Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You really have a talent for telling people who the are haven’t you, bravo sir [emoji122]

And you, sir, have an amazing talent for writing gibberish. No surprises there, eh? :)

(Maybe it would help clarify things in your mind, if you were to see the nature of the post I was responding to....but I doubt it. :) )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
many remainers .... have no emotional connection to, or love, of their own country.

Even in a mammoth thread, chock full of utter crap, that is a statement worthy of special attention. What a pathetic, ignorant thing to claim.

Remain voters with no love of their country, or ‘connection to it’ (what does that even mean?) would just sulk and carry on, as best they could, in the face of this government’s illegitimate, catastrophic course of action.

Those who care deeply about the country (ALL of it, by the way - you know - the Union?) are refusing to give up without doing everything they legally and democratically can, to minimise the damage.

Jan 30, 2008
I love my country. I love it for being an inclusive, forward-thinking country, which relishes the chance to be a big part of an even bigger part.
You? You just want to step back in time and live on (dubious) past 'glories'.
You have no connection at all with what this country is about, yet you direct the word 'imbeciles' at those that do.
Take a long, hard look at yourself, and see what it is you actually think you are standing for.
Fool.

We don't need to be a part of a club we're more than capable of looking after ourselves ,we don't need ever closer absorption into the EU ,loosing our national identity is not the way forward that's why the vote was to leave the EU ,sorry to piss on your paradeTimmy
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As are very many remainers, democracy denying imbeciles that have no emotional connection to, or love, of their own country. If you have no overall control of your country then you become subservient to whomever has the power to control you.

If we go ahead with a hard / no deal, no idea Brexit we won't have a country anymore. The Union of Europe is the glue that holds our own Union together

That said England all alone, isolated and insular is probably what you want anyway...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If we go ahead with a hard / no deal, no idea Brexit we won't have a country anymore. The Union of Europe is the glue that holds our own Union together

That said England all alone, isolated and insular is probably what you want anyway...

I fear s/he will struggle with such a nuanced argument.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Can we reach 150,000 before Halloween?

The way the hysteria, panic and vitriol is building on here, I wouldn't be surprised.
On another note, is it the end of this wretched and ugly thread come midnight 31st October, should we leave or will it just linger and fester for years, with Leavers jumping on every bit of good news as justification for going and likewise Remainers taking advantage of every bit of negativity to show their discontent.
If that is the case, then it serves no purpose and should be just archived and like it or not, we all get on with the rest our lives.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The way the hysteria, panic and vitriol is building on here, I wouldn't be surprised.
On another note, is it the end of this wretched and ugly thread come midnight 31st October, should we leave or will it just linger and fester for years, with Leavers jumping on every bit of good news as justification for going and likewise Remainers taking advantage of every bit of negativity to show their discontent.
If that is the case, then it serves no purpose and should be just archived and like it or not, we all get on with the rest our lives.

I wish it could be done... but this will affect the rest of our lives so we are unlikely to let it go.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Makes you feel kinda warm inside, doesn't it?

I'm sure that Merkel, Macron et al feel the same gooey fuzziness.

Only for each other and their pact for ' ever closer co-operation ' as the two big hitters within the EU protect themselves from future pressures from less advantaged member demands.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Makes you feel kinda warm inside, doesn't it?

I'm sure that Merkel, Macron et al feel the same gooey fuzziness.

Sounds like you are trying to divert away from the subject. The reality is, you want to leave one Union to destroy our own.

Put that on the side of ya big red bus...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
[/B]
I wish it could be done... but this will affect the rest of our lives so we are unlikely to let it go.

There is no question that we will go through a 2-3 year period of difficulty, most people accept that. Lets wait and see what develops beyond that, once internal taxation changes are made, business re-investment is underway and some prices are different at retail level. Its a waiting game but its not necessarily all negative.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Do make sure you point it out when there is some :lolol:

Midnight on 31st October ? Maybe you could use the streamers and party poppers left over from midnight on 30st March and midnight on April 12th :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here