Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I hope it isn't a case of someone on benefits with nothing to lose thinking things will get better, because that couldn't be further from the truth.

You can be damn sure food prices are going up but your benefits won't be upped to compensate for it. Even people on benefits will lose out.

Do we really believe a conservative government will dig us out of this hole by spending? The opposite.

I'd be more comfortable with a no deal with Labour in charge. Because they have social conscience. Tory way will make average joes foot the bill for their own recklessness.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This is the most negative, miserable thread on the whole of the internet.

It is a thread about a very negative decision / process, that has led to huge divisions in our society. Of course it is bloody miserable.

Feel free to start a cheerful thread discussing sunshine and unicorns if it cheers you up.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is the most negative, miserable thread on the whole of the internet.

Personally I am optimistic that eventually the good people of this country will realise they have been duped by Brexiteer opinion formers and ultimately good sense and harmony will be restored.
It may take time and we will need to go through the bad stuff first though....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OK, that's what you don't want. Good start with a nice couple of red lines :thumbsup:

So how would the 'good deal' be set up to achieve that ?

Come on then [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], you've added yet more red lines. Do you want to suggest a 'good deal' solution that would meet your red lines or are you simply happy to add more red lines to this complete clusterf*** and then shout that it's somebody else's responsibility to find a solution?

It does seem to be a common theme amongst Brexiteers. I've told you my opinion, now it's someone else's responsibility to source the unicorns :facepalm:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fixed it for you.

Before anyone dares jump on the attack defending not all leavers are racist... I agree. But comments like that definitely are.

Taken straight out of the mouth of Trump.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone has ever disputed that Ppf is an anti-Semitic, nazi supporting pathetic old racist who lives on benefits and spends his whole time whining about how he hasn't had what he is entitled to from the state and how everyone else is more successful than him (in particular, immigrants).

And there was you worrying that you may have offended someone , you silly old snowflake :wink:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I know you advise people over challenging Parking Tickets, do you find the letter of the law or the spirit of the law more useful?
Sometimes the spirit of the law prevails. I was in court this week and the Judge was convinced on a point I argued based on the spirit of the law only, and dismissed the parking claim on the spot.

Not sure how that helps this thread but cheer up all remainer doom and gloom mongers and have some faith in this country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Complete and utter scaremongering.

'The Department of Health has confirmed that the checks would take place'

And it's in The Times......

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sometimes the spirit of the law prevails. I was in court this week and the Judge was convinced on a point I argued based on the spirit of the law only, and dismissed the parking claim on the spot.

Not sure how that helps this thread but cheer up all remainer doom and gloom mongers and have some faith in this country.

Crickey: I thought we were dealing with Rumpole of the Bailey for a minute there. But I agree with you - and wasn't it the Supreme Court which actually made things more difficult for the leaving process that May's government wanted? They were then vilified by the press as traitors!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I have faith in this country. I have faith that Parliament is sovereign not a minority government led by a lunatic who wants to act like Charles I.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

.... as in a religious belief based on hope but no verifiable evidence?
Is that how you operate in the courtroom?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Crickey: I thought we were dealing with Rumpole of the Bailey for a minute there. But I agree with you - and wasn't it the Supreme Court which actually made things more difficult for the leaving process that May's government wanted? They were then vilified by the press as traitors!

... they didn't believe hard enough, obviously.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A deal that neither means different rules apply to different parts of the UK nor ties us into something we need EU permission to get out of.

Unfortunately (for the Brexiters) you don't get to pick and choose which parts of international treaties you've already signed you choose to abide by.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I was wondering if an employer has an employee that suddenly becomes ineligible to work in the UK on Oct 31st, whether they would be able to argue that the law was not created to stop people in this circumstance from working and could argue that it was not in the spirit of the law to end that persons employment. I think they might have a case, not so sure it would be the same if they hired someone after 31st October that had no legal right to work, but did have before 31st October.
It would give some weight to your opinion that EU citizens would be fine on 1st of November if you think this is the route employers would take, rather than just saying, they will be fine.
It would be good if someone of your intellect could take the time to explain to those of us who are concerned about things, how you think the issues could be resolved, so it is disappointing when you just offer your bald opinion with no reasoning. I am sure the Judge that was persuaded by you that the spirit of the law should be taken into account in order to dismiss the parking fine, would not have been persuaded by a simple, "it's not in the spirit of the law" statement.

Rees-Mogg, now leader of the house of commons. https://www.metro.news/rees-mogg-eu-nationals-will-have-no-right-to-stay/1215909/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I’m not sure greasing a few scrotes out of parking tickets they probably deserved makes for particularly cheery news.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have faith in this country. I have faith that Parliament is sovereign not a minority government led by a lunatic who wants to act like Charles I.

I am not sure which country I am being asked to have faith in, if it is the UK, then I can't be sure it will even exist in a few years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here