Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
See they’ve pushed the start date for import controls from July the 22nd next year to November 22nd. I wonder if they can kick this particular can down the road all the way til after the next election. Cos this is when the British public are really gonna realise what they voted for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
See they’ve pushed the start date for import controls from July the 22nd next year to November 22nd. I wonder if they can kick this particular can down the road all the way til after the next election. Cos this is when the British public are really gonna realise what they voted for.

Taking back control with no customs border, great news if you're on EU exporter to the UK and an unfair advantage over UK business

Oh f**k business, they knew what was coming

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Taking back control with no customs border, great news if you're on EU exporter to the UK and an unfair advantage over UK business

Oh f**k business, they knew what was coming

But it's not just EU exporters to the UK getting their Brexit benefits from Britain's complete lack of Import Controls,

Tax cheats and smugglers will also continue to benefit :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought there was going to be a " phased introduction of border controls from Jan 1 2022? And from that time the Duty Free limits were going to be enforced? once we have managed to employ and train enough Customs Officers of course.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought there was going to be a " phased introduction of border controls from Jan 1 2022? And from that time the Duty Free limits were going to be enforced? once we have managed to employ and train enough Customs Officers of course.

And put in place the Infrastructure, designed and built the systems, processes etc :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But it's not just EU exporters to the UK getting their Brexit benefits from Britain's complete lack of Import Controls,

Tax cheats and smugglers will also continue to benefit :facepalm:

Interesting how the Irish got everything ready on time for Jan 1 2021, established new trade routes from southern Irish ports more or less from scratch. Little surprise the NI protocol is working so well (Vote Leave governments worse nightmare)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why aren't Brexiters demanding the Brexit they voted for as described in the below clip? Food would be cheaper, taxes lower, energy prices lower

[tweet]1464157267767578627[/tweet]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why aren't Brexiters demanding the Brexit they voted for as described in the below clip? Food would be cheaper, taxes lower, energy prices lower

[tweet]1464157267767578627[/tweet]
Why aren't we all demanding it ?

I want it for sure.

We were all told they'd "Get it done".

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Why aren't we all demanding it ?

I want it for sure.

We were all told they'd "Get it done".

This clip is so gloriously and hopelessly wrong in jut about every claim that it's almost a parody. It would be hilarious - if it wasn't so awful. The British people (well enough of the to vote Yes) were fooled, ripped off and tricked by this nonsense. The snake-oil salesman like the vile Dan Hannan should be confronted with their lies on every occasion.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I know how annoying it must be when some of us keep banging on about the lack of 'Brexit winners'. So, in the interest of providing an evidence-base and balanced approach to these matters, I've found one.
Rosslare Europort has increased it's volume of ferries from 3 to 30 per week since Brexit. Fair play: that's amazing. A true winner if ever there was one.

So - apologies to JCFG and the lads. There are two side to every story.

Oh, hang on. Turns out that Rosslare is in the ROI. However, that's still in the British Isles, so I still reckon that this is a British winner!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know how annoying it must be when some of us keep banging on about the lack of 'Brexit winners'. So, in the interest of providing an evidence-base and balanced approach to these matters, I've found one.
Rosslare Europort has increased it's volume of ferries from 3 to 30 per week since Brexit. Fair play: that's amazing. A true winner if ever there was one.

So - apologies to JCFG and the lads. There are two side to every story.

Oh, hang on. Turns out that Rosslare is in the ROI. However, that's still in the British Isles, so I still reckon that this is a British winner!

I'm a little confused here by this post. Is it a winner or not?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Seems like voters are increasingly unimpressed by Brexit.......

I wonder who amongst a tiny number of the terminally faithful responded to this poll with 'Brexit is going very well'? Why would anyone think that? Are they the allusive 'Brexit winners' we have been searching for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxd_Ue5ov8

Thanks as always for 'Is it PotG's' 'secret' thumbs up; I begin to believe he has a secret answer to one or more of these questions......

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008

I wonder who amongst a tiny number of the terminally faithful responded to this poll with 'Brexit is going very well'? Why would anyone think that? Are they the allusive 'Brexit winners' we have been searching for?

Thanks as always for 'Is it PotG's' 'secret' thumbs up; I begin to believe he has a secret answer to one or more of these questions......

Good news is bad news

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/28/britain-and-israel-to-sign-trade-and-defence-deal

Regards
DF

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Alas no, but unlike your good self and Watford GAP, I am rapidly learning that lost art of the post 'edit'

If I was paranoid and didn't know better, it might even be the same person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here