Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just settle it with a milkshake throwing contest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You said that Remainers wanted to make a second referendum complicated so the Leave vote would be 'watered down'

The thing is, I fully believe that if the poll was put to the public, with exactly the same question as posed previously, you would still get exactly the same result, or possibly even an increased majority to Leave, that's why Remainers who desire a second referendum want to make it so complicated and with so many options that the Leave vote would become watered down.

Maybe any second referendum, if there were one, should remove Remain as an option, and just spell out the options for Leave.

I pointed out there is a very simple way to achieve this without 'watering down' the leave vote and gave you a link to it

It's easy to have a second referendum with the 3 options Remain, TM's Deal and No Deal without splitting the leave vote (or as many options as you want). It really isn't complicated :shrug:

It's here

You then, obviously without reading what I posted, got it completely wrong but stated it was because I was 'desperate to win'

They you go, my point exactly, you have split the leave options in two... You really are desperate to win, aren't you!

I then asked you to read what i posted and, since you didn't manage it before, i copied the relevant part into my post, relating to an alternate vote.

There is an explanation on the first post if you are capable of reading it. I have copied it here in case you have trouble linking to another thread

If you went with those options I think you need to allow people to have 1st choice and 2nd choice, otherwise the leavers vote will be split between 2, so you could have a result of 48%, 26%, 26% (matching the original referendum) and then wonder what the **** you're supposed to do next.

If you have 1st choice and 2nd choice, then one of the leave options would get dropped, with those voters putting their 2nd choice towards the remaining 2 options. Then we'd get a result.

Actually, I think that's a pretty good option going forward. It seems better to me than going forward with something that most people haven't actually voted for. You can't really argue it's not democratic.

This explanation was actually put together by someone who voted leave and wanted to ensure that the leave vote wasn't 'split' unfairly.

Either look at it again and see if you can understand it, or get someone to explain it to you :facepalm:

You then actually read it, realise you are completely wrong and start a string of insults

I’m sorry, I hadn’t seen the post you refer to.

Clearly I can read, as otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to reply to previous posts.

My ability to read also tells me you are an obnoxious ****, and that people like you, who think being arrogant and rude is the way to win an argument, are the very reason the Remain vote lost...

Now crawl back under your stone unless you care to apologise!

Why do I get the feeling I've been here before so many times on this thread :rolleyes:

You say something stupid and I point out it's stupid (twice in this case). You finally realise it was stupid, so respond with a string of insults. It's just all so predictable :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
After 3 years of watching various Leave voters going round in circles getting increasingly angry that they haven't got Brexit, I will try to help and explain in simple terms what you need to do in order to get your Brexit. It really isn't that complicated.

The referendum was won by a small majority.

The Government which are trying to implement Brexit also have a small majority.

There are two feasible options for Brexit,
1.'No deal' and a Border in NI,
2 A deal with a Customs Union, (you can call it 'backstop' if you prefer).
(Note: I said feasible, there are huge financial, infrastructure, lead times, economic and political issues associated with the first option, so we will stick with feasible).

There are three 'groups' of leavers
1 'No Deal',
2 'Customs Union'
3 'Don't care/understand'

These three groups need to agree which Brexit they want in order to maintain the small majorities from the referendum and in parliament. If you keep on voting against one another, you will not maintain any majority you had and you will not get Brexit.

The EU, Remainers, Squealing Pigs © [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] , Undemocratic Loons © [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] , could not stop Brexit if you could simply agree what it is you want. The only people stopping Brexit are yourselves :shrug:

Hope this helps

Carry on

According to a survey of all 650 MPs carried out by the Press Association ahead of the referendum on June 23:

:: 480 MPs said they would be voting Remain, including 184 Conservatives

:: 159 MPs said they would be voting Leave, including 139 Conservatives

:: 11 MPs were undeclared, including four Conservatives

This gives Remain a notional Commons majority of at least 310.

Even if every leaver MP decided on one choice they wouldn't have a majority ..... remainers are definitely part of the problem, hope this helps.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
According to a survey of all 650 MPs carried out by the Press Association ahead of the referendum on June 23:

:: 480 MPs said they would be voting Remain, including 184 Conservatives

:: 159 MPs said they would be voting Leave, including 139 Conservatives

:: 11 MPs were undeclared, including four Conservatives

This gives Remain a notional Commons majority of at least 310.

Even if every leaver MP decided on one choice they wouldn't have a majority ..... remainers are definitely part of the problem, hope this helps.

It seems, rather like I stated, that the very small majority from the referendum is reflected in a very small majority in Government. This small majority said they would deliver Brexit, but each time it goes to a vote Brexit supporting MPs vote against it (and there is an outcry each time from a set of leave voters that this isn't what we voted for).

Whether you like it or not, Brexit supporting MPs and their Leave voting constituents are the ones that are stopping Brexit each time :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You said that Remainers wanted to make a second referendum complicated so the Leave vote would be 'watered down'

I pointed out there is a very simple way to achieve this without 'watering down' the leave vote and gave you a link to it

You then, obviously without reading what I posted, got it completely wrong but stated it was because I was 'desperate to win'

I then asked you to read what i posted and, since you didn't manage it before, i copied the relevant part into my post, relating to an alternate vote.

You then actually read it, realise you are completely wrong and start a string of insults

Why do I get the feeling I've been here before so many times on this thread :rolleyes:

You say something stupid and I point out it's stupid (twice in this case). You finally realise it was stupid, so respond with a string of insults. It's just all so predictable :shrug:

As I pointed out, I hadn’t seen your link, clearly you are the one who can’t read!

You were also the one that started the insults, questioning whether I could read, or get someone who could to read it to me...

I, to my chagrin (look it up), then responded in an equally negative fashion.

At no point did I “realise I was wrong” and only RESPONDED with insults in response to yours!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I pointed out, I hadn’t seen your link, clearly you are the one who can’t read!

You were also the one that started the insults, questioning whether I could read, or get someone who could to read it to me...

I, to my chagrin (look it up), then responded in an equally negative fashion.

At no point did I “realise I was wrong” and only RESPONDED with insults in response to yours!

See the bit in Blue that says It's here - That was the clue :)

It's easy to have a second referendum with the 3 options Remain, TM's Deal and No Deal without splitting the leave vote (or as many options as you want). It really isn't complicated :shrug:

It's here

You said that you hadn't seen the POST, not the link even though you responded to it.

And in my second post i said 'Either look at it again and see if you can understand it, or get someone to explain it to you' :shrug:

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No. Democracy is progressing how it designed to here. If you ask a stupid question you will get a stupid answer though and that is what the referendum was, a stupid question.

But surely you can’t put a question out there, in a National referendum, without someone saying, “you know what Dave, that’s a pretty stupid question”. I’m sure the electioral commission might have had something to say about it.

To be honest, for you there wasn’t a stupid question, but a stupid answer - leave.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If the 2016 in/out referendum question wasn't stupid, it was certainly simplistic to the point of stupidity..... and look what confusion and anger it has caused!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35933904

Interesting. Responses to the failing British Steel Company are predictable and we have seen it before with other prominent companies. The reasons for the failure are more complex.

As a Remainer, I am anticipating bad news about services and industries in this country because of Brexit; Leavers assert that, whatever it is that is going under has been on a downward trajectory for some time i.e. Brexit isn't the reason.

It turns out that it isn't what others tell us about these matters, it's what we tell ourselves that counts. Who knew?

Still blaming everything on Brexit then. What about Jamie's restaurants

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Still blaming everything on Brexit then. What about Jamie's restaurants

'Interesting. Responses to the failing British Steel Company are predictable and we have seen it before with other prominent companies. The reasons for the failure are more complex. '

Read it again with an open mind and you will be able to interpret my message more accurately - maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here