Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
His point is - whatever economic catastrophe befalls us, post-Brexit, they'll always find something else to tenuously blame it on.

(Obviously that's the point he HAS made, rather than the one he intended...)

Thanks for interpreting....
I was struggling to understand the connection

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Job losses worldwide.

On the day that employment rose to a record high of 32.93 million and average weekly wages in the UK have reached their highest levels (adjusting for inflation) since before the financial crisis it's obviously slim pickings to find any negativity directly related to Brexit.

Looks like London at the centre of the storm

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-02-18...meaningful-job-losses-uk-london-headquarters/

Financial services is shedding a lot of jobs global, Brexit just pours oil on troubled waters.

Glad to see you finally making a vaguely positive comment about Brexit :thumbsup::D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think one of the most painful way Leave voters will be educated is those with pensions invested in industries and banks that are going to go under over the next five years.

As I’ve stated before. There’s a lot of people with some very nasty surprises heading their way.

D

Deleted member 22389

On the day that employment rose to a record high of 32.93 million and average weekly wages in the UK have reached their highest levels (adjusting for inflation) since before the financial crisis it's obviously slim pickings to find any negativity directly related to Brexit.

Glad to see you finally making a vaguely positive comment about Brexit :thumbsup::D

The bank said the coronavirus outbreak has caused significant disruption to its activity in China and Hong Kong and expected losses as a result.

:thumbsup:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Despite the Corona virus.
Where are the trade deals that would come the day we leave the EU that were promised?
What has happened with the US trade deal?
What is happening with the Canadian style deal?
What is happening with the required customs infrastructure?
What is an Australian style deal?
Wheres my ****ing Unicorn?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The bank said the coronavirus outbreak has caused significant disruption to its activity in China and Hong Kong and expected losses as a result.

:thumbsup:

'The bank is also facing the impact of the coronavirus, the UK's protracted withdrawal from the European Union and historically low interest rates around the world'

'Addressing the impact of coronavirus, HSBC said the full effect had not been fully accounted for in its latest earnings, raising the possibility that it could increase the amount it expects the outbreak to cost the bank'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think one of the most painful way Leave voters will be educated is those with pensions invested in industries and banks that are going to go under over the next five years.

As I’ve stated before. There’s a lot of people with some very nasty surprises heading their way.

You think some banks will go under due to Brexit ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Where are the trade deals that would come the day we leave the EU that were promised?

Deals with 20 counties have already been agreed. The EU has deals with 40 countries so 50% of the way there less than three weeks after we left seems good going.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You think some banks will go under due to Brexit ?

I wouldn't expect ordinary banks to go under due to Brexit but unless we get a special deal I would fully expect many financial institutions leaving The City in the next year-18months.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn't expect ordinary banks to go under due to Brexit but unless we get a special deal I would fully expect many financial institutions leaving The City in the next year-18months.

Financial services is our golden lever. This sector alone makes up over 7 per cent of your GDP, around 9 per cent of our exports and 11 per cent of all tax receipts, and around half is with the us. We have an incredibly strong position in these trade talks. Gonna be fun watching Boris balls being crushed.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Deals with 20 counties have already been agreed. The EU has deals with 40 countries so 50% of the way there less than three weeks after we left seems good going.

Are the global behemoths of trade ie The Palestinian Authority, The Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, Georgia, Pacific States, Tunisia, Andean countries, Lebanon and Morocco part the 20?
What sort of deal with the EU?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only 92% to go!

Shirley, that can't be true. [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] wouldn't lie about the trade deals being 50% complete, would he ???

(Just got in from dinner and can't be arsed, but I'll have a look in the morning :thumbsup:)

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are the global behemoths of trade ie The Palestinian Authority, The Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, Georgia, Pacific States, Tunisia, Andean countries, Lebanon and Morocco part the 20?
What sort of deal with the EU?

Some on here still drinking that snake oil and it ain't working

Yes and these 20 are merely continuity deals. The big guns have all said we can't keep our existing deal, a new one is needed that is more in their favour

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There are some positive things with Brexit, there has to be. Just a real pity none of the leaver contributors can offer anything, talk to the Moggy and James Dyson they've done OK so far...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Some on here still drinking that snake oil and it ain't working

Yes and these 20 are merely continuity deals. The big guns have all said we can't keep our existing deal, a new one is needed that is more in their favour[/QUOTE]

That's cold hard fact and we must get used to it......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here