Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Why do you try and seize the moral high ground and why do you repeatedly tell people who wish for a Remain outcome they should relinquish their principles 'so we can all live in peace'?

When a referendum is held, you go with the most votes, not against it.
It's just not democratic, to go against the grain, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
I assume you have never been in business before, as the chin seems quite fragile.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
LeaveEU told they won't face any criminal charges just days after Cressida Dick was told she was going to be a Dame.
Apparently no longer facing criminal charges automatically means they didn't break electoral rules (they did and have been fined) or that courts haven't previously ruled that the result would have been void if it was legally binding due to lies and electoral fraud (they did it would have been voided).

Beyond belief.

Arron banks sending a letter demanding the electoral commission CEO to resign was an absolute corker. Did he forget his campaign was fined after independent review caught them cheating with their spends? Hahaha.

Leavers are like baby birds waiting for the next liar to spew in their mouth. They'd still say it was for their own good...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Leave EU told they won't face any criminal charges. Oh dear ! :lol:

Oh well, no criminal charges after all, technical breaches of regulations in electoral rules, the same as the lib dems and the official remain campaign from their referendum breaches when the electoral commission fined them.
Some people will be disappointed there is not a criminal prosecution especially as some had decided they were guilty of the allegations even before the police had completed their investigation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh well, no criminal charges after all, technical breaches of regulations in electoral rules, the same as the lib dems and the official remain campaign from their referendum breaches when the electoral commission fined them.
Some people will be disappointed there is not a criminal prosecution especially as some had decided they were guilty of the allegations even before the police had completed their investigation.

There was 'insufficient eveidence' to prosecute.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When a referendum is held, you go with the most votes, not against it.
It's just not democratic, to go against the grain, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
I assume you have never been in business before, as the chin seems quite fragile.

In the UK, a referendum is advisory, so it carries the same value as an opinion poll.
If it had been passed as binding, it would have needed a super majority of more than 70%, so a 52/48 split wouldn't have carried.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I agree with you, insufficient evidence to warrant a criminal prosecution and now appropriate to take no further action.
Im sure Mr Banks is pleased his cries of not guilty have been vindicated.

The Metropolitan police have announced they will take no further action against the Leave.EU campaign for spending offences in the Brexit referendum, despite accepting that it broke the law.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Metropolitan police have announced they will take no further action against the Leave.EU campaign for spending offences in the Brexit referendum, despite accepting that it broke the law.

Yep, insufficient evidence for a criminal prosecution. Technical breaches of regulations of electoral law, in the same way that the lib dems and the official remain campaign were fined by the electoral commission for their breaches of electoral law during the referendum. The electoral commission covers this sort of stuff.
But don’t fret there is still the NCA investigation into Banks separate from the Met. Mind you, as the judge who threw out that court case summarised in his ruling, for a court to interfere in the democratic process of a non binding referendum if breaches were found to be proven, the minimum requirement under common law would be proof of material gain to affect the result, as there is no evidence at all that there is any material gain there is nothing to believe the outcome of the referendum would have been any different if the breaches had not occurred.

D

Deleted member 2719

In the UK, a referendum is advisory, so it carries the same value as an opinion poll.
If it had been passed as binding, it would have needed a super majority of more than 70%, so a 52/48 split wouldn't have carried.

Whether it is binding or not, the public voted for Brexit.

So having a second referendum won't achieve anything because no side will win by 70%, wasting even more money, when we could be spending it.
Surely the remainers could change the law as they have been consistently doing to suit their personal agendas, time they listen to the public.
They really do need to let this go now.

D

Deleted member 2719

Corbin, does anyone really want this man as PM?

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-09-14-07-04-12.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-09-14-07-04-12.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 94

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with you, insufficient evidence to warrant a criminal prosecution and now appropriate to take no further action.
Im sure Mr Banks is pleased his cries of not guilty have been vindicated.

Insufficient evidence DOES NOT mean not guilty. It means they don't have sufficient evidence to be confident of a potential conviction.

This is akin to the Jay Rodriguez Gaetan Bong thing where not proven was taken by Rodriguez fans to be a vindicating not guilty. It most certainly was not.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whether it is binding or not, the public voted for Brexit.

So having a second referendum won't achieve anything because no side will win by 70%, wasting even more money, when we could be spending it.
Surely the remainers could change the law as they have been consistently doing to suit their personal agendas, time they listen to the public.
They really do need to let this go now.

One of the reasons for voting to leave was about the Sovereignty of Parliament and not being dictated to by Brussels. Now Johnson and Cummings are doing all they can to ignore and bypass that Sovereignty and the decisions it brings.

Oh, the irony!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Corbin, does anyone really want this man as PM?

I don't want him as Prime Minister, but I would prefer him to the lazy arrogant self-serving hypocritical buffoon who is doing the job now.

Edit: I forgot lying and duplicitous.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I worked for them.

What part of my statement isn't true? Are you putting 2+2 together?

You know perfectly well that your post strongly implied the possible charges were dropped because Dick got an honour or vice versa. I know that 2+2 make four, you've managed to make five though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't want him as Prime Minister, but I would prefer him to the lazy arrogant self-serving hypocritical buffoon who is doing the job now.

I have absolutely no confidence in Corbyn.
But I believe at least he'll screw me (us) over for genuine reasons, and not just because he and his cronies can make themselves more money.

How the fudge did it come to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here