Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Great post and very true, you will see plenty of those types on here.
Ignorance and racism won the day for them, but in truth they struggle to string together a sentence that is either fact or makes any sense.
They live in a world of Facebook, Twitter and the bloke down the pub told me
Brexit must be stopped or a 2nd referendum called.
But I am and always have been resigned to the fact that we will leave one way or the other thanks to Cameron and an army of unbelievably thick people that now sadly infest this country.

I fear we have to leave in order for our leave voters to realise the hard way what we have lost.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
More EU flags than ever at Last Night of Proms. True patriots belting out Land of Hope and Glory. Populist Brexiteers confused and furious in equal measures.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fascinating looking back to see what was assumed to be true by Leavers/Little Englanders has turned out to utter bollocks or has changed significantly.

The EU are now becoming very sympathetic to the idea of an independent Scotland becoming part of the EU.

That's a sea change in thinking.

Scottish Nationalists were beaten down during their referendum being warned that an independent Scotland may have to leave the EU. Snidely put down on the basis there were leaving a Union and the consequences would be harsh.

They are now being told by our Government that their interests are best served outside of the EU.

Post Brexit Scotland will vote leave the UK at some point with but with EU support. It ceases to be an argument about breaking a Union and more about staying in a much bigger one.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Fascinating looking back to see what was assumed to be true by Leavers/Little Englanders has turned out to utter bollocks or has changed significantly.

The EU are now becoming very sympathetic to the idea of an independent Scotland becoming part of the EU.

That's a sea change in thinking.

Scottish Nationalists were beaten down during their referendum being warned that an independent Scotland may have to leave the EU. Snidely put down on the basis there were leaving a Union and the consequences would be harsh.

They are now being told by our Government that their interests are best served outside of the EU.

Post Brexit Scotland will vote leave the UK at some point with but with EU support. It ceases to be an argument about breaking a Union and more about staying in a much bigger one.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Yes let the Scots leave and have the Euro they wouldn't be missed
Regards
DF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The old adage ‘never mix business with politics’ once again rears it’s wise old head as that ranting Brexiteer loon Tim Martin continues his suicidal journey to kill his own business off by banning EU products such as Prosecco and Champagne and completely alienating the vast majority of the country who are against a no deal.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/14/weth...t-elite-remainers-as-profits-plunge-10743419/

He is on a little tour of Wetherspoons to preach his ignorant shit. The Cliftonville better make sure it’s stocked up on sausages!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Great post and very true, you will see plenty of those types on here.
Ignorance and racism won the day for them, but in truth they struggle to string together a sentence that is either fact or makes any sense.
They live in a world of Facebook, Twitter and the bloke down the pub told me
Brexit must be stopped or a 2nd referendum called.
But I am and always have been resigned to the fact that we will leave one way or the other thanks to Cameron and an army of unbelievably thick people that now sadly infest this country.

Maybe, just maybe, if remainders has strung together a coherant positive campaign for staying in the EU instead of the arrogant negative one they ploughed, they'd have won the referendum ? They look a bit stupid for not doing so.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I would tell you to **** off, but your moderator buddies will censor me again.

Ah Plooks, you're back !!! I missed you my little village idiot. I see your signature has gone as well :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah Plooks, you're back !!! I missed you my little village idiot. I see your signature has gone as well :lol:

Yet your signature stays, and you feel entitled to label another person as a village idiot. Pot kettle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More EU flags than ever at Last Night of Proms. True patriots belting out Land of Hope and Glory. Populist Brexiteers confused and furious in equal measures.

Lots of t shirts saying Thank EU for the music.
Solidarity with musicians who travel regularly with bands & orchestras who are going to be hit badly by Brexit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The old adage ‘never mix business with politics’ once again rears it’s wise old head as that ranting Brexiteer loon Tim Martin continues his suicidal journey to kill his own business off by banning EU products such as Prosecco and Champagne and completely alienating the vast majority of the country who are against a no deal.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/14/weth...t-elite-remainers-as-profits-plunge-10743419/

He is on a little tour of Wetherspoons to preach his ignorant shit. The Cliftonville better make sure it’s stocked up on sausages!

I am sure he wont care, but I haven't been to a wetherspoons since he starting spouting his rubbish.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yet your signature stays, and you feel entitled to label another person as a village idiot. Pot kettle

I think my cheeky signature is a tad different from one accussing the mods of being Nazi's. Unless of course you actually believe the mods are Nazi's ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe, just maybe, if remainders has strung together a coherant positive campaign for staying in the EU instead of the arrogant negative one they ploughed, they'd have won the referendum ? They look a bit stupid for not doing so.

I know what you mean. But this always reminds me of the antivivisection 'debate' 20 years ago.

TV interview. Boffin in cord jacket with leather patches on elbows and bad haircut versus earnest young woman with short pink hair and a nose stud (pretty rococo 20 years ago).

Killing animals for profit is cruel!

Yes but we have to use animals to discover new medicines

So are you telling me that every time you kill an animal this is guaranteed to lead to new medicines?

Well, obviously not, but....

And so the cult of antivivisection took hold.

But this was the wrong person asking the wrong question and the outcome appealing to the deluded. Like Brexit

It is not for remainers to predict what will happen if we remain in order to rebut the ludicrous fantasy claims of leavers. Remainers should have firmly focused on the unknown effects of leaving, and ask whether the risk is worth it. Likewise those of us involved in medical research now rebut the (dwindling band of) antivivisectionists by asking the latter where new medicines will come from if we are not allowed to test them

Would you accept an untested chemical as a cure and simply take it or give it to your kids, with no idea whether it will work or, more imporantly, whether it has hideous side effects?.

Yes but there are alternative ways of testing

Name one.

Er, computer modeling

No, that will only tell you what you put in the programme - it can't predict unknown adverse effects or benefits of brand new chemicals. We have to test them on animals before trying them out in humans.

We should still leave (animal research in the last)!

Well, if you are prepared to never take a new medicine (and frankly you are a hypocrite for taking old ones - they have all been safety tested in animals) and, if you are really serious about animal suffering, stop wearing leather shoes and belts, and indeed stop brushing your teeth with anything other than baking soda, I will admire your fortitude. Oh, and when you have kids, no sneaky getting them vaccinated, or taking antibiotics if they get an infection.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
The postive reasons to stay was to avoid whatever the **** this has become

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I've always thought Tim Martin looks exactly like the sort you'd find outside a Wetherspoon's at 8.30 in the morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here