Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
i wonder how this is even possible, with so many options. what is the official party line on them, when they come from the MPs?

as an aside, i hope one of the outcomes of this debacle is MPs taking more authority, both in running of parliament and not being so beholden to their parties.

I hope so too, but whipping MPs is not the way to go about it. I can see more resignations coming up.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
i wonder how this is even possible, with so many options. what is the official party line on them, when they come from the MPs?

as an aside, i hope one of the outcomes of this debacle is MPs taking more authority, both in running of parliament and not being so beholden to their parties.

Interesting point. The issue is (I guess) whether this spells the end for a 'disciplined' 2 party system in the traditional sense (and this means the effectively end of single party, strong government) OR whether it's a one-off occasioned by a unique combination of a minority government and a matter of huge constitutional and political importance that transcends precedence and convention (And throw in a spectacularly useless PM and a Speaker who is leveraging the situation as much as possible - you have maybe a once-in-history mix.)

My guess is that if the next election delivers a healthy majority to one party, that we will revert to the norm. But is the system capable of delivering a government with a healthy majority and are MPs going to be comfortable with returning to lobby fodder status after running the show?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Option F and Option J are the same ?

Which is why John Bercow will whittle them down.

Personally, I think all the MPs should be locked in the HoC and not let out until they sort the whole thing. No meals, just water to drink. .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't you want to be well informed? Are you against Freedom of Speech? What do you know about the love of God?
I don't know why they simply don't put you on ignore, or avert their eyes from your twitter posts if they find them so unpalatable ???

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is darts a sport or a skill, personally I would say a skill, same with golf this upsets all my fat golf and dart playing mates ....

I’ve always classed them as “games” or “passtimes”.

As an aside, not all sports are team sports. I was your archetypal “runt” as a child but ended up teaching rock climbing for a living in my twenties, having never been picked for so much as an informal game of rounders.
The one time I was picked for the cricket team I forgot to put my box in place and received a ball right in the cluster from the best fast bowler in school. I’ll never forget his name, Lester Culley. It still strikes fear into my pants to this days. But that’s boarding school for you!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't know why they simply don't put you on ignore, or avert their eyes from your twitter posts if they find them so unpalatable ???

Yes, I said that, but they obviously like to sit in their corners mumbling into their beers. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not sure the darts team counts :)

:lolol:

I find his this nerdy/sports thing totally and utterly bizarre. I’m not totally sure what his point is.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Except all your comments just will remind you of the old joke in Europe circa 70/80 often heard in Germany.Our bankers did what our army couldn't conquer Europe.

Real rib tickler, got any more?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Going by the reaction some of them have had previously to being put on ignore, I think the psychological trauma of rejection on the Internet by someone you've never met by being put on ignore is a very much a two-way street and can't be touched in any circumstances.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I find his this nerdy/sports thing totally and utterly bizarre. I’m not totally sure what his point is.

rankles you doesn't it, whereas you sneeringly correcting posters grammar (which is naff) or depicting them as pub landlord (which is fine) doesn't me and there you have it :bigwave:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I would think the population , taken as a whole would show that more kids were not picked for teams than were. That’s simple mathematics. I also think the majority of people grow up and embrace sports away from the ridiculous but perfectly natural hierarchy of school sports teams.
In other words, not being picked for teams has no bearing on sportsmanship or “nerdiness”.
Personally I think of kids who dedicate their entire free time to sports as nerds of a sort.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am outta here .......

As in the words of Tom Hardy in the film Legends, 'I come ere for a f***ing shoot out, a proper shoot out, with some proper men, like colonel Custer, Jeronimo and I end up with @HerrTubthumper, @Thunderbolt, [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION]' :bigwave:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] you haven't become a tipster now have you .... 'remember when the fun stops, stop'.

23/04/2016
Think Obama's words will be the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to undecided voters IMO. Was expecting the result to be very close to either side but now think it's going to be 60+% to remain.

Top dredging of posts fella! I wonder how differently things have turned out to how you thought in 2016?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here