Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But you wanting leavers to state to you now, 3 years after the vote why they had a preference for deciding to vote being out of the EU doesn’t do or change anything.
You knowing why Leavers believe its better to be out of the EU doesn’t change the decision given by the vote, it doesn’t change where we are now on deciding how to Leave whether with or without a deal.
If you are simply curious, you could look up various threads yourself on NSC, to find leavers opinions as to why they believe its better to be out of the EU,
You could start with this one
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread

Yeah, but we can't make sense of the beliefs, they have all been logically destroyed, he is asking for perception. You know, reasoning, showing all the working out in the margins, as to how a view was formed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You would make a great (Tory) MP you keep avoiding questions that require simple answers.

There is no requirement to answer your question, people do not have to justify why they voted to you.
I havnt avoided anything, I gave you a link so you can read for yourself why leavers believe its better to be out of the EU.
If you choose to avoid reading the contents that is your problem not mine.

JCFG's figures did include the £9 million spent on the leaflet, your figures and his are less than 300,000 apart.

Both our figures are of the same statistics. Mine, as said previously, are the latest updated figures from the EC. JCFG`s figures and mine do not include the £9 million pro remain spend by the gov on their household leaflet.
You can search the electoral commission database on these spending totals
https://www.electoralcommission.org...eu-referendum/campaign-spending-eu-referendum

Yeah, but we can't make sense of the beliefs, they have all been logically destroyed, he is asking for perception. You know, reasoning, showing all the working out in the margins, as to how a view was formed.

Sorry to break it to you, but the ballot paper did not say show your workings and reasoning for your answer in the margins or on a separate sheet of paper.
I fully understand that you are unable to comprehend why people believe it to be better out of the EU. My beliefs on why its better to be outside the EU have never been destroyed, logically or otherwise.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
By the way I have already suffered, when my wife got made redundant 2-3 years ago. We where a month away from not being able to pay our mortgage. We are OK now, and we will be OK after Brexit, because at the end of the day nobody will stop us going out to work and earning money, that's the key. I would even go out toilet cleaning, if it meant bringing in a few extra pounds.

Was that on your home in the UK or your second home in Spain?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As a majority in some polls say they want no deal, we may have to face the fact that the majority of the public are thick, or at least not using their heads.

or we could take it as evidence constant denigretion of the leave voter has not helped, the negative story news cycle is not working, and positive sell of the EU might be a better strategy.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
By the way I have already suffered, when my wife got made redundant 2-3 years ago. We where a month away from not being able to pay our mortgage. We are OK now, and we will be OK after Brexit, because at the end of the day nobody will stop us going out to work and earning money, that's the key. I would even go out toilet cleaning, if it meant bringing in a few extra pounds.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I detect that you are bracing yourself for a rough ride in post-Brexit Britain. If so then of course I agree fully (I would, wouldn't I). And there's something even kind of heroic about someone who will take a hit for their principles. But you'll be (proudly) inflicting that hit on those who do not share those principles - and that's one of the reasons why things can get heated.

Meanwhile we have a PM who is playing poker with the future of our country. His problem is that he knows he has a weak hand and worse still his opponents know he has a weak hand, That's why the govt are desperate to rubbish the 'Yellowhammer' leaks. They simply cannot dare to 'fess up. And we are blessed with a PM who loves the bluff. His problem is that his opponents can see his cards.. I don't play poker, but this seems to be a tactical weakness in his approach.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I detect that you are bracing yourself for a rough ride in post-Brexit Britain. If so then of course I agree fully (I would, wouldn't I). And there's something even kind of heroic about someone who will take a hit for their principles. But you'll be (proudly) inflicting that hit on those who do not share those principles - and that's one of the reasons why things can get heated.

Meanwhile we have a PM who is playing poker with the future of our country. His problem is that he knows he has a weak hand and worse still his opponents know he has a weak hand, That's why the govt are desperate to rubbish the 'Yellowhammer' leaks. They simply cannot dare to 'fess up. And we are blessed with a PM who loves the bluff. His problem is that his opponents can see his cards.. I don't play poker, but this seems to be a tactical weakness in his approach.

I love the way that International Trade negotiations keeps getting compared to some sort of card game throughout this complete clusterf***. 'We need to call their bluff', 'No deal is a negotiating tactic', 'We shouldn't show them our hand'.

Completely missing the point that every single 'card', from both sides are freely available on the Internet, whether it be export and import figures, GDP splits, current and predicted volumes etc etc.

It's why the outcome was so predictable and why none of our leave friends are actually able to describe in the faintest of detail, what this fantasy 'good deal' that they got sold at the referendum was (or is) going to look like.

Negotiation ? It was always a simple narrative :facepalm:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I love the way that International Trade negotiations keeps getting compared to some sort of card game throughout this complete clusterf***. 'We need to call their bluff', 'No deal is a negotiating tactic', 'We shouldn't show them our hand'.

Completely missing the point that every single 'card', from both sides are freely available on the Internet, whether it be export and import figures, GDP splits, current and predicted volumes etc etc.

It's why the outcome was so predictable and why none of our leave friends are actually able to describe in the faintest of detail, what this 'good deal' that they got sold at the referendum was (or is) going to look like.

We might as well put the whole outcome on a game of 'snap'!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
We might as well put the whole outcome on a game of 'snap'!

I think with Johnson, we have !

But you know that the grown-ups will have to take control again, just as they have the last 2 times. But not until we have pissed yet more billions up the wall and given the British economy and businesses another good kicking.

The most depressing aspect is the complete predictability of it all :down:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is no requirement to answer your question, people do not have to justify why they voted to you.
I havnt avoided anything, I gave you a link so you can read for yourself why leavers believe its better to be out of the EU.
If you choose to avoid reading the contents that is your problem not mine.

Both our figures are of the same statistics. Mine, as said previously, are the latest updated figures from the EC. JCFG`s figures and mine do not include the £9 million pro remain spend by the gov on their household leaflet.
You can search the electoral commission database on these spending totals
https://www.electoralcommission.org...eu-referendum/campaign-spending-eu-referendum

Sorry to break it to you, but the ballot paper did not say show your workings and reasoning for your answer in the margins or on a separate sheet of paper.
I fully understand that you are unable to comprehend why people believe it to be better out of the EU. My beliefs on why its better to be outside the EU have never been destroyed, logically or otherwise.

They have, you just refuse to recognise it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Leave voters have put up barriers to millions of young people who are now hamstrung in their ability to live, study and work freely across 27 countries and don't seem to see anything wrong with that.

Says it all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leave voters have put up barriers to millions of young people who are now hamstrung in their ability to live, study and work freely across 27 countries and don't seem to see anything wrong with that.

But that's normal for politics: young people don't vote and old people do. That's why we have triple-locked pensions and free bus passes for the 65+ and have introduced university fees for students.

The lack of freedom of movement, particularly in the ability to study, is just a by-product of Brexit, Politicians know they're on safe grounds with decisions that restrict or hamper the young as they won't be punished at the ballot box.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Says it all.

It's not their future, they don't care.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
or we could take it as evidence constant denigretion of the leave voter has not helped, the negative story news cycle is not working, and positive sell of the EU might be a better strategy.

You are correct to some extent, it hasn't helped, but I reckon if you want to leave the EU in 2019 because of Beef Mountains, and No Deal is the way to go, there is nothing that can be done to help.

Jan 30, 2008

It's why the outcome was so predictable and why none of our leave friends are actually able to describe in the faintest of detail, what this fantasy 'good deal' that they got sold at the referendum was (or is) going to look like.

The deal is we leave the EU as instructed , 3 years down the line and you still haven't come to terms with it :dunce:
Regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here