternians”.
Most of us found a niche, I was a good cross country runner and later when I put some timber on , a good 400m runner.
Outdoor pursuits was my bag and I excelled in CCF and stuff like climbing, kayaking etc.

I didn’t think of it in terms of “cool” or not, you just had to find something you were good at or you were, with the encouragement of the Masters ,blackballed. It was a very competitive, results orientated environment.

Apologies, very off topic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well here it is. Now you can know what you might have won. These are all publicly accessible, not hidden.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw18DXMKsy8zw1Hj50amiE6B

:facepalm:
Not that one you wally, the mythical one mellotron had in his pretend scenario, with the imagined deal that not 1 person on the planet would agree with if it ever existed……try and keep up with the conversation.

Eh? By your own logic you are a lemming, as you voted leave without knowing the first thing about the deal.

And it IS Leaving the EU. The point being you weren’t able to vote for what kind of deal we got, so even if it’s the worst deal ever, it IS what you voted for.

Well no, because I already understood before I voted that my part was solely to give a deciding instruction to stay or leave as indicated by the referendum act in a one off binary vote, and that the executive negotiates international treaties of withdrawal after that, and it’s the job of parliament to decide further on what the executive has negotiated.
But since you have further decided in your scenario that i should vote on a document, i wouldnt mind knowing what is in it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ever the critic, never the composer bravo Simeon bravo [emoji122]
Still bitter after I exposed you as a massive idiot last week it seems. You know, the time after you wrongly pulled up TLO for using the term "Kemp Town", I light-heartedly pointed out that for him to do so was perfectly reasonable and you consequently threw your toys out of your pram.

You'd think an estate agent ought to have knowledge of a local area but even for an estate agent you're too uneducated to even know what ought to be your own business. Remind me which estate agent you work for again so that I don't inadvertently find myself using your obviously crap outfit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A slight different approach

MOTIONS RELATING TO THE UNITED KINGDOM’S WITHDRAWAL FROM AND FUTURE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION
Until 7.00pm

(A) Constitutional and accountable government
Sir William Cash
Sir Bernard Jenkin
John Redwood
Mr Owen Paterson
Priti Patel
Mr Mark Francois
Mr Steve BakerMr Marcus Fysh
That this House respects the will of the people of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as expressed in the referendum of 23 June 2016, on the highest turnout of the electorate for more than 20 years, after this House had passed the Bill leading to the European Union Referendum Act 2015 on 7 September 2015 by 326 votes to 53; recalls that this House authorised the Prime Minister to give notice of the UK’s intention to withdraw from the European Union under Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union by passing the Bill leading to the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017 on 8 February 2017 by 494 votes to 122; re-affirms the decision to repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day which this House took by passing the Bill leading to the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 on 17 January 2018 by 324 votes to 295; decides once again not to approve the Withdrawal Agreement and the Framework for the Future Relationship between the UK and the EU which were rejected by this House on 15 January 2019 by 432 votes to 202 and again on 12 March 2019 by 391 to 242; believes that manipulating standing orders to give precedence over Government business to backbench attempts to legislate on matters of such fundamental importance is unparliamentary and tends to the destruction of constitutional and accountable government; and, notwithstanding the Resolution of the House of 25 March, accordingly makes the following Standing Order-
‘That the following be a Standing Order of the House (Entrenchment of constitutional and accountable government):
(1) This Standing Order may not be amended, repealed, suspended, disapplied or varied in its effect unless a motion to do so is passed without a division, or, if the motion is passed on a division, the number of members who vote in favour of the motion to do so is equal to or greater than two thirds of the number of seats in the House (including vacant seats).
(2) No Order may be made to amend, repeal, suspend, disapply or vary the effect of paragraph (1) of Standing Order No. 14(Arrangement of public business) which provides for Government business to have precedence at every sitting subject to the exceptions for Opposition days, backbench business and Private Members’ Bills in the terms set out in that Standing Order.’

(B) No deal
Mr John Baron
Sir David Amess
Martin Vickers
Stephen Metcalfe
That this House agrees that the UK shall leave the EU on 12 April 2019 without a deal.

(C) Unilateral right of exit from backstop
Mr John Baron
Andrew Percy
Neil Parish
Stephen Metcalfe
Sir David Amess
Martin Vickers
That this House agrees that the UK shall leave the EU on 22 May 2019 with the Withdrawal Agreement amended to allow the UK unilaterally to exit the Northern Ireland backstop.

(D) Common market 2.0
Nick Boles
Stephen Kinnock
Lucy Powell
Andrew Percy
Robert Halfon
Diana Johnson
George FreemanJustin MaddersAntoinette SandbachSeema MalhotraMr Jonathan DjanoglyMr Edward VaizeySir Nicholas SoamesJohn StevensonSir Oliver LetwinSir Mark HendrickHelen JonesMr Ivan LewisRichard BenyonMatt WesternJack DromeySimon HartPaul MastertonJess PhillipsRichard BurdenSteve McCabeNorman LambGraham P JonesChris BryantStephen TwiggLiz McInnesDavid HansonRuth GeorgeRushanara AliShabana Mahmood
That this House –
(1) directs Her Majesty’s Government to –
renegotiate the framework for the future relationship laid before the House on Monday 11 March 2019 with the title ‘Political Declaration setting out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom’ to provide that, on the conclusion of the Implementation Period and no later than 31 December 2020, the United Kingdom shall –
(a) accede to the European Free Trade Association (Efta) having negotiated a derogation from Article 56(3) of the Efta Agreement to allow UK participation in a comprehensive customs arrangement with the European Union,
(b) enter the Efta Pillar of the European Economic Area and thereby render operational the United Kingdom’s continuing status as a party to the European Economic Area Agreement and continuing participation in the Single Market,
(c) enter a comprehensive customs arrangement including a common external tariff at least until alternative arrangements that maintain frictionless trade with the European Union and no hard border on the island of Ireland have been agreed with the European Union,
(d) conclude an agreement with the European Union, which in accordance with Article 2 of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland of the Withdrawal Agreement supersedes the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland in full;
(e) develop and bring to this House proposals for full and fair enforcement of the rule that EEA migrants must be “genuinely seeking work” and have “sufficient resources not to become a burden on the UK’s social assistance system”, in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006;
(2) resolves to make support for the forthcoming European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill conditional upon the inclusion of provisions for a Political Declaration revised in accordance with the provisions of this motion to be the legally binding negotiating mandate for Her Majesty’s Government in the forthcoming negotiation of the future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union.

(E) Respect the referendum result
Will Quince
Dame Cheryl Gillan
Nigel Dodds
Stephen McPartland
Graham Stringer
Frank Field
Lucy AllanMr Richard BaconMr Steve BakerCrispin BluntMr Peter BoneBen BradleySir Graham BradySuella BravermanAndrew BridgenFiona BruceConor BurnsMr Ronnie CampbellSir William CashSir Geoffrey Clifton-BrownMr Simon ClarkeRobert CourtsTracey CrouchPhilip DaviesMs Nadine DorriesSteve DoubleJames DuddridgeMr Iain Duncan SmithCharlie ElphickeGeorge EusticeMr Nigel EvansMichael FabricantCaroline FlintMr Mark FrancoisMr Marcus FyshMark GarnierZac GoldsmithJames GrayChris GreenMr Mark HarperKate HoeyAdam HollowayEddie HughesSir Bernard JenkinAndrea JenkynsMr David JonesMrs Pauline LathamAndrew LewerJulia LopezMr Jonathan LordTim LoughtonCraig MackinlayMrs Anne MainScott MannJohn MannEsther McVeyJohnny MercerNigel MillsDamien MooreMrs Sheryll MurrayPriti PatelMr Owen PatersonTom PursgloveJohn RedwoodMr Jacob Rees-MoggMr Laurence RobertsonAndrew RosindellLee RowleyGrant ShappsHenry SmithRoyston SmithGareth SnellSir Desmond SwayneRoss ThomsonMichael TomlinsonCraig TraceyAnne-Marie TrevelyanMr Shailesh VaraTheresa VilliersDavid WarburtonMr John WhittingdaleSammy WilsonMr William WraggJim ShannonSir David AmessSir Mike PenningSir Robert SymsBob StewartBill WigginBob BlackmanMartin VickersAndrew PercyRobert HalfonDominic Raab
That this House recalls that this sovereign Parliament gave the choice about whether the UK should remain in, or leave, the European Union to the British people in the 2016 referendum, and that in the 2017 election 85 per cent of votes were cast for political parties which committed to abiding by that decision in their manifestos, and therefore reaffirms its commitment to honour the result of the referendum that the UK should leave the European Union.

(F) Participation in a customs union
Gareth Snell
Caroline Flint
Ruth Smeeth
Stephanie Peacock
Jim Fitzpatrick
Justin Madders
Laura SmithMrs Emma Lewell-BuckHelen JonesDerek TwiggToby Perkins
That this House agrees that it shall be the objective of Her Majesty’s Government to take all necessary steps to implement an international trade agreement which enables the United Kingdom to participate after exit day in a customs union with the European Union.

(G) Revocation instead of no deal
Angus Brendan MacNeil
Mr Kenneth Clarke
Keith Vaz
Liz Saville Roberts
Pete Wishart
Geraint Davies
Janet DabyDrew HendryCatherine WestJonathan EdwardsChris StephensBen LakeStewart Malcolm McDonaldMartyn DayJo StevensHywel WilliamsGavin NewlandsTonia AntoniazziNeil CoyleGed KillenCarol MonaghanDr Rupa HuqHelen HayesStewart HosieDouglas ChapmanChris LawStephen TimmsPaul Farrelly
That this House calls on the Government to bring forward urgently any legislation necessary to require the Prime Minister to send a letter to the European Union revoking the UK’s notice of intention to withdraw from the EU under Article 50 of the Treaty of Union given on 29 March 2017, in the event that this House fails to approve any withdrawal agreement four days before the end of the Article 50 period.

(H) EFTA and EEA
George Eustice
Julian Sturdy
Jeremy Lefroy
John Stevenson
Nicky Morgan
Gordon Henderson
Simon HartPeter AldousRobert CourtsNeil ParishScott MannRobert HalfonAndrew PercyGeorge FreemanPaul Masterton
That this House recognises the democratic duty of Parliament to respect the result of the 2016 referendum whilst securing an orderly departure from the EU that preserves the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; notes that the UK is a signatory to the treaty establishing the European Economic Area and has not given notice to leave the EEA as is required under Article 127 of that agreement; further notes that the UK was a founding member of the European Free Trade Association in 1960 and therefore call on the Government to (a) assert its existing rights as a signatory to the EEA, (b) take necessary steps to make our rights and obligations as an EEA member operable on an emergency basis through the domestic courts, (c) apply to re-join EFTA at the earliest opportunity to make the EEA agreement operable on a sustainable basis and (d) decline to enter a customs union with the EU but seek agreement on new protocols relating to the Northern Ireland border and agri-food trade.

(I) Consent of devolved institutions
Ian Blackford
Kirsty Blackman
Stephen Gethins
Peter Grant
Joanna Cherry
Patrick Grady
Hannah BardellMhairi BlackDeidre BrockAlan BrownDr Lisa CameronDouglas ChapmanRonnie CowanAngela CrawleyMartyn DayMartin Docherty-HughesMarion FellowsPatricia GibsonNeil GrayDrew HendryStewart HosieChris LawDavid LindenAngus Brendan MacNeilStewart Malcolm McDonaldStuart C. McDonaldJohn McNallyCarol MonaghanGavin NewlandsBrendan O’HaraTommy SheppardChris StephensAlison ThewlissDr Philippa WhitfordPete Wishart
That this House notes the decisions of the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly on 5 March 2019 rejecting the Prime Minister’s Withdrawal Agreement, Framework for Future Relationship and leaving without a deal; agrees that the UK will not leave the European Union without a deal, and no action for leaving the European Union will be taken without a consent motion passed in both the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.

(J) Customs union
Mr Kenneth Clarke
Hilary Benn
Helen Goodman
Sir Oliver Letwin
Sarah Newton
Yvette Cooper
Jack DromeySir Nicholas SoamesSeema MalhotraRichard BenyonIan MurrayMartin WhitfieldRichard BurdenSteve McCabePaul FarrellyToby PerkinsDavid HansonRuth GeorgeClive EffordRushanara Ali
That this House instructs the Government to:
(1) ensure that any Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration negotiated with the EU must include, as a minimum, a commitment to negotiate a permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union with the EU;
(2) enshrine this objective in primary legislation.

(K) Labour’s alternative plan
Jeremy Corbyn
Keir Starmer
Tom Watson
Emily Thornberry
Valerie Vaz
Mr Nicholas Brown
Seema MalhotraRichard BurdenJack DromeyGareth SnellHelen GoodmanToby PerkinsDavid HansonRuth GeorgeClive Efford
That this House requires Ministers to:
(a) negotiate changes to the draft Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration so as to secure:
(i) a permanent customs union with the EU;
(ii) close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;
(iii) dynamic alignment on rights and protections;
(iv) commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation;
(v) agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases; and
(b) introduce primary legislation to give statutory status to the objectives set out in paragraph (a).

(L) Revocation to avoid no deal
Joanna Cherry
Mr Dominic Grieve
Sir Vince Cable
Liz Saville Roberts
Dr Sarah Wollaston
Mr Ben Bradshaw
Stephen GethinsMr Alistair CarmichaelTommy SheppardDeidre BrockKirsty BlackmanHywel WilliamsChris StephensDouglas ChapmanDr Philippa WhitfordHannah BardellTom BrakeJo SwinsonJamie StoneWera HobhouseLayla MoranTim FarronAnna SoubryMr Chris LeslieChuka UmunnaHeidi AllenMike GapesAnn CoffeyLuciana BergerMr Gavin ShukerAngela SmithJoan RyanMartin WhitfieldIan MurrayPaul FarrellyAnna McMorrinGed KillenRushanara Ali
If, on the day before the end of the penultimate House of Commons sitting day before exit day, no Act of Parliament has been passed for the purposes of section 13(1)(d) of the Withdrawal Act, Her Majesty’s Government must immediately put a motion to the House asking it to approve ‘No Deal’ and, if the House does not give its approval, Her Majesty’s Government must ensure that the notice given to the European Council under Article 50, of the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the European Union, is revoked in accordance with United Kingdom and European Union law

(M) Confirmatory public vote
Margaret Beckett
Peter Kyle
Phil Wilson
Dr Philippa Whitford
Caroline Lucas
Justine Greening
Mr Dominic GrieveSir Vince CableDr Phillip LeeRushanara AliLiz Saville RobertsJohn CryerHilary BennRachel ReevesMeg HillierMary CreaghLilian GreenwoodKate GreenMr George HowarthMr Sam GyimahJoanna CherryIan MurrayGuto BebbMr Paul SweeneyMartin WhitfieldDebbie AbrahamsHeidi AllenDr Rosena Allin-KhanTonia AntoniazziLuciana BergerDr Roberta Blackman-WoodsMr Ben BradshawGraham P JonesMs Angela EagleTom BrakeChris BryantMs Karen BuckRuth CadburyMr Alistair CarmichaelAnn CoffeyAlex CunninghamSir Edward DaveyGeraint DaviesMarsha De CordovaAnneliese DoddsStephen DoughtyRosie DuffieldMaria EagleJonathan EdwardsJulie ElliottTim FarronJames FrithMike GapesPreet Kaur GillJohn GroganWera HobhouseDame Margaret HodgeDr Rupa HuqChristine JardineDarren JonesSarah JonesSusan Elan JonesLiz KendallGed KillenBen LakeNorman LambMr Chris LeslieClive LewisHolly LynchKerry McCarthyMr Pat McFaddenAlison McGovernCatherine McKinnellAnna McMorrinSeema MalhotraSandy MartinRachael MaskellChristian MathesonMrs Madeleine MoonLayla MoranJess PhillipsBridget PhillipsonEllie ReevesLloyd Russell-MoyleJoan RyanMr Virendra SharmaMr Barry SheermanMr Gavin ShukerTulip SiddiqAndy SlaughterAngela SmithOwen SmithAlex SobelAnna SoubryJo StevensJamie StoneWes StreetingJo SwinsonDerek ThomasStephen TimmsAnna TurleyChuka UmunnaCatherine WestMatt WesternHywel WilliamsDr Paul WilliamsDr Sarah WollastonDame Louise EllmanDavid HansonDaniel ZeichnerRuth GeorgeNeil CoyleConor McGinnSteve McCabeMr David LammyStella CreasyAntoinette SandbachRichard BurdenHelen Hayes
That this House will not allow in this Parliament the implementation and ratification of any withdrawal agreement and any framework for the future relationship unless and until they have been approved by the people of the United Kingdom in a confirmatory public vote.

(N) Malthouse compromise plan A
Nicky Morgan
Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg
Nigel Dodds
Kate Hoey
Damian Green
Mr Steve Baker
Simon HartAndrew PercyGeorge FreemanCharlie ElphickeSir Graham Brady
That this House recognises the result of the 2016 referendum namely that the UK should leave the European Union and proposes to do so on the basis of the current draft Withdrawal Agreement including the provisions on the rights of EU citizens living in the UK, the financial settlement and the Implementation Period subject to the backstop solution on Northern Ireland being superseded by an agreement as envisaged in Appendix A of the 11 March 2019 ‘Statement that Political Agreement has been reached’ that establishes alternative arrangements based on existing customs procedures and EU Regulations on a permanent footing to ensure the absence of a hard border on the island of Ireland while protecting the integrity of the EU’s internal market and the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom.

(O) Contingent preferential arrangements
Mr Marcus Fysh
Mr Steve Baker
Priti Patel
Dr Julian Lewis
Richard Drax
Mr William Wragg
Julia LopezSir David AmessLee RowleyMr Richard BaconAndrew BridgenSir Bernard JenkinMrs Sheryll MurrayMr Owen PatersonMr Simon ClarkeMr David JonesSir Geoffrey Clifton-BrownRobert Courts
That this House directs that in case the UK is unable to implement a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, Her Majesty’s Government shall seek to agree immediately and preferentially with the EU:
(a) a trade agreement and/or joint notification of trade preference covering 100 per cent of goods traded between the UK and EU under which no tariffs or quantitative restrictions will be applied between the parties and full cumulation of rules of origin which shall apply for a period of up to two years after the UK leaves the EU notwithstanding that these arrangements may be superseded or extended by further mutual agreement;
(b) a standstill period of mutual recognition of standards and conformity assessment for up to two years in which the UK will ensure compliance in the UK with the EU legislative acquis as adopted in Retained EU law under the EU Withdrawal Act on the day the UK leaves the EU notwithstanding that these arrangements may be superseded or extended by further mutual agreement;
(c) a customs arrangement consisting of advanced trade facilitation measures that enables and makes full and widespread use of simplified and subsidised procedures to perform customs and regulatory declarations and associated control processes away from UK/EU borders; and
(d) make provision for the payment of sums to the European Union in amounts equivalent to the UK’s current net annual financial contribution to the EU for up to two years in respect of the above agreements and arrangements.

(P) Contingent reciprocal arrangements
Mr Marcus Fysh
Mr Steve Baker
Priti Patel
Dr Julian Lewis
Richard Drax
Mr William Wragg
Julia LopezSir David AmessMrs Sheryll MurrayTheresa VilliersMr David JonesMr Richard BaconSir Bernard JenkinAndrew BridgenMr Simon ClarkeRobert CourtsAdam HollowayChris GreenMr Owen PatersonSir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown
That this House directs that in case the UK is unable to implement a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, Her Majesty’s Government shall at least reciprocate the arrangements put in place by the EU and or its Member states to manage the period following the UK’s departure from the EU, so as to mitigate and avoid disruption, and shall unilaterally guarantee EU citizens’ rights

I will have (B) + (C),plus a side order of egg fried rice,and chinese curry sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here