Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brexiteers getting proper didgy now. They know with BJ at the helm Brexit is dead in the water. A very sweet day. A very sweet day indeed.

They also know that their biggest excuse ("But the people in charge weren't proper Brexiters!") is also now gone. And if there's one thing many Brexiters seem to love it's the ability to pass the buck and blame someone else for their problems.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
so you dont think with a leaver at the helm, the same withdrawal agreement might get the nod from the hardline brexiteers?

Seems unlikely with all the fuss raised over the "Irish Backstop". I agree some of the hardline brexiteers might like to find a way that they can now vote for it without looking stupid.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Now, as you know, I hate to repeat myself, but in the post you quoted, [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] made the following edits to my posts before then quoting them to try and justify himself.

In response to a question of why we wouldn't get 'no deal' I said

Which, our friend pasta, before quoting, managed to edit to

The next quote

Which he managed, before quoting, to edit to

All of which I pointed out to you, the last time you tried to use the same post from pastafarian using all his edited quotes to make the same claim that I said differently :yawn:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=8775116&viewfull=1#post8775116

Now I'm not surprised in the least at pastafarian editing posts and then quoting them, lying in a pathetic attempt to prove how clever he is.

But I didn't think you would be taken in so easily. After all, it's not as if you have a history of being ridiculously naive and taken in by the first snake oil salesman who comes along, is it :facepalm:

It does seem that somebody on here does indeed, have a terrible memory :lolol:

Time for a game of spot the difference ...

Watford zero said:
As much fun as the last couple of weeks of whataboutism has been, the choice is still the same as the day after the referendum, and will still be the same tomorrow

1. Softest of soft Brexits
2. Another vote
3. No deal

Watford zero said:
the only choices are the same as they always were

1.Softest of soft Brexits.
2.Cancel article 50.
3. WTO no deal.

.... can you see any differences between the choices that were 'the same as they always were'? ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I can (kind of) understand this. But more mysterious might be the votes from those who thought they'd be (somehow) 'better off'. I just can't see the thought processes (calculations) that could have been behind this. Perhaps there simply weren't any Welsh Leavers who fall into this category! I guess - sheep/lamb industry aside - it's not that much different from the 'left-behind 'areas of England that did so. But the Scots and Northern Irish seemed to have more sense.

Wales votes to leave by a majority of just over 5%
Final totals: Leave 52.5% (854,572), and Remain 47.5% (772,347)
22 local authority areas in Wales - 17 vote Leave, five vote Remain
Turnout: 71.7% (1,628,075
)

That can't be right ... according to some on here, Brexit is just an English nationalist, public school, Conservative and Unionist party, gammon, Etonian <insert trope here> project. It can't be true that Wales voted to leave as did over a million Scots ... can it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not much to do with Brexit, but I see Failing Grayling has to admit that there's been another rise in the cost of the Crossrail project. It's now more than 20% over budget and expected to rise some more - hardly surprising seeing that it's under Grayling's remit. While it has nothing to do with Brexit, it does show that the magic money tree that Johnson thinks will solve all his Brexit problems is already being stripped bare

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
That can't be right ... according to some on here, Brexit is just an English nationalist, public school, Conservative and Unionist party, gammon, Etonian <insert trope here> project. It can't be true that Wales voted to leave as did over a million Scots ... can it.

That's what Farage has done. Most Brexiteers refer to England not the UK, Britain etc

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The new Leader of the Bollox to Brexit party confirms she wouldn't accept the result of a second referendum if it was to leave and would try to block it. The undemocratic loon party plumbs new depths ... only accepts a democratic result if they get their way.

Someone really needs to report the Liberal 'Democrats' to the electoral commission about their name ...

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The new Leader of the Bollox to Brexit party confirms she wouldn't accept the result of a second referendum if it was to leave and would try to block it. The undemocratic loon party plumbs new depths ... only accepts a democratic result if they get their way.

Someone really needs to report the Liberal 'Democrats' to the electoral commission about their name ...

She would act in way following the pledges she was voted in on. Scotland wants to remain. Dry your panties Footy 'genius'.

Stop showing yourself up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She would act in way following the pledges she was voted in on. Scotland wants to remain. Dry your panties Footy 'genius'.

Stop showing yourself up.

:lolol:

Does he still dub himself 'bringer of truth'? ???

I have a theory that humility and having a tiny penis are incompatible, biologically.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Unbelievable that Politicians like her think they can ignore a referendum, and now she admits she'd do it again. I think she needs to remember that Politicians are meant to serve the people, and seeing as the people want to leave the EU, she needs to accept that.

Must admit this is the most interesting political period I can remember. Normally pretty tedious.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Time for a game of spot the difference ...

As much fun as the last couple of weeks of whataboutism has been, the choice is still the same as the day after the referendum, and will still be the same tomorrow

1. Softest of soft Brexits
2. Another vote
3. No deal

the only choices are the same as they always were

1.Softest of soft Brexits.
2.Cancel article 50.
3. WTO no deal.

.... can you see any differences between the choices that were 'the same as they always were'? ???

So after two days of going through each of the very sizeable number of posts where I have listed the three options over the last 3 years (discarding the ones that pastafarian had edited then quoted) that is the sum total of what you have come up with ?

I'm glad you haven't wasted your time. It's a fair cop, slap the cuffs on :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unbelievable that Politicians like her think they can ignore a referendum, and now she admits she'd do it again. I think she needs to remember that Politicians are meant to serve the people, and seeing as the people want to leave the EU, she needs to accept that.

Must admit this is the most interesting political period I can remember. Normally pretty tedious.

Out of interest what do you think about the question you were asked here https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?374219-Johnson-or-Hunt&p=8999860&viewfull=1#post8999860 ?

What do you think Johnson is going to do, re-brand Mays plan or go for 'no deal' ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Is it right that parliament will only sit for 57/8 days until 31 Oct? Will the con conference be aborted to gain more days?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Watch the video first JC before you go all Daily Mail will you…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think it’s quite admirable that she wants to save stupid people from themselves. You’ll thank her one day.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just got this feeling Boris will down the throw NI under the bus, have them remain in the SM / CU to solve Irish border issue and then call a GE. The hope is the English nationalists will jump back on board with the Tories and Boris can beat Corbyn. More troubles in NI, Scotland demand Indy ref 2 but price to deliver Brexit

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Just got this feeling Boris will down the throw NI under the bus, have them remain in the SM / CU to solve Irish border issue and then call a GE. The hope is the English nationalists will jump back on board with the Tories and Boris can beat Corbyn. More troubles in NI, Scotland demand Indy ref 2 but price to deliver Brexit

..................:smokin: makes no sense in English.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got this feeling Boris will down the throw NI under the bus, have them remain in the SM / CU to solve Irish border issue

That of course was the original plan before Arlene and her merry men got wind of it. It's a hard plan to sell, it will need a lot of Labour MPs to support it (and I'm not sure that Kate Hoey would be one of them)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely it's not down to a view of a poster on NSC what will happen next. What the 'bods in charge' decide is the way forward is what the way forward will be.

But who are the bods in charge? Johnson? Farage? Parliament?

FWIW I am a remainer but not a "remoaner". The change in Prime Minister doesn't really change a thing. We have a lame duck deal, a parliament that won't accept no deal and now has very little chance of being prorogued and a PM who's saying all the things that Brexiteers want to hear but might not even have a majoirty to deliver it. So much can happen between now and 31 Oct I don't believe anyone knows what will happen or are actually "in charge".

I have come to the conclusion that a second referendum is slightly less likely and I am less and less in favour of the idea as we get closer to d-day. It won't make the Brexit Party go away and the country will end up split right down the middle once again. Brexit is making politics interesting but also toxic.

For my money the most likely outcome is some kind of "managed no deal". Once out Farage is marginalised. If half the shit I think will happen in that situation does then the "bods in charge" in the spring will probably be Corbyn. Aaron Banks will see his dream of a de-regulated British Singapore disappear in an onslaught of taxes, regulation and nationalisation and the EU won't be able to do a damn thing about it. Plus, if it kicks off in Northern Ireland there will be an IRA sympathiser in number 10.

Don't say you haven't been warned :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here