Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Who said remainders? Anyway what do you think of the article in question. ?

I thought it was mildly funny. Are you aware that the Daily Squib is a satirical online publication created by satire writer Aur Esenbel, a bit like Private Eye. It was launched on April Fool's Day, 2007. Its supposed to be amusing, you know like sarcastic?

or have I put my foot in it again?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
8,000 pages on and the argument continue. I am sure Remainers and Leavers can all agree that this is one almighty **** up, the likes of which I have never seen in politics before.

Never seen anyrhin so devisive, ever.

Very true. Parliament voted by a huge majority to give the people a say, the government promised to enact the result, parliament voted by a huge majority to trigger article 50 and our entire political class have failed to deliver. (Combined with the section of remainers who don't respect democracy) = division and 'one almighty **** up, the likes of which I have never seen in politics before.'

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Very true. Parliament voted by a huge majority to give the people a say, the government promised to enact the result, parliament voted by a huge majority to trigger article 50 and our entire political class have failed to deliver. (Combined with the section of remainers who don't respect democracy) = division and 'one almighty **** up, the likes of which I have never seen in politics before.'

And the fact that brexit means different things to different people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was mildly funny. Are you aware that the Daily Squib is a satirical online publication created by satire writer Aur Esenbel, a bit like Private Eye. It was launched on April Fool's Day, 2007. Its supposed to be amusing, you know like sarcastic?

or have I put my foot in it again?

No you're all good. This time. :lolol:punk:

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
(Combined with the section of remainers who don't respect democracy) = division and 'one almighty **** up, the likes of which I have never seen in politics before.'

Oh, I respect democracy, I just don't believe it starts and finishes with a single vote on something of utmost importance. Do you? Really?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And the fact that brexit means different things to different people.

Up to a point. People voted for a range of reasons on both sides as they do for any election but the broad theme of Remain was status quo, economic priority and the broad theme for leave was take back control, sovereignty. Unfortunately, many remainers think they should get a second prize of defining leave through their priorities critically undermining leave priorities ... leaving both sides p*ssed off.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh, I respect democracy, I just don't believe it starts and finishes with a single vote on something of utmost importance. Do you? Really?

Are you sure?
You only need one binary referendum vote to give an instruction to Leave, not two or three or four follow up, after the decision has been made “do you really mean it” votes. Likewise after we have left you only need one referendum vote to re-join the EU and if re-joining wins there is no need for follow up “are you really sure you want to rejoin” referendums after that decision has been made.
Hope this helps.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just back from a day out a People’s vote march in London, estimates around 1m, whatever the number it was way more than the one last October.

Great to see true patriots from all age groups who really care about where this country is heading, so many union jacks and such a positive atmosphere with no d*ck heads .

Some interesting conversations, one that stood out was a conversation with some Honda workers from Swindon blaming Brexit for losing and factory and also some harsh words about many on the shop floor who believed the lies and voted out. Really going to hurt their town

Brilliant speech from Michael Heseltine, admitting that Mrs. T would have been horrified to the place where the Tory right have taken this country

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I never said they gave a balanced view and I couldn’t care less either way as I just take note of the events they are describing. Funny how some people say the BBC are too left wing and others too right wing. I just think viewers see what they want to see depending on their own bias.

You 're probably right.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If you do you would support enacting the referendum result which you would have demanded if Remain had won. Once enacted we get the chance to change direction if a majority agrees ... It's how UK democracy works. Keep asking the question until you get the right answer is very EU.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Are you sure?
You only need one binary referendum vote to give an instruction to Leave, not two or three or four follow up, after the decision has been made “do you really mean it” votes. Likewise after we have left you only need one referendum vote to re-join the EU and if re-joining wins there is no need for follow up “are you really sure you want to rejoin” referendums after that decision has been made.
Hope this helps.

I'd be (partly) okay with that, if....and here's the problem...that we could rejoin with the exact same terms as we have now.
But you already know that's not possible, so it's a no from me.
Hope that helps. :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If you do you would support enacting the referendum result which you would have demanded if Remain had won. Once enacted we get the chance to change direction if a majority agrees ... It's how UK democracy works. Keep asking the question until you get the right answer is very EU.

You're very silly and missing the point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'd be (partly) okay with that, if....and here's the problem...that we could rejoin with the exact same terms as we have now.
But you already know that's not possible, so it's a no from me.
Hope that helps. :)

Righto, so if we couldnt rejoin with the same terms,the EU would be too shit in your view, and you would say NO, stay out if there was a rejoin referendum
Helps a lot thanks.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Are you sure?
Hope this helps.

If you really believe that, then this will enrage you beyond belief!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_New_Zealand_flag_referendums

Is this flag thing the most undemocratic referendum process you’ve encountered?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

They triggered article 50 which was clearly respecting the result. Now it transpires that actually it was based on lies so by having a people’s vote is not disrespecting the result, it is merely checking whether people who voted for unicorns and fairies are happy with a pile of dung.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here