Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, in a GE, you'd have hard core Blue remainers voting Corbyn, Leaver Reds voting BoJo and fence sitters voting Yellow and Green.

A right ole pickle ain't no mistake.

Can't see it resulting in an overall majority if a Tory leader campaigns on no deal Brexit. Another stitch bribe or coalition will be needed.

Lab / SNP / Lib, that would be interesting....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So, in a GE, you'd have hard core Blue remainers voting Corbyn, Leaver Reds voting BoJo and fence sitters voting Yellow and Green.

A right ole pickle ain't no mistake.

I take issue with your last comment but generally it's not quite as mad as it seems. The Leave/Remain debate is so important, it outranks Party loyalties.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can one of the sensible posters on here please explain how Boris intends to take us out of the EU with or without a no deal, when the exit requires a legal document to have been passed by Parliament and Parliament have said time and time again that they will never pass one that has “no deal” on it!

I was listening to something on the radio , liz truss I think it was and she was hinting that he could push through the exit without parliamentary approval I.e not calling parliament and when we are out, based on this, he would then be in a position where to cancel the withdrawal, we would in effect have to renegotiate be let back in...so a fait accompli in effect!

Seems like he is playing a dangerous game if he thinks the prime minister can override the will of parliament and that in effect would lead us down to the path of dictatorship.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can one of the sensible posters on here please explain how Boris intends to take us out of the EU with or without a no deal, when the exit requires a legal document to have been passed by Parliament and Parliament have said time and time again that they will never pass one that has “no deal” on it!

I was listening to something on the radio , liz truss I think it was and she was hinting that he could push through the exit without parliamentary approval I.e not calling parliament and when we are out, based on this, he would then be in a position where to cancel the withdrawal, we would in effect have to renegotiate be let back in...so a fait accompli in effect!

Seems like he is playing a dangerous game if he thinks the prime minister can override the will of parliament and that in effect would lead us down to the path of dictatorship.

You mean to prorogue parliament, Raab was the first to mention this and he won't be the last from the candidates. It would be bring the Queen into UK politics...

Parliament to moving to stop this and it has the support of a number of Tory MP's, Bercow has also indicated he won't let it happen

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely you have better reason to 'despise' the Labour Party than an attempt to prevent us from a disastrous No Deal.
While I am sure the Party will be sorry to lose you, I am equally sure it will gain a lot of support as a result of this move.

As a staunch remainer at the time of the referendum, I am now firmly in the ‘get the fxxk out of the EU as quickly as possible’ camp. Politicians have failed to deliver the will of the people, or even have the balls to allow a second referendum. Well so be it, the UK should leave immediately.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Aah yes, Bercow. What an odious, self-important spanner that man is.

Yes, I do wish Andrea would concentrate on her "jam and biscuits Brexit" and not allow politics to descend into the gutter

Capture.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry guys with all the name calling and pack hunting on this thread I will leave it to you to keep the scaremongering going.

The Brexit party obviously scared the pants off you with the strength of feeling about still wanting to LEAVE the EU.

Yes there will be some choppy water, but our boat is a strong one and can take all that's thrown at it.....................unless Corbyn gets in then we really are screwed and it will probably take 20 years of austerity from the tories to sort out his mess.

Another leave voter who can dish it out but cries when he gets it back.
See ya.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As a staunch remainer at the time of the referendum, I am now firmly in the ‘get the fxxk out of the EU as quickly as possible’ camp. Politicians have failed to deliver the will of the people, or even have the balls to allow a second referendum. Well so be it, the UK should leave immediately.

Blame the Tory MP that failed to vote for Mays deal 3 times, second ref once out of the question probably now is 50/50.

Hard core Brexiteers enemies of Brexit!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Quite right too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Simply no logic there at all.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Had it gone through, would have been the wishy washy half-half scarf equivalent of leaving. More likely to get a proper one now.

We might - for about 3 weeks until we go humiliated, on our knees as an international pariah back to them, begging for whatever we can get off them.

You carry on believing and enjoying the Torry toffs fantasies until then though with the others though - because we hold all the aces and they need us more than we need them because we're British etc,etc.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Sorry but sounds like a flounce to me rather than a reasoned argument. Frustrating I know, but this is just too important to react on an emotional level.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Its interesting to see people now demanding leave, with no deal.... because they are a bit 'fed up' with the process. Ok, lets leave with catastrophic consequences, to stop you feeling a bit ... 'fed up'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here