Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Consumers ultimately pay the tariffs, you and I. The yanks are about to learn the hard way, poor decisions and judgement ultimately cost....

The tariff Watford zero answers was on about needed to be known about by Aldi's UK management,and involved Cheddar cheese purchased in the UK to be sold in the UK.Possibly,he thinks cheese made in Hereford has to be import taxed if sold in Worcester?I don't know the answer to what goes on in his pea-brain,as he never answers questions.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The fine in America was quite a few billion. Now, which America is this? The Canadian one? Or the Argentinian one ? :lolol:

Possibly you haven't quite caught on to the difference between a fine by a government agency,and a lawsuit brought in a class action by concerned individuals.Although I understand the class action in the USA includes some smaller countries as well,amongst them Argentina and Canada.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Wishful thinking, the only time vociferous remainers/lib dems/undemocratic loons will accept a democratic result being enacted is when they get their way. Dangerous extremists who are fuelling division, driving people towards political extremes and fatally undermining democracy.

Dangerous extremists?

Some might see the pocket racists with their swarthy men posters and soapbox rhetoric, the rabble rousers with their carefully-chosen references to betrayal and collaboration and traitorous behaviour, the propagandists whipping up sentiment against a sovereign parliament and the judiciary, and the islamaphobes leeching from Tory Leaver ranks to the Brexit Party as the extremists, however much they shrug their shoulders and say Nothing to do with me Guv when their fiery referrences to "the political classes" and all the rest results in some deranged nutter putting the knife in. (To this could be added the point that if anything is likely to bring democracy into disrepute then it is persuading people to vote for something that cannot conceivably exist.)

Your claim that the true extremists are the millions who think that as any of the Brexits we are most likely to get differ enormously from the one that the people voted then it might be sensible to ask them if it is what they want is one-eyed fruitcakery of the highest order, rich even for you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't know the answer to what goes on in his pea-brain,as he never answers questions.

My irony-ometer has literally exploded right before my eyes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Dangerous extremists?

Some might see the pocket racists with their swarthy men posters and soapbox rhetoric, the rabble rousers with their carefully-chosen references to betrayal and collaboration and traitorous behaviour, the propagandists whipping up sentiment against a sovereign parliament and the judiciary, and the islamaphobes leeching from Tory Leaver ranks to the Brexit Party as the extremists, however much they shrug their shoulders and say Nothing to do with me Guv when their fiery referrences to "the political classes" and all the rest results in some deranged nutter putting the knife in. (To this could be added the point that if anything is likely to bring democracy into disrepute then it is persuading people to vote for something that cannot conceivably exist.)

Your claim that the true extremists are the millions who think that as any of the Brexits we are most likely to get differ enormously from the one that the people voted then it might be sensible to ask them if it is what they want is one-eyed fruitcakery of the highest order, rich even for you.

Yes, dangerous extremists intent on subverting/reversing the referendum result as soon as it didn't go their/your way.... have a look in the mirror.

Your wish for MP's to seize control and stop Brexit (a supposed angry outburst) and your description of the Conservative government as 'far right' because they promised to deliver Brexit shows your true colours despite all the endless mealy-mouthed attempts to camouflage these extreme views. Arguing it's entirely reasonable for the losing minority to organise a campaign and insist we all vote again in a second referendum takes a special type of arrogance, an arrogance that is exemplified by the Lib Dems and many of their supporters. The losers 2nd referendum campaign was never about giving leavers a vote on any final deal it was all about giving Remain a second chance in another referendum .. anyone suggesting otherwise is a liar. Even more breathtaking is the fact that people that spend an inordinate amount of time either claiming leave voters are thicky racists or just gullible sheep while calling for the Remain MP dominated parliament to stop Brexit or go for another vote then act surprised/horrified when there are entirely predictable consequences. Ignoring democratic votes /failing to enact the result damages our democracy and leaves the path clear for more populist elements to exploit the failures of more centrist parties your and many other remain contributors arguments on this thread help facilitate their success. Nige and the Brexit party have a lot to thank you all for.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The latest polls highlight the splits in the country, just under a 3rd to Hard Brexit (30%) under a 3rd to Remain party's (28%) and s third with the two main party's (33%).

Done my postal vote already, so I am in the 28%.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The latest polls highlight the splits in the country, just under a 3rd to Hard Brexit (30%) under a 3rd to Remain party's (28%) and s third with the two main party's (33%).

Done my postal vote already, so I am in the 28%.

These figures would suggest that a compromise solution is the best way forward, but who actually has the balls to pursue a compromise solution?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
These figures would suggest that a compromise solution is the best way forward, but who actually has the balls to pursue a compromise solution?

Well if May moved any of her red lines a deal could be done, just by having a binding public vote on the deal it would be done tomorrow, and we could then hopefully move on.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes, dangerous extremists intent on subverting/reversing the referendum result as soon as it didn't go their/your way.... have a look in the mirror.

Your wish for MP's to seize control and stop Brexit (a supposed angry outburst) and your description of the Conservative government as 'far right' because they promised to deliver Brexit shows your true colours despite all the endless mealy-mouthed attempts to camouflage these extreme views. Arguing it's entirely reasonable for the losing minority to organise a campaign and insist we all vote again in a second referendum takes a special type of arrogance, an arrogance that is exemplified by the Lib Dems and many of their supporters. The losers 2nd referendum campaign was never about giving leavers a vote on any final deal it was all about giving Remain a second chance in another referendum .. anyone suggesting otherwise is a liar. Even more breathtaking is the fact that people that spend an inordinate amount of time either claiming leave voters are thicky racists or just gullible sheep while calling for the Remain MP dominated parliament to stop Brexit or go for another vote then act surprised/horrified when there are entirely predictable consequences. Ignoring democratic votes /failing to enact the result damages our democracy and leaves the path clear for more populist elements to exploit the failures of more centrist parties your and many other remain contributors arguments on this thread help facilitate their success. Nige and the Brexit party have a lot to thank you all for.

You love using emotive language as much as your bff Nige does.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry to hear that 2p.
Did he loathe his home country as much as you did?

I didn't loathe your country,just thought it was sh1t.He didn't loathe his country,just the Flemish and Germans.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Looks like Theresa May is a little distressed.

From BBC1 6 o’clock news.

No mention of the flag :eek:

9B8BFFEB-F74D-4D85-A995-83752ED4508A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here