Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That is the saddest things I’ve seen in a long time and is possibly one of the better reasons to support Brexit :shrug:

There’s a petition going now to get them to release it as a single wth funds raised going to the people’s vote campaign.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
May loses again. Keep this up and she could be the next Palace manager.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh my! Parliament " taking back control ". Common sense slowly reappearing!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brexiters: "Take back control!"
Parliament: "OK."
Brexiters: "No, not like this!"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
May loses again. Keep this up and she could be the next Palace manager.

I know but realistically which politician would and could have taken the job and done a better job? Anyway, now we’re going to get a series of votes that will unite parliament and sort this mess out. Best of 2 I hear and if it’s 1:1 then we’ll just have another vote. Or amendment. Or agreement. Or vote to agree on an amendment. Or an amendment to agree on a vote. To extend things a bit longer. Either way Parliament is united that something should happen. Soon. ish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But what if the Commons ultimately allows a form of Brexit? There’s no evidence that this is moving things to a scrap of Brexit altogethet or a second referendum, from what I understand.
It means that there is now collective responsibility for any outcome rather than May running the shitstorm. And with that, common sense should prevail.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A “no-deal” scenario
In a “no-deal” scenario, the UK will become a third country without any transitionary arrangements. All EU primary and secondary law will cease to apply to the UK from that moment onwards. There will be no transition period, as provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement. This will obviously cause significant disruption for citizens and businesses.
In such a scenario, the UK's relations with the EU would be governed by general international public law, including rules of the World Trade Organisation. The EU will be required to immediately apply its rules and tariffs at its borders with the UK. This includes checks and controls for customs, sanitary and phytosanitary standards and verification of compliance with EU norms. Despite the considerable preparations of the Member States' customs authorities, these controls could cause significant delays at the border. UK entities would also cease to be eligible to receive EU grants and to participate in EU procurement procedures under current terms.
Similarly, UK citizens will no longer be citizens of the European Union. They will be subject to additional checks when crossing borders into the European Union. Again, Member States have made considerable preparations at ports and airports to ensure that these checks are done as efficiently as possible, but they may nevertheless cause delays.

There's you go to all you project fear looneys. There it is in black and white from the EU.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It means that there is now collective responsibility for any outcome rather than May running the shitstorm. And with that, common sense should prevail.

I can’t see the factions in the Commons coming ultimately to a conclusive agreement (think e.g. the wildly different views on the EU of the DUP, Rees-Mogg, Umana, Corbyn, Soubry, SNP). Hope I’m wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All along, I wondered if the ERG were being incredibly stubborn/overly confident in that they would only support a harder Brexit than the Government/EU had came up with, and that they might one day rue forever turning down that offer.

No one ever seemed to discuss that.

Until it was just discussed on Newsnight. We may now end up with a soft Customs Union type Brexit.

Rees-Mogg, Bone, Cash, Davis, Duncan-Smith nearly had in their grasp all they’d sought all their political lives, but instead strode for Brexit perfection.

They are highly unlikey to ever get anywhere near that ever again, their sniffiness blew it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here