Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[tweet]1148333307974828032[/tweet]

Love the fact a group of remainers representing Uk nationals who have relocated abroad(Spain) are calling a UK national intending to relocate abroad a deserter.

This is fascism. I have been in the military and worked in the Civil Service. To say people should lose their jobs because of their political beliefs is not politics, it is out and out fascism.

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-civil-service-military-lbc-kim-darroch-9000151

That’s not fascist. What a stupid post.
That clip you have shared that you say is fascist is of Farage saying Civil servants who obstruct governments implementing their policy should be removed. You clearly object to this when you claim this is fascism.
Why should civil servants not be removed or forced to resign if they obstruct or impede government policy?
Unelected civil servants are not allowed to obstruct or impede an elected government from implementing their policy, those whose job it is to advise can only advise. They ultimately have to acknowledge the verdict of publicly accountable ministers. Civil servants are not, what you are showing you want, an unelected stop gap to be used because you disagree with the policy of an elected government.
I would love to know why you think unelected civil servants should be allowed to obstruct the policy of an elected government.

Im not far right and it’s a funny as hell trope, look at how it winds soys up so much they feel they need to flag its use, sometimes those so wound up and aggrieved even moan that the people that are promoters and users of drinks containing soy,because they must be drinking the soy in the product they promote are unhinged and crackpots…..that own goal never gets old. It’s a win win everytime these moaners moan about the term being used, even more so when they say they admit they find it an insult.

Its great to see your are taking over the role of ridiculous remainer poster from plooks now he has apparently decided (prob to return soon) to leave nsc forever

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did i miss a crucial argument that has led to watford becoming even more creepy than before

Considering Ppf doesnt gamble why is Watford zero hounding him like a weird StalkyMcStalkface and trying to make him bet when he doesnt gamble?

All you've missed is the broken record changing from :

"What of these three options do you want ?"

to

"Why don't you want to bet ?"

It's as tedious and boring as it is stupid.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Im not far right and it’s a funny as hell trope, look at how it winds soys up so much they feel they need to flag its use, sometimes those so wound up and aggrieved even moan that the people that are promoters and users of drinks containing soy,because they must be drinking the soy in the product they promote are unhinged and crackpots…..that own goal never gets old. It’s a win win everytime these moaners moan about the term being used, even more so when they say they admit they find it an insult.

An elegantly phrased contribution from our friend Pasta. (I'm an oat milk man myself.)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

to

...probably best to block or ignore then.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

I'm not a six year old child so I don't use the ignore function as it's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'la la la la'.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I will let anxious friends threatened with losing their jobs if we end up with a no-deal Brexit how sympathetic you aren't.....

I dont recall you saying we should leave the European Union with a withdrawal agreement rather than leaving with no deal

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm not a six year old child so I don't use the ignore function as it's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'la la la la'.

maybe just scroll down then....
Did anyone insinuate you are a six year old child?

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I dont recall you saying we should leave the European Union with a withdrawal agreement rather than leaving with no deal

I didn't... but there are clearly different degrees of catastrophe here; thanks for reading my posts so carefully though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didn't... but there are clearly different degrees of catastrophe here; thanks for reading my posts so carefully though.

Will you say now then, since you havnt said it before,that we should leave the European Union with a withdrawal agreement in place rather than leave with no deal

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Will you say now then, since you havnt said it before,that we should leave the European Union with a withdrawal agreement in place rather than leave with no deal

Why would I do that? In my opinion both options significantly reduce us as a nation and that it now clearer to many more people. It's a false dichotomy.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
maybe just scroll down then....
Did anyone insinuate you are a six year old child?

No nobody has suggested I'm a six year old child. As was perfectly clear in my post I've likened using the ignore function to being a six year old child sticking their fingers in their ears - i.e. childish. It was you that suggested I use it because I pointed out how tedious a particular poster is. I haven't, don't and never will use the ignore function. Clear enough for even you to understand this time ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

In regards to the ignore feature, this thread and leave voters with no idea on Brexit other than repeating meaningless sound-bites, clutching at straws, defending racists because they voted leave too, reiterating what arrognant and ignorant English Tory MP's with posh accents talking about GATT 24 said, believing facial recognition technology is an answer for the Irish border etc, is I've noticed the genuine trauma caused by being put on ignore by someone they don't know on the internet. It's utterly bizarre and they'll always comment on it.

The ignore feature's shortfall is you can quite easily just end up reading threads on NSC without logging on, so if you went full on and did what one poster did on here and put all the clueless no deal advocates on ignore because he didn't want the stigma of even reading their posts, you'd still see their musings on Stephen Yaxley-Lennon threads, defending racists in regards to a bet on here, defending the right of people to have sex on Hove beach in broad daylight in front of children - that sort of thing - if you didn't log on first.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why would I do that? In my opinion both options significantly reduce us as a nation and that it now clearer to many more people. It's a false dichotomy.

I know you hate it but we have had a vote. That vote gave a decision to leave the EU. You obviously feel that vote should be ignored because you dont agree with it.
The consequence of leaving the European Union where no withdrawal agreement is in place, is however, in accordance with the treaty protocols of leaving the European Union,leaving the European Union with “no deal”.
You obviously wish that there is NO withdrawal agreement in place that effects the leaving of the EU, you shouldn’t moan therefore about the consequences of what you wish for.
Be careful what you wish for is very apt in your case. So is hoisted by your own undemocratic loonery.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

to

I don't think you have any idea how tedious and boring it is always being proven right at every stage of Brexit.

(At least yourself and pasta are now confining yourselves to stuff you are good at - complete whataboutisms :thumbsup:)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The ignore feature's shortfall is you can quite easily just end up reading threads on NSC without logging on, so if you went full on and did what one poster did on here and put all the clueless no deal advocates on ignore because he didn't want the stigma of even reading their posts, you'd still see their musings on Stephen Yaxley-Lennon threads, defending racists in regards to a bet on here, defending the right of people to have sex on Hove beach in broad daylight in front of children - that sort of thing - if you didn't log on first.

Only because you're too stupid to tick the box that keeps you logged in. Or, of course, because you have multiple accounts ..... ahhhh !

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No nobody has suggested I'm a six year old child. As was perfectly clear in my post I've likened using the ignore function to being a six year old child sticking their fingers in their ears - i.e. childish. It was you that suggested I use it because I pointed out how tedious a particular poster is. I haven't, don't and never will use the ignore function. Clear enough for even you to understand this time ?

You sound tetchy... again.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I know you hate it but we have had a vote. That vote gave a decision to leave the EU. You obviously feel that vote should be ignored because you dont agree with it.
The consequence of leaving the European Union where no withdrawal agreement is in place, is however, in accordance with the treaty protocols of leaving the European Union,leaving the European Union with “no deal”.
You obviously wish that there is NO withdrawal agreement in place that effects the leaving of the EU, you shouldn’t moan therefore about the consequences of what you wish for.
Be careful what you wish for is very apt in your case. So is hoisted by your own undemocratic loonery.

Oh no, we are in danger of going round in circles again..... and you continue to seek to impose an option on nearly half the country (if not more) that it really doesn't want! Why not revoke article 50 to take off immediate time pressure and decide what option can bring a divided nation together?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's good that Liam Fox has had to come out and correct the bullshit coming out of the Johnson camp then. The shitshow rolls on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here