Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It may help if the British actually eat what we catch apart from Cod,Haddock and a few other species like Prawns.
The Europeans love to eat almost anything that comes out of the sea and it is healthy and delicious and we send it too them because they want it.
It may also help if the fishermen are what they catch as well.
Living in Plymouth but also visiting many other fishing ports from time to time, Looe and Newly for example, I see them, in the cafes eating pies and meat, never see them eating fish.
Totally the opposite in France and Spain.
Sea fishermen are a very strange lot, especially the Cornish ones.

Possibly an economy issue with many as generally fish is quite expensive and much cheaper forms of meat can be bought if feeding a family. Obviously this isnt the case with those that eat what they catch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Possibly an economy issue with many as generally fish is quite expensive and much cheaper forms of meat can be bought if feeding a family. Obviously this isnt the case with those that eat what they catch.

Yes fish can be expensive, especially species like Turbot and Monkfish.
But we do also have delicious Mackerel and Herring, we eat Plaice but not a great deal all of these are plentiful in the sea, especially Mackerel.
We have a large fish processing factory in Plymouth and also a very busy fish dock with a market, always loads of French and Spanish trucks lining up and straight on the ferry to France and Spain.
I wonder how no deal will affect those 2 businesses, maybe it won't, trouble is no bugger knows but plenty having a guess or just making it up as they go along.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know that in a supermarket I can buy a piece of sirloin steak at much the same price as cod fillet and much less than my favourite skate or Wray. a it usually is. I like Kippers and smoked mackerel but am not a great lover of either basic herrings or mackerel.

birthofanorange

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I know that in a supermarket I can buy a piece of sirloin steak at much the same price as cod fillet and much less than my favourite skate or Wray. a it usually is. I like Kippers and smoked mackerel but am not a great lover of either basic herrings or mackerel.

Fairly indecipherable, but fascinating, nonetheless.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The infrastructure down here in North Kent is at breaking point as it is. One event trashes everything.

We have massive new housing projects going on that will double the population of Faversham over the next 10 years, and this itself will cause massive problems.

Not just North Kent you regionalist.

South of the A/M20 the east/west links by road are terrible. The train line is much better. There is so much house building taking place in towns with a railway station which is going to make those roads pretty grim. You then have rail commuters up the line who aren't going to understand why trains are more rammed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not just North Kent you regionalist.

South of the A/M20 the east/west links by road are terrible. The train line is much better. There is so much house building taking place in towns with a railway station which is going to make those roads pretty grim. You then have rail commuters up the line who aren't going to understand why trains are more rammed.

I was trying to defy the normal rubric of NSC and restrict my comments to something about which I have genuine knowledge and experience :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was trying to defy the normal rubric of NSC and restrict my comments to something about which I have genuine knowledge and experience :lolol:

Yeah I know.

Just you wait until that new River Thames crossing is done and then there's a problem closing it. South Essex can join the fun too.

How do you get to home games now? A26?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah I know.

Just you wait until that new River Thames crossing is done and then there's a problem closing it. South Essex can join the fun too.

How do you get to home games now? A26?

I cut through country:

route.PNG

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

That looks like it takes you through busy body, nothing else better to do, speed control weirdos with their speed guns in Heathfield.
They clocked me doing 35 in a 30, I got a letter from Sussex police saying not to be so naughty but they can also do nothing about it.
They were standing on the grass verge on a Sunday morning.
Just a warning, be very careful.
I went back 2 weeks ago and they were there again, I checked that there were no cars behind me and went past at 5mph.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's amazing how the blinkered few can't see the pattern.

Brexit Party say X will be better after Brexit.
Someone does a short Google search to find that isn't the case.
By which time Brexit Party have moved onto something else.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
That looks like it takes you through busy body, nothing else better to do, speed control weirdos with their speed guns in Heathfield.
They clocked me doing 35 in a 30, I got a letter from Sussex police saying not to be so naughty but they can also do nothing about it.
They were standing on the grass verge on a Sunday morning.
Just a warning, be very careful.
I went back 2 weeks ago and they were there again, I checked that there were no cars behind me and went past at 5mph.

I really resent the buggers that do that, they’re sometimes out where I live. Like you I either slow to 5 mph ish and give them my best wide smile! Or if it’s been a long day I stick my fingers up at them. (Under the window so they can’t see)

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
It may help if the British actually eat what we catch apart from Cod,Haddock and a few other species like Prawns.
The Europeans love to eat almost anything that comes out of the sea and it is healthy and delicious and we send it too them because they want it.
It may also help if the fishermen are what they catch as well.
Living in Plymouth but also visiting many other fishing ports from time to time, Looe and Newly for example, I see them, in the cafes eating pies and meat, never see them eating fish.
Totally the opposite in France and Spain.
Sea fishermen are a very strange lot, especially the Cornish ones.

Yeah, I gather spider crab is rather tasty, but I've never tried it because all ours is exported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here