Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The comparison with football is frankly daft. I don't care if remainers won't accept it but as things stand, no deal IS a possibility, and the legal default .... I would agree not a desirable one.

The comparison is not so daft as saying No deal is No problem, I appreciate that this is not what you said, but I honestly think that it is about as likely as seeing Knockaert wear the gloves in a Premier league match, for exactly the same reason, it is a bloody ridiculous course of action to take, will put us in a weak position and is not a sustainable position to continue with.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sorry but you're not stupid, you've read a lot about 'no deal' and if you've no idea.

We have been here twice before, what is different?

Seriously, if you don't know WTF is going to happen, do you REALLY believe Johnson has a magic answer :shrug:

When you've been to Eton they just tell you that you can do anything, and even if you sprout crap you do it with a posh accent so most of the plebs buy into it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've no idea. BUT it doesn't stop no deal still being a possibility .... at the moment it is the legal default regardless of the issues it would cause.

How many times are you going to let 'them' lie to you before you question why 'they' constantly lie.

I suspect that having been stitched up three times (and, trust me, we are three months away from the third time) won't be enough and you'll be waiting excitedly to be taken in for a fourth time. I really don't know what to say to help you :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When you've been to Eton they just tell you that you can do anything, and even if you sprout crap you do it with a posh accent so most of the plebs buy into it

I'm guessing that being bought up in a single parent family on a sink council estate did mean there were certain limitations, but onwards and upwards.

Amazing where a little bit of education and some common sense can get you :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
I'm sorry but you're not stupid, you've read a lot about 'no deal' and if you've no idea.

Seriously, if you don't know WTF is going to happen, do you REALLY believe Johnson has a magic answer :shrug:
if he hasn't got an answer WTF is he doing running for MP , Hey Mr know it all maybe you have the magic answer ??:wave:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
How many times are you going to let 'them' lie to you before you question why 'they' constantly lie.

I suspect that having been stitched up three times (and, trust me, we are three months away from the third time) won't be enough and you'll be waiting excitedly to be taken in for a fourth time. I really don't know what to say to help you :shrug:
We don't need any of your "help "
regards
DR

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've no idea. BUT it doesn't stop no deal still being a possibility .... at the moment it is the legal default regardless of the issues it would cause.

Both Tory leadership candidates have said the backstop is dead and the EU say it can't be changed and the withdrawal agreement can't be reopened despite the UK Parliament rejecting it numerous times so a solution looks unlikely. In addition, team Boris says no-deal preparations will be ramped up significantly when he takes over but as we know there are probably enough Remain MP's in parliament who with the help of the speaker may well block this option. The EU knows this which is why they have no incentive to shift their position.

Probably end up with another General election where many remainers will vote for a Party that has been described as racist/antisemitic by Jewish groups and lifelong labour people, reneged on all its previous Brexit promises, crippled by a weak ineffectual leader, bullying, infighting, with a Marxist chancellor intent on bringing down capitalism that many in the business world fear more than Brexit.

The new UK democratic norm where elections and votes don't matter unless the 'right' outcome is reached ... it takes at least three votes to leave the EU but just one to remain obviously. Democracy RIP.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We get what we deserve, all hail Boris the next unelected leader as such a leader without a mandate who says he is prepaired to lead us to a glorious oblivion.

The ITV programme questioning he's suitability to be PM shows he's a posh British version of Trump I repeat we get what we deserve

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Sometimes you really need to stop thinking you know it all.. Even the previous most senior civil servent in charge of planning for Brexit is on record as saying nobody knows what will really happen with a no deal. Yet somehow some two bit poster on a football forum does ??

And please show me where I've even hinted Johnson has the answer - I'm sure you'll be able to with your skillful use of the search function that you love so much.

And still you can't accept that as things currently stand, the legal default is that we leave with no deal. Despite the EU saying this, the UK governmemt saying this, every expert commentator saying this, you, some retired small business owner says it's not the case :facepalm:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Quote Westdene Seagull:- 'as things stand, no deal IS a possibility, and the legal default .... I would agree not a desirable one'

Well... that's a modest start anyway.

For someone that thinks themself so clever it's strange you struggle to use the quote function properly.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Both Tory leadership candidates have said the backstop is dead and the EU say it can't be changed and the withdrawal agreement can't be reopened despite the UK Parliament rejecting it numerous times so a solution looks unlikely. In addition, team Boris says no-deal preparations will be ramped up significantly when he takes over but as we know there are probably enough Remain MP's in parliament who with the help of the speaker may well block this option. The EU knows this which is why they have no incentive to shift their position.

Probably end up with another General election where many remainers will vote for a Party that has been described as racist/antisemitic by Jewish groups and lifelong labour people, reneged on all its previous Brexit promises, crippled by a weak ineffectual leader, bullying, infighting, with a Marxist chancellor intent on bringing down capitalism that many in the business world fear more than Brexit.

The new UK democratic norm where elections and votes don't matter unless the 'right' outcome is reached ... it takes at least three votes to leave the EU but just one to remain obviously. Democracy RIP.

A few weeks ago one of the candidates for PM said "if there's another referendum then Brexit is dead". Yesterday, the other one said "it would be folly" to allow the people to decide what they want in a general election.

Most reasonable people would say that this is the real democratic outrage, and that those that support them are the true loons.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A few weeks ago one of the candidates for PM said "if there's another referendum then Brexit is dead". Yesterday, the other one said "it would be folly" to allow the people to decide what they want in a general election.

Most reasonable people would say that this is the real democratic outrage, and that those that support them are the true loons.

As ever you are probably the least qualified to comment on what is reasonable and democratic as a rosette wearing representative of the 'bollox to Brexit' party who insists it should take three votes to leave the EU and would vote for the antisemite Marxist party ....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
For someone that thinks themself so clever it's strange you struggle to use the quote function properly.

You do make me smile.....
there you go again... deciding you know what people think; that's rather arrogant as well as factually incorrect.
Westdene Seagull, you are no mindreader, but you are presumptuous!
But at least you seem to be recognising the disaster of a 'no deal' scenario.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There you go again... deciding you know what people think; that's rather arrogant as well as factually incorrect.
Westdene Seagull, you are no mindreader, but you are presumptuous!
But at least you are making progress on the disaster of a 'no deal' scenario.

And you're clearly making progress in your learning of how to quote people. Well done .... gold star.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The Johnson shtick that somehow looking the EU negotiators in the eye while (presumably) wearing a union jack t-shirt will result in them unpicking a deal that it took 3 years to agree (and note: we, in the person of TM, did agree it) is beyond parody.

Surely there can't be a sentient being in the country that believe this charlatan is anything other than a self-serving ego-maniac who has achieved almost zero other than spunking huge amounts of ta-payers money up a wall (see record as London Mayor). Ooops - just watched him being hero worshipped at the latest Tory hustings.

It is one of the wonders of the modern age that anyone so seriously unsuited to office can be about to occupy the highest office in the land. If you get the politicians you deserve then this country must be guilty of some dreadful crimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here