View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
850. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

583 68.59%
  • Leave

236 27.76%
  • Wouldn’t vote

31 3.65%

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On this one I'm going for the stupidity explanation rather than the conspiracy one. I watched the press conference and when the question on the NHS was directed at Trump you could tell he was (as per) disarmingly under-briefed and just answered off the top of his head.

Of course I'm not saying that he won't want to get his grubby hands on the NHS, it's just that he didn't really understand the question. Had he been briefed he'd have at least pretended (i.e. lied). I think the world has yet to fully grasp that in many ways he has the brain of a 5 year old with his own private world. He is staggeringly ignorant: I suspect he doesn't know what the initials NHS stand for, yet alone the values which underpin it or the attachment of the British people to these. And he wouldn't care even if he did.
    You may be correct, in which case the most important thing Theresa May could have done in her final act as Shit Prime Minister is to convey to Trump how important the NHS is to the British people.

Watching the footage of the press conference you could be forgiven for thinking the NHS had never even come up in their joint meetings when - in reality - it should be at the top of the UK's agenda re any future trade deal with the USA. If the USA thinks everything is up for grabs - including the NHS - then the Tory Party is dead in the water.

I found it quite chilling to watch him say those words while our moribund MP stood meekly by. I'm no fan of Corbyn but I don't think he - or any Labour PM for that matter - would have allowed Trump to be in a position to have made the reply that he did.
    "Unlawful, void and of no effect"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Banned

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post
      Can you reveal what DR stands for?
      Who are the mods here? They really need to stop that. Either that or one has to conclude that they condone this viewpoint. In which case I will be no part of a community which endorses this.

The Brexit Thread

0 Not allowed!
      The ERG’s new paper shown up to be a load of fanciful ****ing nonsense. What a ****ing shock. Laying the groundwork for a less ridiculous Johnson plan to be presented. Scheming little *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      The ERG’s new paper shown up to be a load of fanciful ****ing nonsense. What a ****ing shock. Laying the groundwork for a less ridiculous Johnson plan to be presented. Scheming little *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Can you provide a link or reference lease? The latest thing I saw on their site was a Jeremy Hunt one.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Can you provide a link or reference lease? The latest thing I saw on their site was a Jeremy Hunt one.
      It's all here - http://www.politeia.co.uk/how-to-lea...e5b8-189695053

No back stop, no £39 Billion, a transition period without ECJ jurisdiction, before a nice FTA with The EU and if they won't do that we'll just grass them up to The WTO
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I largely agree. It will be interesting to see how hard the same effect hits Labour as well. If the EU election pattern solidifies, then we may have Farage instead of Boris as PM.
      Don't be so daft, Farridge as PM, haha, That man has not one scrupulous cell in his body, he has spent his entire political life pissing into the tent and whenever he has been called to act on his convictions he has either ran away (2016 referendum result) or not turned up, unless to cause unrest and trouble as an MEP, talk about shit or get off the pot eh ? That charlatan would be off like the proverbial long dog the minute there were any real responsibility to be had. His whole purpose is to rabble rouse, which if anyone who is gullible enough to believe in him would soon discover, unless, blinded by their desire to attain his desired utopian destination. Farridge ? you are having a laugh.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      The Brexit Party candidate for Peterboro sounds like another "man of the people"...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-profiteering
      Good article.

People who register their names multiple times but differently on Companies House are always up to no good:

“He is registered at Companies House under the name Michael Thomas Greene as a director of 11 trading firms. Under another name, Mike Greene, he is registered as a former director of E&J Ground Rents No4 llp. Examination of signatures on company documents appear to confirm they are the same person.”

What a horrid ****!
      :guitar:

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by golddene View Post
      Don't be so daft, Farridge as PM, haha, That man has not one scrupulous cell in his body, he has spent his entire political life pissing into the tent and whenever he has been called to act on his convictions he has either ran away (2016 referendum result) or not turned up, unless to cause unrest and trouble as an MEP, talk about shit or get off the pot eh ? That charlatan would be off like the proverbial long dog the minute there were any real responsibility to be had. His whole purpose is to rabble rouse, which if anyone who is gullible enough to believe in him would soon discover, unless, blinded by their desire to attain his desired utopian destination. Farridge ? you are having a laugh.
      You are probably right. I mean, just think, imagine the Americans electing someone idiotic, for instance Donald Trump? Nah it'd never happen.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      You are probably right. I mean, just think, imagine the Americans electing someone idiotic, for instance Donald Trump? Nah it'd never happen.
      If we are being honest here there really is no "probably" about it is there ? As for the American electorate, you really couldn't make it up could you ! Any half decent democratic candidate who could have stood up to and faced down the innuendo, misconceptions and half truths in what really was the ultimate dirty campaign would have probably won their presidential election ! There are so many similarities between that campaign and our referendum isn't there ? Almost as if both were designed by the same people ? Weird eh ?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post
      Can you reveal what DR stands for?
      There is no need for him to do so. Before the mods changed his name to Pretty pink fairy he posted on here as DAS REICH (and it was in capitals) for years.

Incredible really, and to my mind he should have been banned rather than given a supposedly humiliating username.