Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do find the Express Brexit headlines is an absolutely marvellous and humorous start to the day (if a little heavy on the exclamation marks :wink:). My favourites from today

Liz Truss' £9trillion masterplan: Brexit wonderwoman eyes huge list of new trade deals
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/liz-truss-%c2%a39trillion-masterplan-brexit-wonderwoman-eyes-huge-list-of-new-trade-deals/ar-BB1e9cFa

Brexit could bring back 'cheap duty-free cigarettes of hovercraft days'
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-could-bring-back-cheap-duty-free-cigarettes-of-hovercraft-days/ar-BB1ebMuV

I've included the links in case anybody thought I was making these headlines up :lolol:

Marvellous fun ! trouble is we don't have any Hovercraft running cross channel any more ! One major flaw about the " Benefits " of Duty Free shopping, its a worse benefit than up until 31at dec 2020. UK travellers could bring back pretty much as they liked with only vague limits as to what constituted " personal use " ... 400 Rothmans Duty Free is **** all !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With only 4 weeks until the next lot of regulations come in for NI, Johnson has decided he is unable to implement the solution he put forward for the border in the Irish Sea and is going to unilaterally change it.

UK announces it will unilaterally change Brexit deal with EU, risking new confrontation with Brussels

Boris Johnson’s government has announced that it will unilaterally change a part of the Northern Ireland Brexit deal to better to suit British businesses – risking yet another confrontation with Brussels. While most of Westminster had its eyes on the Budget, ministers announced they would extend a grace period for UK supermarkets and suppliers to adapt to new trade barriers across the Irish Sea.

Supermarkets in Northern Ireland have struggled with supply issues since Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal came into force on 1 January – but the problem is expected to worsen when an existing grace period ends. The temporary relaxation of checks had been due to expire at the end of this month.

The EU says it is not possible for the UK to unilaterally change a deal it has already signed and ratified. Ignoring the international agreement would likely be a breach of international law, echoing the showdown over the UK’s Internal Market Bill last year. The EU and UK had been discussing the issue at the so-called “joint committee” set up to govern the deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-change-uk-eu-latest-b1811909.html

With everyone concentrating on the budget, Johnson decides to break International law again. I can't see what could possibly go wrong :facepalm:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With only 4 weeks until the next lot of regulations come in for NI, Johnson has decided he is unable to implement the solution he put forward for the border in the Irish Sea and is going to unilaterally change it.

UK announces it will unilaterally change Brexit deal with EU, risking new confrontation with Brussels

Boris Johnson’s government has announced that it will unilaterally change a part of the Northern Ireland Brexit deal to better to suit British businesses – risking yet another confrontation with Brussels. While most of Westminster had its eyes on the Budget, ministers announced they would extend a grace period for UK supermarkets and suppliers to adapt to new trade barriers across the Irish Sea.

Supermarkets in Northern Ireland have struggled with supply issues since Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal came into force on 1 January – but the problem is expected to worsen when an existing grace period ends. The temporary relaxation of checks had been due to expire at the end of this month.

The EU says it is not possible for the UK to unilaterally change a deal it has already signed and ratified. Ignoring the international agreement would likely be a breach of international law, echoing the showdown over the UK’s Internal Market Bill last year. The EU and UK had been discussing the issue at the so-called “joint committee” set up to govern the deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-change-uk-eu-latest-b1811909.html

With everyone concentrating on the budget, Johnson decides to break International law again. I can't see what could possibly go wrong :facepalm:

A good deal to try and bury this...

Remember we have no deal on services with the EU, its no time on f**k about with International law. This won't end well...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Remember don't piss off Biden, we're on our own now

We’re going to be just fine,with or with out sniffer.
Don’t you get yourself in a twist, we’re on the right side of history, the silent majority have spoken [emoji1303]
Born to win [emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think the Express are actually trolling their own readers now...

Capture.JPG

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As the Express is now the Europhile go-to SAUCE for news these days it would be a shame not to lower the tone further ..

ALL VON WRONG Europeans losing faith in EU over ‘vaccine bungles’ as UK outperforms bloc, poll shows ...

German MEP Nicolaus Fest fumed: "The EU’s vaccination fiasco will leave most Europeans facing the prospect of another summer of lockdown.

"It’s no surprise that Germans are losing faith in the EU. Governments are judged by their actions in times of crisis, and these polls are damning.

“The EU has shot itself in the foot and propelled euroscepticism at a time when it desperately needs to counter the domino effect of Brexit."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14224441/europeans-faith-eu-vaccine-uk-poll/

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Already has failed winkle.. the cash cow has left, just accept you are on the wrong side of history.
Born to win [emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent, I give that a 7 out of 10 on the slogan-ometer

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can only assume those are the products of the troll squad today? I see they've been crawling all over the place like rats, but it's good to know that there's no need to see their posts anymore, as you've quite likely summed them up perfectly.
I thought they might be out celebrating the Brexit Victory of the new £100 Contactless limit?.... Oh, and studiously ignoring the NI Protestant groups who have renounced The Good Friday Agreement due to the border controls imposed on NI!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I thought they might be out celebrating the Brexit Victory of the new £100 Contactless limit?.... Oh, and studiously ignoring the NI Protestant groups who have renounced The Good Friday Agreement due to the border controls imposed on NI!

lets take a spin on the Brexiter sloganometer for a response.......and it lands on......wait for it, wait for it....Taking back control !!

slogamometer.gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

One side breaks International law against whilst the other side hasn't fully ratified the agreement yet

What could possibly go wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here