View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
742. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

    514 69.27%
  • Leave

    199 26.82%
  • Wouldn’t vote

    29 3.91%
Page 8947 of 9125 FirstFirst ... 794784478847889789378944894589468947894889498950895789979047 ... LastLast
Results 89,461 to 89,470 of 91248
  1. #89461
    We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Rape of Hastings
    Posts
    10,946


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, and as posted before, the reluctance for the remain side to accept the result, and try to move forward with the best scenario possible of compromise (probably similar to May's deal) was treated with scorn and ridicule. Probably, in hindsight, might have been better to go with that rather than this path of self-destruction.

    Fighting the result hoping it might just go away possibly wasn't the best plan.
    Blame remoaners/always the victim, never your fault.
    Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
    In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
    Yea, Sussex by the sea!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #89462
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      614


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am not retired, I don't ever see that being on the agenda as I love working and achieving goals.

      So you are wrong on that front.

      Come on Lever even you couldn't fail to laugh if Rory's feet and head were poking out under big bad Boris while he is wearing a leotard with 'i'm the daddy' splashed across his back.
      I apologise unreservedly for assuming you are retired. It does seem that you work out of choice though, so maybe retirement age? Perhaps not under threat of unemployment? Perhaps not working primarily out of necessity?
      I think I enjoy a good reputation for having a keen sense of humour, even if the joke is at my expense; but trust me, I find little humorous about an Eton schooled, Bullingdon bully bearing down on another privileged Eton boy in a contest which decides who leads our good people to an unknown, frightening destination.
    • #89463
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      26,111


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I still think that had Leaver Corbyn told his troops to back May's deal, it might have gone through.
      it would, he's playing party politics trying to force an election. which he cant win and we're back to this all again under a hung parliament.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #89464
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      1,276


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This subsequent recession and job losses and Armageddon in general.....any idea which areas will be hit hardest job-wise? Manufacturing, banking, clerical, baking?
      YOU, voted for it ! You tell me ?
    • #89465
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Dangerously close to Surrey
      Posts
      2,533


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This subsequent recession and job losses and Armageddon in general.....any idea which areas will be hit hardest job-wise? Manufacturing, banking, clerical, baking?
      According to the CBI the biggest impacts will be felt on small-to-medium businesses which primarily deal with manufacturing. This then has knock on issues into the supply chains of larger firms. Services will also take a hit if the UK leaves the Single Market as we have a lot of exports to Europe in that field.

      Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?
    • #89466
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      1,276


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most people seem able to have a reasoned debate without resulting to 'tedious' or stupid'. You need to grow up.

      Back to the point, as in any transition there are +s and -s. My point, should you care to listen, is that once Brexit was won in the referendum, the process of change might have been easier had it been accepted earlier. By spanners in works and sabotage linked delays, the inevitable transition is thus more difficult.

      Still, gives an easier blame target I guess.
      Do you not read or understand what posters on here have explained in posts on even the last couple of pages ?
      Had the hard line brexiteers in parliament NOT voted against the exit deal put in front of them four 4 times we would have already have left ! But of course it was not Brexity enough for them was it ? I have even stated on this forum in the past couple of months that had May's deal been offered on June 22nd 2016 they would have snatched her hands off, but by getting their tiny win majority they want the hardest of hard Brexit regardless of who gets hurt by this course of action. I wonder why ? Maybe they themselves are the only group who have anything to gain, I do not know of anyone else who will benefit from this course.
    • #89467

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed, and as posted before, the reluctance for the remain side to accept the result, and try to move forward with the best scenario possible of compromise (probably similar to May's deal) was treated with scorn and ridicule. Probably, in hindsight, might have been better to go with that rather than this path of self-destruction.

      Fighting the result hoping it might just go away possibly wasn't the best plan.
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Blame remoaners/always the victim, never your fault.
      Blame Remainders? I think you will find it is the Arch Brexiters who have really screwed it up in recent weeks. As a remained myself, I would have accepted the May deal reluctantly as the least worst deal. It's the likes of Rees-Mogg who made it really difficult in my view in that May was seeking to pander to them but never able to satisfy them.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.
    • #89468
      Members Mouldy Boots's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      O U T
      Posts
      10,526


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I apologise unreservedly for assuming you are retired. It does seem that you work out of choice though, so maybe retirement age? Perhaps not under threat of unemployment? Perhaps not working primarily out of necessity?
      I think I enjoy a good reputation for having a keen sense of humour, even if the joke is at my expense; but trust me, I find little humorous about an Eton schooled, Bullingdon bully bearing down on another privileged Eton boy in a contest which decides who leads our good people to an unknown, frightening destination.
      Like I have said in the past to survive in this world we have to be adaptable and not one dimensional, it's good to be out of the comfort zone, no one ever achieves their potential in this zone. So go out and explore and that precisely what we will be doing under Brexit, we will grow as a nation and have some control over our destiny.

      How exciting.

      Why the hatred for the Eton boys it's not their thought they had wealthy parents, I have mixed with all types over the years, and generally, the mega-rich with their feet on the ground are a great bunch, yes you have a few self-made w++kers around but you also have some average earners who are w++kers.

      I judge on personality more than wealth.

      I once went out with a girl who's parents were mega-rich, it didn't work out though as the cries of tally ho wore a bit thin well on the gravy strokes.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
    • #89469

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed, and as posted before, the reluctance for the remain side to accept the result, and try to move forward with the best scenario possible of compromise (probably similar to May's deal) was treated with scorn and ridicule. Probably, in hindsight, might have been better to go with that rather than this path of self-destruction.

      Fighting the result hoping it might just go away possibly wasn't the best plan.
      You mention May's deal and the reluctance of the remain side to accept it as being the cause of the UK's trashed reputation. The government and its ally have a working majority in the House of Commons, sufficient to ensure that it can normally go about its business. It hasn't been able to get the May deal through because of rebels on its own side. These rebels are primarily Brexiteers. Why therefore do you blame Remainers?
    • #89470

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just like we did on March 29th. Oh wait.
      Just like we did on April 12th Oh wait.
      Just like we did on May 22nd. Oh wait.
      Don't worry it's happening you can come out from underneath the bed on the 31st of March 2019
      regards
      DR

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •