Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Shoreham residents or not, personally I've always found French women to be perfectly intelligent and trustworthy for example as well.

I shoud introduce you to my EX-wife. That will change and pop your bubble of any high opinion you have on "all" French women being intelligent and trustworthy. The folly of my youth, but we have a great daughter who is a fine young lady so I have no complaints. I've met quite a few French women by association with my Ex and there are as many evil, corrupt and downright dishonest French women as there are British (and probably every other nation as a percentage - my only experience with the British, French (ex-wife) and South American (current wife happily married for 24 years).

Flex Your Head

[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] - used to go under the ID Das Reich, hence the DR signature. They chose to name themselves after the notorious and murderous 2nd SS Panzer Division. Big supporter of Brexit.

The division massacred 642 French civilians in the village of Oradour-sur-Glane on 10 June 1944 in the Limousin region. SS-Sturmbannführer Adolf Diekmann, commander of the I Battalion, 4th SS Panzergrenadier Regiment (Der Führer) that committed the massacre, claimed that it was a just retaliation due to partisan activity in nearby Tulle and the kidnapping of Sturmbannführer Helmut Kämpfe, commander of the III Battalion, although the German authorities had already executed ninety-nine people in the Tulle massacre, following the killing of some forty German soldiers in Tulle by the Maquis resistance movement.

On 10 June, Diekmann's battalion sealed off Oradour-sur-Glane, and ordered all the townspeople to assemble in the village square, ostensibly to have their identity papers examined. All the women and children were locked in the church. The men were led to six barns and sheds. One of the six survivors of the massacre, Robert Hebras, described the killings as a deliberate act of mass murder. In 2013, he told the U.K. newspaper The Mirror that the SS intentionally burned men, women, and children after locking them in the church and spraying it with machine gun fire:

It was simply an execution. There were a handful of Nazis in front of us, in their uniforms. They just raised their machine guns and started firing across us, at our legs to stop us getting out. They were strafing, not aiming. Men in front of me just started falling. I got caught by several bullets, but I survived because those in front of me got the full impact. I was so lucky. Four of us in the barn managed to get away because we remained completely still under piles of bodies. One man tried to get away before they had gone – he was shot dead. The SS were walking around and shooting anything that moved. They poured petrol on bodies and then set them alight."[39]

Marcel Darthout's experience was similar. His testimony appears in historian Sara Farmer's 2000 book Martyred Village: Commemorating the 1944 Massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane:[40]

We felt the bullets, which brought me down. I dove... everyone was on top of me. And they were still firing. And there was shouting. And crying. I had a friend who was lying on top of me and who was moaning. And then it was over. No more shots. And they came at us, stepping on us. And with a rifle they finished us off. They finished off my friend who was on top of me. I felt it when he died.

Darthout and Hebras' eyewitness testimony was corroborated by other survivors of the massacre. One other survivor, Roger Godfrin, escaped from the school for refugees despite being shot at by SS soldiers. Only one woman, Marguerite Rouffanche, survived from the church. She later testified that at about five in the afternoon, two German soldiers placed a crate of explosives on the altar and attached a fuse to it. She and another women and her baby hid behind the sacristy; after the explosion they climbed on a stool and jumped out of a window three meters from the ground. A burst of machine gun fire hit all of them, but Rouffanche was able to crawl into the presbytery garden. The woman and infant were killed.[40]

From Wiki, obvs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hopefully to the legitimate one and not this *****.The con man Paul Golding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV3izFMWUu8

All the money we collect from fines , raffles , sponsored events is delivered swanbourne army barracks so i'd assume it goes to the right place , we have had some nice letters from recipients of the companion dogs that are trained to help returned servicemen battling with ptsd.......it's nice to be nice...and yes as your vid would show.....there are some horrible , immoral ***** around.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] - used to go under the ID Das Reich, hence the DR signature. They chose to name themselves after the notorious and murderous 2nd SS Panzer Division. Big supporter of Brexit.

The division massacred 642 French civilians in the village of Oradour-sur-Glane on 10 June 1944 in the Limousin region. SS-Sturmbannführer Adolf Diekmann, commander of the I Battalion, 4th SS Panzergrenadier Regiment (Der Führer) that committed the massacre, claimed that it was a just retaliation due to partisan activity in nearby Tulle and the kidnapping of Sturmbannführer Helmut Kämpfe, commander of the III Battalion, although the German authorities had already executed ninety-nine people in the Tulle massacre, following the killing of some forty German soldiers in Tulle by the Maquis resistance movement.

On 10 June, Diekmann's battalion sealed off Oradour-sur-Glane, and ordered all the townspeople to assemble in the village square, ostensibly to have their identity papers examined. All the women and children were locked in the church. The men were led to six barns and sheds. One of the six survivors of the massacre, Robert Hebras, described the killings as a deliberate act of mass murder. In 2013, he told the U.K. newspaper The Mirror that the SS intentionally burned men, women, and children after locking them in the church and spraying it with machine gun fire:

It was simply an execution. There were a handful of Nazis in front of us, in their uniforms. They just raised their machine guns and started firing across us, at our legs to stop us getting out. They were strafing, not aiming. Men in front of me just started falling. I got caught by several bullets, but I survived because those in front of me got the full impact. I was so lucky. Four of us in the barn managed to get away because we remained completely still under piles of bodies. One man tried to get away before they had gone – he was shot dead. The SS were walking around and shooting anything that moved. They poured petrol on bodies and then set them alight."[39]

Marcel Darthout's experience was similar. His testimony appears in historian Sara Farmer's 2000 book Martyred Village: Commemorating the 1944 Massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane:[40]

We felt the bullets, which brought me down. I dove... everyone was on top of me. And they were still firing. And there was shouting. And crying. I had a friend who was lying on top of me and who was moaning. And then it was over. No more shots. And they came at us, stepping on us. And with a rifle they finished us off. They finished off my friend who was on top of me. I felt it when he died.

Darthout and Hebras' eyewitness testimony was corroborated by other survivors of the massacre. One other survivor, Roger Godfrin, escaped from the school for refugees despite being shot at by SS soldiers. Only one woman, Marguerite Rouffanche, survived from the church. She later testified that at about five in the afternoon, two German soldiers placed a crate of explosives on the altar and attached a fuse to it. She and another women and her baby hid behind the sacristy; after the explosion they climbed on a stool and jumped out of a window three meters from the ground. A burst of machine gun fire hit all of them, but Rouffanche was able to crawl into the presbytery garden. The woman and infant were killed.[40]

From Wiki, obvs.
Anyone who signs off each post with a signature that glorifies that needs to stop immediately or be permanently banned.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Anyone who signs off each post with a signature that glorifies that needs to stop immediately or be permanently banned.

If he had visited Oradour, he would change his moniker, it a very atmospheric and evocative place which has been left exactly as the day the Das Reich division left. There is still the remains of a pram in the burnt out church..
And the Das Reich division at that stage was mainly conscript Rumanian criminals. Not really one to be glorifying

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Every encounter with a woman is meaningful, must be something wrong with you if you think they are not.
French girls can be filthy as fock too, not just intelligent, bit like our German and Italian cousins, Swiss girls have a remarkable knack of incorporating all three dirty traits, nothing on a par with the Swedes of course. The beautiful game becomes irrelevant on footy away trips to Sweden. I believe Guppy even pulled there, or that might have just have been the Guinness he was drinking……cant remember.

Anyway, what was your point again? Was there one?

Is it just me, or has this thread just taken a nose-dive?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Every encounter with a woman is meaningful, must be something wrong with you if you think they are not.
French girls can be filthy as fock too, not just intelligent, bit like our German and Italian cousins, Swiss girls have a remarkable knack of incorporating all three dirty traits, nothing on a par with the Swedes of course. The beautiful game becomes irrelevant on footy away trips to Sweden. I believe Guppy even pulled there, or that might have just have been the Guinness he was drinking……cant remember.

Anyway, what was your point again? Was there one?

:lol:
Someone's trying just a teensy weensy bit too hard.

D

Deleted member 2719

Here is a count down clock to be sure you don't miss a historic day.

Please try and enjoy what Britain voted for.

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/

Or you could just panic.

Attachments

• 68 days to go.png
    68 days to go.png
    972.9 KB · Views: 107

Jan 30, 2008
It's almost as if every leave voter wants to discuss anything but Brexit :shrug:

Nothing to discuss, the vote Was to leave so there's no point in blabbering on about how hard done by you feel, move on and let go you'll feel so much better about yourself , suns out enjoy the weekend:wave:
Regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

After the countdown clock worked so well the last two times :facepalm:

This is a special clock, it's called a Boris clock and serves the majority it is a democratic clock.

May was always a remainer.

Boris and Brexit are synchronised with GMT, tick tock tick tock.............................

So get you union jack out Watford and support our country, we need you. (well perhaps not)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is a special clock, it's called a Boris clock and serves the majority it is a democratic clock.

May was always a remainer.

Boris and Brexit are synchronised with GMT, tick tock tick tock.............................

So get you union jack out Watford and support our country, we need you. (well perhaps not)

Is it a special clock for the terminally gullible ? One that always lies about what the actual time is ? :lolol:

And, while you're here, let's try and get this thread back on track. So, as a 'no deal' supporter what do you think we should do about

The fact that it is impossible to actually implement the stopping of freedom of movement on October 31st ?

The fact that if we leave on 31st October with no border in NI, we will be granting tariff free access to the whole world under WTO Most Favoured Nation. How do we then get them to negotiate trade deals with us given they have completely free access with no reciprocal agreement anyway ?

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Here is a count down clock to be sure you don't miss a historic day.

Please try and enjoy what Britain voted for.

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/

Or you could just panic.

We've been round this track.
Just under half the voting public did not vote for this. Your absurd comment is typically foolish and divisive.
Unfortunately we are manacled together on this island and whatever happens we will all experience the Brexit outcome, if and when it happens.
No one knows exactly what Brexit will mean, so your facile 'enjoy it' shows yet again that you will not be affected. We do know that many will be adversely affected.

You might try show a little more emotional intelligence in your comments instead crass triumphalism.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here