Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Silly no ,just a pompous know it all
Regards
DR

I think pompous is a little unjustified, but let's face it 'know it all' ? I'm absolutely f***ing stunned that you eventually recognise the obvious.

But it's not the greatest compliment given that a brain damaged slug with dementia is a 'know it all' from your perspective :laugh:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is what I was referring to which I admit was slightly misleading but is not being granted Settled Status. It's just kicking the can down the road, when it should be 'easy' for EU citizens working here just to be granted SS.

[tweet]1163474524819656704[/tweet]

Your 30% rejection figure is not “slightly misleading” it is plainly wrong. Even that tweet says there has been “no rejection”

Settled status is granted when someone has lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Pre-settled status is for those who have not lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Those not entitled to settled status who get pre-settled status can upgrade their status when they have completed 5 years of living here continuously(rules apply for what is considered continuous).
Pre settled status is not kicking the can down the road,what an incredibly stupid thing to post.
If someone has been here for 2 days on a tier 2 work visa for example you wouldn’t expect the 5 year qualifying period of continuous residency to obtain indefinite leave to remain to be waved after 2 days, you would expect them to live and work here for 5 years continuously (with clear defined exceptions) before entitlement for indefinite leave to remain could be applied for .

Now post a picture of the bus .... which is what I referred to in my post.

Remainers like to post Leave promotional items...............well not all the time obviously

vote leave.jpg

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You didn't say Germany and France were the main players, you said Germany and France have ALL THE POWER. Look at what YOU wrote in the last 5 minutes !

They have power proportional to their populations, hence the main players are Germany, UK, Italy, France, Poland, Spain, Roumania and Netherlands, which you would know if you looked at the link I very kindly provided you with rather than just running off your pre-conceived, incorrect assumptions :facepalm:

I've been saying they Are the main players for a week or so. Unlike you I can't be bothered to scroll through past posts. I'm far too busy for that. However you carry on scrolling and googling.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've been saying they Are the main players for a week or so. Unlike you I can't be bothered to scroll through past posts. I'm far too busy for that. However you carry on scrolling and googling.

It really didn't take a lot of scrolling. It was the post you made immediately before where you changed your mind.

Obviously the fact that you've been saying this for the last week or so, shows you are well on top of the last 3 years of the f***wittery currently known as Brexit.

But you keep yourself busy:wave:

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think you could have summed it up more accurately.

[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is fine on other threads and I agree with lots of things he has said over the years but this thread is really strange.

He accepts that there isn't and never was a 'good deal' and the only deal available was a TM type deal with some sort of customs union (or backstop). He understands that no-one can give the faintest definition of what this 'good deal' that was sold by the Leave campaign actually consists of, and the reason for that is because it was a lie.

I believe that he also now accepts that 'no deal' is, as near as dammit, 'project fear'. I think that he also understands that ending free movement for EU citizens on day one of Brexit is impossible and that having no border in NI and allowing tariff free trade access to the world is an impossible situation from which to commence trade talks. As a result I think he now understands that 'no deal' is also a lie.

Now, obviously he is not a dribbling moron like [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] , and nor is he easily confused and hopelessly naive like [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION].

He could, of course, simply say 'I still don't like the EU but can see that leaving at this time would not be of any benefit to Britain' but instead he continues to push a 'good deal' and 'no deal' as possible solutions despite these Leave campaign soundbites being shown to be complete and utter lies that are undefinable and unimplementable.

I really can't think of any other reason why a seemingly intelligent individual would try to push undefinable, unimplementable lies other than 'the thrall of the brexit madness' (or maybe he runs some serious investment funds :wink: )

*edit*

I've just thought. Supposing [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] , [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] turned out to be partners in a group responsible for some serious overseas investment funds. Some of us would look a bit silly then :ohmy: :lolol:

Very funny, and I agree that [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is a good poster and sounds like someone I'd be happy to have a beer with. But I had him on ignore for a while, owing to posts on this thread. Mistake long since rectified.

Oddly, if anyone can get a deal it is Boris. I was amused by his quick witted response to Angie yesterday. But, blimey, talk about the brass neck of a gambler - and if the gamble fails he'll look like evefry other failed gambler. Plus this is a gamble having already had a punt on Brexit, in a considerable way responsible for where we are.

A good analogy would be Boris is the knight in shining armour with the cunning plan for defeating the enemy he had encouraged his predecessors to attack (ending in abject defeat). WTAF? ???

Anyway, as you were. :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very funny, and I agree that [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is a good poster and sounds like someone I'd be happy to have a beer with. But I had him on ignore for a while, owing to posts on this thread. Mistake long since rectified.

Oddly, if anyone can get a deal it is Boris. I was amused by his quick witted response to Angie yesterday. But, blimey, talk about the brass neck of a gambler - and if the gamble fails he'll look like evefry other failed gambler. Plus this is a gamble having already had a punt on Brexit, in a considerable way responsible for where we are.

A good analogy would be Boris is the knight in shining armour with the cunning plan for defeating the enemy he had encouraged his predecessors to attack (ending in abject defeat). WTAF? ???

I'm really not sure that Johnson actually realised the delightful Angie was taking the piss yesterday ???

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Given that more people voted to leave, surely it is they who are the Sheep?

Yes, we have the odd woolly friend, but according to you lot, you would win by a country mile now, as we were clueless to what we were voting for.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes, we have the odd woolly friend, but according to you lot, you would win by a country mile now, as we were clueless to what we were voting for.

So that's a yes then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Says someone who needs educating on the referendum result, oh dear have another cap:dunce:

I've never denied the result. The result was quite clearly "out, but only just out". So EFTA.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I mentioned last night how virtually all the British media had misunderstood what Merkel had said and today it's the turn of the German media to express bafflement as to how badly the Merkel/Johnson meeting had been reported. The SDZ response to this gung-ho reporting is typical "This (the reporting), however, is gross nonsense and shows the confusion of languages ​​that prevails in many political issues between London and the continent. In addition, the almost hysterical spin presented to the British public shows how much the British media can now be harnessed to the Brexit carts. For anyone who had seen the press conference and listened carefully to Merkel could not but wonder: none of that she had said.

On the contrary, Merkel had found a nice, new explanation for the much-cited backstop that was foreseen in the EU-UK deal in case Brussels and London could not find a solution to the difficult border issue in Northern Ireland until the end of the originally planned transition period. The German had called the backstop a "placeholder" to avoid a hard border on the Irish island. "It has been said that we will probably find such a solution in the next two years," Merkel said in retrospect. "But maybe you can find them in the next 30 days, why not?" Their message was clear: this placeholder is necessary, it was a sensible idea, and it stays until someone makes us a better suggestion."
(Google translate - not mine)

I watched the press conference and heard what she said and how she said it - she was almost laughing at him. It beggars belief that this was picked up as some sort of triumph for him

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That's choice coming from you ???
Regards
DR

Some pretty clear messages on the Youtube channels you watch videos on eh Das Reich?

In case anyone missed it, here's a sample of the YT channel Das Reich shares content from :

Fun loving David Duke of the KKK there. Why would anyone so attached to the user name Das Reich be watching channels like this I wonder?

I'm sure fellow Brexiters will join all right minded posters in condemning Das Reich, won't they?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Some pretty clear messages on the Youtube channels you watch videos on eh Das Reich?

In case anyone missed it, here's a sample of the YT channel Das Reich shares content from :

dont you think it counter-productive posting such links? we could all ignore/stop reading and replying to the user, rather than give them attention they seek.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
dont you think it counter-productive posting such links? we could all ignore/stop reading and replying to the user, rather than give them attention they seek.

A lot of posters on here have no idea where Das Reich is coming from so I think the occasional reminder is worth it. Most brexiters on this thread plead ignorance to Das Reich's attitudes whilst at the same time complaining that remainers brand them unfairly as bigoted. Again, I think it's worth mentioning that possibly the most prolific brexiter on this thread is a racist who goes by the name of Das Reich.
I think he should be allowed to post under his original name that he's so clearly attached to. Why hide it?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Your 30% rejection figure is not “slightly misleading” it is plainly wrong. Even that tweet says there has been “no rejection”

Settled status is granted when someone has lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Pre-settled status is for those who have not lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Those not entitled to settled status who get pre-settled status can upgrade their status when they have completed 5 years of living here continuously(rules apply for what is considered continuous).
Pre settled status is not kicking the can down the road,what an incredibly stupid thing to post.
If someone has been here for 2 days on a tier 2 work visa for example you wouldn’t expect the 5 year qualifying period of continuous residency to obtain indefinite leave to remain to be waved after 2 days, you would expect them to live and work here for 5 years continuously (with clear defined exceptions) before entitlement for indefinite leave to remain could be applied for .

Remainers like to post Leave promotional items...............well not all the time obviously

View attachment 114602

£350million a week is lie. This was shown to be a lie over 3 years ago.

Stop peddling Brexiteer lies.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

His cunning plan has yet to be thought up.
Atleast Baldrick had a plan when he announced that he had a cunning plan.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't think you could have summed it up more accurately.

[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is fine on other threads and I agree with lots of things he has said over the years but this thread is really strange.

He accepts that there isn't and never was a 'good deal' and the only deal available was a TM type deal with some sort of customs union (or backstop). He understands that no-one can give the faintest definition of what this 'good deal' that was sold by the Leave campaign actually consists of, and the reason for that is because it was a lie.

I believe that he also now accepts that 'no deal' is, as near as dammit, 'project fear'. I think that he also understands that ending free movement for EU citizens on day one of Brexit is impossible and that having no border in NI and allowing tariff free trade access to the world is an impossible situation from which to commence trade talks. As a result I think he now understands that 'no deal' is also a lie.

Now, obviously he is not a dribbling moron like [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] , and nor is he easily confused and hopelessly naive like [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION].

He could, of course, simply say 'I still don't like the EU but can see that leaving at this time would not be of any benefit to Britain' but instead he continues to push a 'good deal' and 'no deal' as possible solutions despite these Leave campaign soundbites being shown to be complete and utter lies that are undefinable and unimplementable.

I really can't think of any other reason why a seemingly intelligent individual would try to push undefinable, unimplementable lies other than 'the thrall of the brexit madness' (or maybe he runs some serious investment funds :wink: )

*edit*

I've just thought. Supposing [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] , [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] turned out to be partners in a group responsible for some serious overseas investment funds. Some of us would look a bit silly then :ohmy: :lolol:

I'm very touched that you've taken the effort to start my own fan club.

I'm equally touched that you know what I want, accept and believe .... you clearly know me better than Mrs WS. Shame you got it so wrong though.

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Now don't you have some paperclips to box up to sell to the local council under that huge government contract you have ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm very touched that you've taken the effort to start my own fan club.

I'm equally touched that you know what I want, accept and believe .... you clearly know me better than Mrs WS. Shame you got it so wrong though.

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Now don't you have some paperclips to box up to sell to the local council under that huge government contract you have ?

.... not nice being called names, is it - and you spew out insults without any apparent regret.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here