Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot (1).png

Well, at least KT1 is has settled any differences....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nothing to do with Brexit, lots to do with the EU though.

If we had just been enforcing UK sanctions on Syria, on a vessel that was passing through UK waters, you think we would get the same response from the countries we have asked for assistance? EU member states are assisting, because it is EU sanctions that have led to this, the EU will probably cover the costs of operations, but you carry on saying nothing to do with the EU.

So the requests we put in at the weekend with European foreign ministers ( and not with the EU) for a multinational protection European-led mission to protect shipping from attack in recognised shipping lanes in the region of the strait of Hormuz, is still nothing to do with brexit and a protection mission of shipping that still does not fall under any governance from the European Union.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I suddenly realised that our new PM has the same relationship with the truth as I had with my Auntie Peggy:

a) I was always rather uncomfortable in her presence, but

b) I've not seen her for years, and

c) I simply wouldn't recognise her if I saw her

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Syria is under sanctions from the US, the UK, the EU, and the UN. There is a legitimate case for stopping shipping supplying them oil.

You may be right about there being a case, but is it legitimate?

My understanding was that only the UN security council is able to sanction the seizing of a 'third party' ship navigating international straits such as Hormuz and Gibraltar. I am sure that the Iranians didn't have such approval but I don't think the UK did either.

I'm happy to be corrected. If I am right though the UK will need to release the Iranian vessel and concentrate on wiping the egg off its face.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Now Boris, please deliver what we voted for.

Not going to happen unless he can persuade Parliament to change it's mind on the Withdrawal Agreement, which isn't going to change from it's present form.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexiteers getting proper didgy now. They know with BJ at the helm Brexit is dead in the water. A very sweet day. A very sweet day indeed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brexiteers getting proper didgy now. They know with BJ at the helm Brexit is dead in the water. A very sweet day. A very sweet day indeed.

so you dont think with a leaver at the helm, the same withdrawal agreement might get the nod from the hardline brexiteers?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
so you dont think with a leaver at the helm, the same withdrawal agreement might get the nod from the hardline brexiteers?

Who knows, Boris voted for it, then he didn't, then he did. Anything could happen....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here