Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Hunt could get himself into a right pickle on this one. He either ring-fences the £x billion for farmers/fishermen in which case there will be questions asked as per yours - especially as the numbers employed in those primary sectors are relatively small. Or he 'opens it up' to other impacted sectors in which case

a) it would be an admin nightmare (where do you draw the line?)
b) the figures would be horrendous - or so negligible that there would be no mitigation
c) it raises expectations that would be impossible to meet
d) it could raise issues with regards to unfair state subsidies with...……..the WTO

This is making stuff up on the back of a fag packet IMHO.

Why are we sending any money to fisherman/farmers who voted for Brexit?

They voted for it so they should deal with it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why are we sending any money to fisherman/farmers who voted for Brexit?

They voted for it so they should deal with it.

I’m fence on this. There’s pluses and minuses on EU membership but, I have to say, that post is staggeringly daft.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
This is such a bright remainer star of a thread. It will fun reading the next three/four months.

Definitely. Almost as much fun as the 3/4 months leading up to 31st March :lolol:

But I'm guessing that having been taken in so completely last time, surely no one is going to be that naive or stupid again, are they ? :laugh:

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ive seen a few people lately posting more brexit bullshit. That line about, we joined a trade block, not a political bloc etc etc etc...
Not true. Memories seem to be a bit selective. For a start, why would people have voted against it in the first place if it was just joining a trading bloc.
Seriously, when will leavers stop telling bare-faced lies?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My Daughter is training for a job in the Post Office, she’s been telling me about the restrictions that will come in if we enter into a no deal scenario. Any post outside of the UK will be a lot slower, and a lot more expensive. That’s to anywhere, because all our treaties that allow unrestricted post are under the auspices of the EU. All foreign exchange will cease, you will not be able to buy foreign currency in this country, again due to us no longer being participants in EU treaties.

Please Leavers, don’t try and tell me this is project fear, this is what Royal Mail are preparing their staff for.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
My Daughter is training for a job in the Post Office, she’s been telling me about the restrictions that will come in if we enter into a no deal scenario. Any post outside of the UK will be a lot slower, and a lot more expensive. That’s to anywhere, because all our treaties that allow unrestricted post are under the auspices of the EU. All foreign exchange will cease, you will not be able to buy foreign currency in this country, again due to us no longer being participants in EU treaties.

Please Leavers, don’t try and tell me this is project fear, this is what Royal Mail are preparing their staff for.

They are a privatized company, If they cannot fulfill the customers needs then there will be another company happily waiting to take their place. Brexit or no Brexit...

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
ive seen a few people lately posting more brexit bullshit. That line about, we joined a trade block, not a political bloc etc etc etc...
Not true. Memories seem to be a bit selective. For a start, why would people have voted against it in the first place if it was just joining a trading bloc.
Seriously, when will leavers stop telling bare-faced lies?

fco 30/1048............dummkopf

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They are a privatized company, If they cannot fulfill the customers needs then there will be another company happily waiting to take their place.

You don’t understand, the country as a whole needs to be signatories of the relevant treaties, if the country as a whole isn’t, those treaties are null and void to that particular country. If we leave under a no deal arrangement we cease to be a member of the EU at midnight on tv 31st October 2019 and those treaties along with approximately 750 others are history for this country.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They are a privatized company, If they cannot fulfill the customers needs then there will be another company happily waiting to take their place. Brexit or no Brexit...

So the Post Office is bound to international trading law but another company wouldn’t be? Do you understand why some people have the impression Brexit hasn’t really been thought through?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jesus. And to think we get told off if we call leavers idiots.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You don’t understand, the country as a whole needs to be signatories of the relevant treaties, if the country as a whole isn’t, those treaties are null and void to that particular country. If we leave under a no deal arrangement we cease to be a member of the EU at midnight on tv 31st October 2019 and those treaties along with approximately 750 others are history for this country.

Which is exactly why we won't be going 'no deal' on October 31st.

It’s a complete fantasy in exactly the same way us leaving with 'no deal' was a complete fantasy on March 31st.

I made this clear 3 years ago and all the various leave posters were insisting I was wrong and we would leave. So here we are, i've been proven correct twice and will be proven correct again on October 31st.

I really can't be arsed to find the posts but anyone who has been on this thread from the beginning knows. It's not even as if I've had to be clever to predict the outcome at every stage. A little common sense is all that is required. It just seems that is way beyond the abilities of a significant number of Brexit supporters.

And, in case that is not clear enough 'WE WILL NOT LEAVE ON OCTOBER 31ST WITH NO DEAL' despite what you are told.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
fco 30/1048............dummkopf

Dummkopf? How very European of you.
so the people that you believe lied to you, fco 30/1048, are the people you want to give unfettered power to now?
Good plan!

Attachments

• 1__pb84WVaLi7szCWMhC3iBA.jpeg
    1__pb84WVaLi7szCWMhC3iBA.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 109

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I repeat....Dummkopf! It was hidden from the people that the final destination was full abdication. You can protest as much as you like. There is evidence out there, The interested look. The blind listen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not sure if anyone picked up on this over the weekend.

Brandon Lewis chairman of the Tories announcing that the UK and Switzerland agree to a transition trade deal, that was agreed 6 months ago.

What has fails to tell us that it doesn’t include services and will mean our large trade surplus will be wiped out.

Great work, and another own goal...

Capture.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Question for the Brexiteers...

In the event of no deal will there be tariffs on our Blue Passports that are made in Poland?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Can you prove any of these facts , all I see are pages and pages of speculation founded on the remain biased media you cling onto
regards
DR

All I see is pages and pages of you posting bullshit and lies from the Express. Lapping it up and repeating the slogans like a brainless automoton.

Cling to those slogans. They may well be all you have.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hunt has promised to prop up the Farming sector with state aid. Why wouldn’t he therefore prop every other impacted sector up as well?

Also has promised to bail out the fishing industry, the industry that so desperately needed Brexit apparently.

You really can't make this sh1t up

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Dummkopf? How very European of you.
so the people that you believe lied to you, fco 30/1048, are the people you want to give unfettered power to now?
Good plan!

Believing paranoid conspiracy theories and that they were 'betrayed' by the 'establishment' - very high prevalence rates for both in a lot of Brexit voters I'm afraid and no known cure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here