Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So that voters have the opportunity to vote for or against an actual 'deal' (or no deal if that is the best Boris and chums come up with)?

They have already voted to leave and have left the MPs to do the best deal possible but the MPs prefer to do what suits them best irrespective Voters should NOT have the opportunity to vote on the actual deal as they dont with every other decision made by parliament.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ah, yet another delightful homespun tale about Brexit related encounters. Perhaps you should write a book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_class

Is this link the best you can do? (I recall some of your strictures about over-reliance on The Guardian, but this offering is hardly heavily-laden with empirical or theoretical insights.)
Please take the classes in 'Research Methods 101'.:)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why don't you get Deutsche bank in on the Brexit blame that's your usual mantra

My usual mantra? You are mistaken, deluded or both. However, I would really love to witness the conversation you might have with those made vulnerable as a direct result of this Brexit mess... or are you in complete denial about it?

By the way, have you decided yet what Brexit would suit you and all your fellow 'Leave enthusiasts'?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
They have already voted to leave and have left the MPs to do the best deal possible but the MPs prefer to do what suits them best irrespective Voters should NOT have the opportunity to vote on the actual deal as they dont with every other decision made by parliament.

...but what if they sincerely believe that the best deal is no Brexit? Are MPS who hold that view obliged to lower their denominator to 'damage limitation'?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On an unusual foray into town for sustenance last evening it was remarked upon as to how full the bars and pubs were with folk spending cash and having fun. Things don't appear TOO difficult right now.

Not that many years ago Brighton would be rammed Thursday through to Monday nights

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Just under 6% of our land is actually built on. It is a common problem that people exaggerate the amount of room this island has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41901294
In Brighton and Hove, it's 40% according to that website. Immigrants don't want to live in the middle of nowhere, they want to live in the SE. Look at the crazy building schemes being proposed in Sussex.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Most decisions made by any sitting Government can be reversed by the electorate at the next General election however we don't have this luxury as the effects of the eventual deal will have no cause of redress unless the eventual deal is put back to the public to check that's what they want

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Most decisions made by any sitting Government can be reversed by the electorate at the next General election however we don't have this luxury as the effects of the eventual deal will have no cause of redress unless the eventual deal is put back to the public to check that's what they want

However you wont get that vote will you!

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The sun will rise in the east, set in the west and you will be spending far too much time on here being silly :thumbsup:

Silly, quite possibly. But always correct about what has happened and is going to happen at every stage of this complete clusterf*** though :wink:

But you stick with your hopeful fantasy of the working class hero Johnson getting elected, delivering a 'no deal' Brexit and showing those 'political classes' exactly what's what :laugh:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
My usual mantra? You are mistaken, deluded or both. However, I would really love to witness the conversation you might have with those made vulnerable as a direct result of this Brexit mess... or are you in complete denial about it?

By the way, have you decided yet what Brexit would suit you and all your fellow 'Leave enthusiasts'?

Come on WO your cover is broken with that last question. How many more imaginary friends do you have. Gaze into your crystal ball

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Labour leaders going on again about a 2nd referendum but as yet nobody has shown a reasonable justifiable reason why there should be a 2nd one other than the fact the MPs dont want to sign off the wishes of their constituents and the country in general.

Those who voted to Leave last time did for a variety of reasons, however many of them have been shown to be flawed and once again on this thread I will point to the official Vote Leave literature which stated we would only leave with a deal, so leaving with No Deal is not what anyone voted for in 2016 and such a massive, nation-changing activity should only be undertaken with a popular mandate. I should add that even if you don't accept any of that the mandate from 2016 is now over three years old, a point at which most countries are either having or preparing to have another round of elections to determine the current political mood of the nation.

I would counter that I've yet to hear anyone come up with a convincing argument against a second referendum which doesn't boil down to "my preferred choice won last time and I don't want to risk it being taken away from me", which is a really, really terrible way to run a supposedly democratic country.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Those who voted to Leave last time did for a variety of reasons, however many of them have been shown to be flawed and once again on this thread I will point to the official Vote Leave literature which stated we would only leave with a deal, so leaving with No Deal is not what anyone voted for in 2016 and such a massive, nation-changing activity should only be undertaken with a popular mandate. I should add that even if you don't accept any of that the mandate from 2016 is now over three years old, a point at which most countries are either having or preparing to have another round of elections to determine the current political mood of the nation.

I would counter that I've yet to hear anyone come up with a convincing argument against a second referendum which doesn't boil down to "my preferred choice won last time and I don't want to risk it being taken away from me", which is a really, really terrible way to run a supposedly democratic country.

Will you also point out David Camerons leaflet to every household at the same time?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Come on WO your cover is broken with that last question. How many more imaginary friends do you have. Gaze into your crystal ball

You really are deluded...
Sad.

... but no answer? I am not surprised .... because you have no answer.... do you Portslade seagull?

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Is this link the best you can do? (I recall some of your strictures about over-reliance on The Guardian, but this offering is hardly heavily-laden with empirical or theoretical insights.)
Please take the classes in 'Research Methods 101'.:)

In fairness, it did provide him with a sort of prop to help him avoid answering the question.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here